Prospects and Marlies Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
You should read up on what Clune, Campbell, etc. are saying about the Marlies organization.

Cameranesi is definitely living like a king next year playing for the Marlies. Catered meals every day, all sorts of resources right at their fingers.

He's not going to be living paycheck to paycheck. :laugh:

Have you seen the prices of condos in Toronto? He's likely going to be living in someone's basement haha

Barilko14

Jul 5, 2006
Renfrew, ON
You should read up on what Clune, Campbell, etc. are saying about the Marlies organization.

Cameranesi is definitely living like a king next year playing for the Marlies. Catered meals every day, all sorts of resources right at their fingers.

Not great examples. Campbell made $250k last year and making $400k next year in the AHL, Clune made $350k in the AHL last year. They signed specifically to be good AHL veterans.

The average young AHLer is making $60k/year, that's guys signed to a two-way NHL contract, so highly doubtful Cameranesi gets much more than that.

Those vets would make around 4 times as much as the average AHLer, won't be quite as easy for Tony to live like a king, especially as he'll likely see some time in Orlando.

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
Jack Walker looks like he could be a steal for me...Serious speed along with great hands and a great quick shot. I think he has a great chance to be an NHL player.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Really not a big deal because Harrington would have been too. If Rychel is the one guy we lose in the draft I don't think I'd cry myself to sleep.

As of right we're one of the lucky few teams that realistically have nothing of value to lose in the expansion draft.
Yeah, due to being early on in a rebuild 3 of our 4 most valuable assets are automatically protected. With the boatload of cap-space coming our way, combined with prospect depth, we are actually in a great position to pick off guys who are boarderline on other teams in trades prior to the lists having to be put in prior to the roster freeze.

GBLeaf

Feb 13, 2014
England, GB.
Not great examples. Campbell made $250k last year and making $400k next year in the AHL, Clune made $350k in the AHL last year. They signed specifically to be good AHL veterans.

The average young AHLer is making $60k/year, that's guys signed to a two-way NHL contract, so highly doubtful Cameranesi gets much more than that.

Those vets would make around 4 times as much as the average AHLer, won't be quite as easy for Tony to live like a king, especially as he'll likely see some time in Orlando.

If its anything like Sports over here, they get young kids to buddy up, usually with an older player and they live together, makes it cheaper, they don't feel alone and they get to bond.

Drew75

Sep 5, 2005
The Leafs are likely to send a larger contingent to Orlando this season based on the number of prospects in the system. Remembering that going to Orlando DOES NOT MEAN that they have to spend the whole season there - who do you see 'getting their feet wet' in the sun?

I can see Walker and Brooks both potentially starting out in Florida. Cameranesi (sp?) is a possibility ... what about some of the D prospects?

Thoughts?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
The Leafs are likely to send a larger contingent to Orlando this season based on the number of prospects in the system. Remembering that going to Orlando DOES NOT MEAN that they have to spend the whole season there - who do you see 'getting their feet wet' in the sun?

I can see Walker and Brooks both potentially starting out in Florida. Cameranesi (sp?) is a possibility ... what about some of the D prospects?

Thoughts?

I think it's more likely you see the AHL contracted players be in Orlando as opposed to the other way around.

It will highly depend on their performance. I don't see the point of sending them down if they deserve to stay with the Marlies.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

Thoughts?

With the Marlies lack of center depth I could see Brooks starting with Toronto ... Then again if Holland fails to crack the Leafs roster this falls, gets waived, and clears then that would change things a bit. Might be better, at that point, for Brooks to get top 6 minutes in Orlando to start.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Clune and Campbell were not making $43k a year.

Anyway, AHL minimum is/was $43k, and if he's paying after tax rent in Toronto he's going to want to take advantage of the free meals.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

Marlies signed Brett Findlay. More good depth for the Marlies, and a high end player for the Solar Bears.

blueberrie

Mar 23, 2010

Anyway, AHL minimum is/was $43k, and if he's paying after tax rent in Toronto he's going to want to take advantage of the free meals.

That is true. Is it confirmed hes making AHL min?

My point is he'll be living better than 95% of the rest of the AHL players

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010

$43K in Toronto is barely a livable wage with the cost of living..

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
That is true. Is it confirmed hes making AHL min?

My point is he'll be living better than 95% of the rest of the AHL players

The other incentives alone are worth a decent amount. Plus I'm sure he will be able to live comfortably.

Most likely he'll be making in the 60k range. He won't be making a king's ransom, but he can live off of that. Wouldn't be surprised if there were bonuses or benefits (like the meals and stuff) involved with that too.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
The other incentives alone are worth a decent amount. Plus I'm sure he will be able to live comfortably.

Most likely he'll be making in the 60k range. He won't be making a king's ransom, but he can live off of that. Wouldn't be surprised if there were bonuses or benefits (like the meals and stuff) involved with that too.

Odds are he'll share a place.
Maybe he has a money making partner to help out with costs?

As I tell my kids all the time, pursue your dream don't worry about money. Starving artists are just starving, not dead.

Johny Drama

Jun 7, 2009
With the Marlies lack of center depth I could see Brooks starting with Toronto ... Then again if Holland fails to crack the Leafs roster this falls, gets waived, and clears then that would change things a bit. Might be better, at that point, for Brooks to get top 6 minutes in Orlando to start.

Froese, C.Smith, Brooks, Gauthier and Camarenesi are the most likely to be the Marlies centres. I don't see Brooks going to the ECHL. I think he will surprise a few folk and not only make the Marlies, but end up in a top 6 role.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Froese, C.Smith, Brooks, Gauthier and Camarenesi are the most likely to be the Marlies centres. I don't see Brooks going to the ECHL. I think he will surprise a few folk and not only make the Marlies, but end up in a top 6 role.

I also believe Holland might be in that mix - I don't think he'll be with the Leafs over the whole year and I'll guess he'll clear waivers

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
I also believe Holland might be in that mix - I don't think he'll be with the Leafs over the whole year and I'll guess he'll clear waivers

I just don't see how he fits... something has to be up... we have too much depth :laugh:

We already have the following that could be on the roster...

Brown
Leivo
Hyman
Soshnikov
Leipsic
Kapanen
Rychel
Johnson
Timashov
Lindberg
Brooks*
Gauthier
Froese
Smith
Clune
Moore
Cliche
Witala
Walker*
Cameranesi
Conacher
Faille
Marchment

Lets say 4 of these guys either make the leafs or get picked up on waivers...

Thats still 19 players for 12 (14 with extras) spots...

Johny Drama

Jun 7, 2009

Don't think Babcok is a big fan of Holland. Has the size and skill, but seems to lack grit and determination. Would imagine he still makes the team as a 4th liner, and moved at the TDL for a pick.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I just don't see how he fits... something has to be up... we have too much depth :laugh:

We already have the following that could be on the roster...

Brown
Leivo
Hyman
Soshnikov
Leipsic
Kapanen
Rychel
Johnson
Timashov
Lindberg
Brooks*
Gauthier
Froese
Smith
Clune
Moore
Cliche
Witala
Walker*
Cameranesi
Conacher
Faille
Marchment

Lets say 4 of these guys either make the leafs or get picked up on waivers...

Thats still 19 players for 12 (14 with extras) spots...

Hyman
Rychel
Soshnikov
Leivo

Froese
Smith
Clune

My guess, in order, on those who would be challenging for a spot with the Leafs.

Bottom 3 don't excite me whatsoever.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
Hyman
Rychel
Soshnikov
Leivo

Froese
Smith
Clune

My guess, in order, on those who would be challenging for a spot with the Leafs.

Bottom 3 don't excite me whatsoever.

But who would Froese, Smith, Clune and one of Rychel/Leivo replace?

JVR-Bozak-Michalek
Komarov-Kadri-Soshnikov (Although I think Brown makes it over him)
Rychel/Leivo-Matthews-Nylander
Martin-Laich-Hyman
Holland

And this is assuming Lupul moves to Robidas Island.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark