Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Last edited by a moderator:

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
This killed me :laugh:

I aim to please!

Nylander's vision is elite. Guy's off his rocker. The seams he finds for passes don't exist when he sees them. He thinks and sees the game in advance. His play is a lot like a QB who anticipates his receivers and puts the ball where they will eventually be.

Indeed. There's a reason he put so many players in exceptional scoring chances during his time up. There was several times where he got the puck and I saw three plays he could make, and suddenly he had used a fourth. Thornton and Crosby do that to me, a few others as well (The Sedins most notably, but after a while you just add the Sedin to Sedin-option even if you don't see it). I pretty much consider his vision his absolutely best attribute.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
I aim to please!

Indeed. There's a reason he put so many players in exceptional scoring chances during his time up. There was several times where he got the puck and I saw three plays he could make, and suddenly he had used a fourth. Thornton and Crosby do that to me, a few others as well (The Sedins most notably, but after a while you just add the Sedin to Sedin-option even if you don't see it). I pretty much consider his vision his absolutely best attribute.

You have to figure with a more talented group of forwards to play around Willie, he's going to be the catalyst for a whole lot of celebrations in years to come.

I can't wait until these kids grow up some.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
You have to figure with a more talented froup of gorwarfs to play around Willie, he's going to be the catalyst for a whole lot of celebrations in years to come.

What's a froup of gorworfs?

Alexanderthe89

Apr 29, 2011
You sir, deserve a special response as you obviously have no clue what I'm talking about and you clearly are a puck watcher.

I'm imagining you spitting out this phrase like Draco Malfoy does "mudblood."

FILTHY PUCK WATCHER!

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Nylander's vision is elite. Guy's off his rocker. The seams he finds for passes don't exist when he sees them. He thinks and sees the game in advance. His play is a lot like a QB who anticipates his receivers and puts the ball where they will eventually be.

To be fair I think trip 6's means when willie doesn't have the puck, so maybe he is talking about his positioning and IQ? Which he is still wrong about. Willie is so cerebral out their you can see him calculating what's going to happen in the next 10 seconds.
Perhaps since trip 6 is not watching the puck when willie has it he is missing what happens then?

Bernier the Boats

Formerly BBurke
Aug 31, 2011
what I love is that Nylander Marner and Matthews are all good defensively

They have a long way to go before they're good defensive players in the NHL, but Matthews and Marner definitely try hard on the backcheck and the defensive zone. Willy has an elite ability to strip the puck from people, but needs to improve his overall defensive play (obviously).

None of the 3 should be a liability, but I'd bet Matthews is the only one who becomes a very strong defensive player at the NHL level.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
You have to figure with a more talented group of forwards to play around Willie, he's going to be the catalyst for a whole lot of celebrations in years to come.

Same. Matthews excels at finishing in-close plays and Nylander excels at creating those.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
I don't understand why people don't understand what I'm saying but either way it's on me.

What I am saying is that compared to other players in the past, Nylander does not exhibit the vision to be a future first liner. Players his age continue to develop a bit more but most of it's there and we can see that he won't be a first liner IN THE FUTURE based on his vision today, compared to players in the past.

I've used the example of Kadri a few times but it gets ignored but they are very similar. Not similar now but similar when they first played in the NHL. And yes Kadri might have been older but it doesn't matter, vision is vision.

Second liners, that's it and that's not a bad thing.

Forgive me, but this is one of the most ludicrous comments on this board I've ever read. A young player who has consistently out produced his peers at every level he has played and has done so while 'lacking vision', 666,pass the pipe, I want some of that shyte.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Forgive me, but this is one of the most ludicrous comments on this board I've ever read. A young player who has consistently out produced his peers at every level he has played and has done so while 'lacking vision', 666,pass the pipe, I want some of that shyte.

oh you must be one of those gullible puck watchers. :sarcasm:

BackHandShelf22

Apr 12, 2014
Random question regarding YRT (york regional transit). My car got into a fender bender. Was planning on heading down to a marlies game on saturday assuming they get that far. I'm meeting up with a friend at fairview mall before heading down. For someone who's never taken the YRT despite living in it's jurisdiction, do you have to pay for tickets at a different location before hand if there isn't a machine? Or does the yrt accept cash fares when you board? Sorry if it's a dumb question. I just haven't had the need to take public transit in years.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Willie got a goal in spite of his lack of vision, but the Marlies are giving up a ton of shots. Not sure how much more of him we will see this year. I am really curious to see if Carrick can manage another big game.

jjjshab

Jul 7, 2015
Random question regarding YRT (york regional transit). My car got into a fender bender. Was planning on heading down to a marlies game on saturday assuming they get that far. I'm meeting up with a friend at fairview mall before heading down. For someone who's never taken the YRT despite living in it's jurisdiction, do you have to pay for tickets at a different location before hand if there isn't a machine? Or does the yrt accept cash fares when you board? Sorry if it's a dumb question. I just haven't had the need to take public transit in years.

i'm quite certain they don't take cash fares, though i don't live in york region. any time i've taken yrt/viva, the stop has had a ticket dispenser built in. i would check if yours does beforehand and if it doesn't, find the closest vendor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad