Prospects and Marlies Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Don't think Babcok is a big fan of Holland. Has the size and skill, but seems to lack grit and determination. Would imagine he still makes the team as a 4th liner, and moved at the TDL for a pick.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him moved before the start of the season for a pick. Maybe they'll throw in Corrado for good measure and then use the extra contract spots for Brooks, Walker, Desrocher or Piccinich.

Johny Drama

Jun 7, 2009
But who would Froese, Smith, Clune and one of Rychel/Leivo replace?

JVR-Bozak-Michalek
Komarov-Kadri-Soshnikov (Although I think Brown makes it over him)
Rychel/Leivo-Matthews-Nylander
Martin-Laich-Hyman
Holland

And this is assuming Lupul moves to Robidas Island.

You also left out Marner.
Not guaranteed is with Leafs for whole year, but would imagine they keep him around to start the year at least to see how he looks.
This creates more of a logjam on the wings.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
64643ed5c075500f940f6a7067001bb8_tx600.JPEG

Trevor Moore
Left Wing -- shoots L
Born Mar 31 1995 -- Thousand Oaks, CA
21 yrs. ago
Height 5.10 -- Weight 175

RECENT STATS:

2012-13 - Tri-City Storm - USHL
62 Games... 20 Goals... 43 Assists... 63 Points... -20 *PPG+
------------------------------------------------------------
2013-14 - University Of Denver Pioneers - NCHC
42 Games... 14 Goals... 18 Assists... 32 Points... +/- 0
2014-15 - University Of Denver Pioneers - NCHC
39 Games... 22 Goals... 22 Assists... 44 Points... +19 *PPG+
2015-16 - University Of Denver Pioneers - NCHC
40 Games... 11 Goals... 33 Assists... 44 Points... +16 *PPG+

Jacked: Trevor Moore 2012-2016 Extended Highlights - TML (HD)

Last edited:

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Not sure of we all missed these two.., so if I'm repeating this, I apologize..

Johny Drama

Jun 7, 2009
Yegor Korshkov has been called up to the Russia NT B-team for a friendly tournament in Sochi (August 3-rd to 6-th).

That's good.
Too old for the WJ team this year, but would be great if he were to make the World Championship team.

Mr Hockey*

Yegor Korshkov has been called up to the Russia NT B-team for a friendly tournament in Sochi (August 3-rd to 6-th).

Looks like this kid is really starting to develop now! Hunter is really on top of his game ...

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Not sure of we all missed these two.., so if I'm repeating this, I apologize..

There was something on Findlay and Watling before, but the new guy is Taylor Doherty; the big 6'7" defenseman we had on loan near the end of the season.

At least the Solar Bears are working to improve their team. Defense is still a little bit rough, but their forward group is pretty stacked on paper. They also need more depth all around.

Johny Drama

Jun 7, 2009
Strange to see Doherty sign with an ECHL team. I remember wanting us to use one of our 2nd round picks to take him the draft but we took Kenny Ryan and Jesse Blacker.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
Strange to see Doherty sign with an ECHL team. I remember wanting us to use one of our 2nd round picks to take him the draft but we took Kenny Ryan and Jesse Blacker.

Do yourself a favor and don't look at the players drafted almost immediately after Ryan and Blacker. Especially the 60th, 64th and 69th picks.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Do yourself a favor and don't look at the players drafted almost immediately after Ryan and Blacker. Especially the 60th, 64th and 69th picks.

Man no wonder shanny fired all the scouts. That's just horrible

Jamie Devane right before Reilly Smith.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
It's really strange that NHL scouts don't use hindsight to draft their players like people on message boards do. They would be far more successful if they did.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
The issue is with the justification management used at the time in order to draft these players. These guys were supposed to be safe picks that would suit up for the Leafs but turned out to be duds. I understand that it's a practice in hindsight, but at the same time there's lessons to be learned from the 2009 draft. Aside from Blacker, Ryan was a pest who was supposed to complement skilled players while Devane was to protect them. Issue was that we lacked those skilled players and Ryan and Devane just didn't have the hands, mind and according to some reports, the commitment. Blacker couldn't think at the rate the game is played at. These guys were NHL ready but at the same time they weren't NHL ready.

Last edited:

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
The issue is with the justification management used at the time in order to draft these players. These guys were supposed to be safe picks that would suit up for the Leafs but turned out to be duds. I understand that it's a practice in hindsight, but at the same time there's lessons to be learned from the 2009 draft. Aside from Blacker, Ryan was a pest who was supposed to complement skilled players while Devane was to protect them. Issue was that we lacked those skilled players and Ryan and Devane just didn't have the hands, mind and according to some reports, the commitment. Blacker couldn't think at the rate the game is played at. These guys were NHL ready but at the same time they weren't NHL ready.

http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=461815

Burke selected seven players at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, and all but one was at least 6-foot tall. First-rounder Nazem Kadri, selected at No. 7, was the only one not to weigh at least 190 pounds.

Three of the players -- Kadri, second-round pick Jesse Blacker and third-round pick Jamie Devane -- were from Ontario. The other four players -- second-round pick Kenny Ryan, fifth-round pick Eric Knodel, sixth-round pick Jerry D'Amigo and seventh-rounder Barron Smith -- were all Americans.

There were no Europeans selected by the Maple Leafs this summer after years of relying on European talent.

"That wasn't a big accident either," Burke said. "I think European players are important in our League, they provided an element of skill and no team has won a Cup without European players. They are a vital part of things. But I think the mix has to be right,
too

Burke didn't go BPA by any stretch of the imagination.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
"That wasn't a big accident either," Burke said. "I think European players are important in our League, they provided an element of skill and no team has won a Cup without European players. They are a vital part of things. But I think the mix has to be right, too

He tries to reach for common ground here but this is still stupid.

It's like saying that to win the cup you need the right mix of blonde, black and brown haired guys.

Crazy Monkey

Aug 9, 2009
He tries to reach for common ground here but this is still stupid.

It's like saying that to win the cup you need the right mix of blonde, black and brown haired guys.

I think it's different. Hair colour is hair colour. Different countries tend to produce players with a different style and skill set. It's a generalization, but I do think it's different. You do need a mix

Mad Brills*

marlies won't be that good this year due to promotions/trades/losses.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

Promising, really think he could have a huge year in Kitchener. Him and Mascherin could put up big totals. Obviously he has flaws he needs to work out, but good to here he's having a good development camp.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

Promising, really think he could have a huge year in Kitchener. Him and Mascherin could put up big totals. Obviously he has flaws he needs to work out, but good to here he's having a good development camp.

It amazes me how people seem to be ignoring Bracco's skill.

He has some of the best vision, and playmaking I have seen in the CHL. He seems to be getting stronger, and there's not question his offensive skills will develop, and as he matures physically, he will get that much better.

Hopefully he can break 100 points this season, and then next year play with the Marlies and start to improve his two-way game

Mr Hockey*

How do you think Marner would do if he went back to London, with no Dvorak or Tkachuk as linemates?

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
How do you think Marner would do if he went back to London, with no Dvorak or Tkachuk as linemates?
He'd put up 2ppg still, he runs the powerplay and London still has talent. He put up 2ppg in the playoffs in 2015 with Sterk and Rupert on his line, and was dominant most of the year with Dvorak and Rupert being his primary linemates. But I doubt he's back there.

Mr Hockey*

He'd put up 2ppg still, he runs the powerplay and London still has talent. He put up 2ppg in the playoffs in 2015 with Sterk and Rupert on his line, and was dominant most of the year with Dvorak and Rupert being his primary linemates. But I doubt he's back there.

You think Hunter would be pushing for him to go back to London?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad