Post-Game Talk: Predators 4 - Jets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Nobody played well and Nashville wanted this game more which i don't like especially at home. Helly letting in the weak early goal also really hurt, can't have that in the playoffs. Did Connor dress for this game? Man do we need more from him, invisible out there and he's one of our best players . Scheifele was missed big time last night also, hopefully he's back next game.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I'm starting to worry that Monohan is not going to cut it as a playoff 2C. We are running that line hard but it accomplishes very little 5 on 5. His pp attributes are going to be less important once the refs put the whistles away in the post season. It seems Bones is going to force it to try to work so hopefully something clicks there but I'm not optimistic. We have a number of years of data on Sean post surgeries.

Thought the Scheifele illness disrupted two lines that played really well the prior game. The fourth line without name went back to a head down chip and chase game and really only Barron is effective playing that type of game on the 4th line. Namestnikov didn't fare well between KC/Ehlers and that line did nothing all game.

The defense was really off last night. Not much in the way of recognition and they were running around.

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
These efforts should not be happening this late in the season, GAF level in this one was 0, into the bin it goes and regroup for the Ducks

giphy.gif
Shief was out sick, seems like flu is still going through the team. Low energy due to being sick would probably explain that lack of GAF observed. Not so much an excuse but a possible explanation and better for them to get through this now than later. Facing a bit of adversity rather than coasting into the playoffs may be beneficial. Trying to be glass-half-full guy this morning.

Seems Jets just cannot win without Schief. I'm okay with him taking some time off now rather than being burnt come the playoffs. Would like to see Bro get more starts.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Standing recap, well the Avs and Stars are now tied for first Jets 2 points back with 2 games in hand. Avs have won 5 straight while the Stars and Jets lost their last game. Predators are now 7 points behind the Jets who also have 2 games in hand on them.

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
I'll never understand this board and how many people love complaining about Perfetti. I really just don't get it. Yes he has hit a wall and isn't getting much done right now. No he isn't even remotely close to the biggest problem out there.

You've got first line Kyle Connor right there, doing sweet f*** all 5v5 or defensively, playing 20 minutes a night but you want to get on the young guy on the 4th line playing with Kupari and Barron.

You've got Monahan who we just paid a 1st rounder for, who again can't get anything done 5v5 (5 points in 17 games). How about Iafallo doing basically nothing offensively for the last 50 games.

How about Pionk being probably the biggest overall negative impact on this team.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I'll never understand this board and how many people love complaining about Perfetti. I really just don't get it. Yes he has hit a wall and isn't getting much done right now. No he isn't even remotely close to the biggest problem out there.

You've got first line Kyle Connor right there, doing sweet f*** all 5v5 or defensively, playing 20 minutes a night but you want to get on the young guy on the 4th line playing with Kupari and Barron.

You've got Monahan who we just paid a 1st rounder for, who again can't get anything done 5v5 (5 points in 17 games). How about Iafallo doing basically nothing offensively for the last 50 games.

How about Pionk being probably the biggest overall negative impact on this team.

Yup, a player playing 7 minutes in a defensive grinding role is hardly the biggest issue. He should have been advanced last night when absolutely nothing in the top 9 was working. But Bones decided to live and die with his vets and they let him down.

The biggest issue to me is Bones has seemingly lost a bit of his grip on the team again the back half of the year. We aren't doing the things that made us successful the first half. It also starts with his vets.

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
Good point on the 4, need guys to crash and bang and get the puck in the opposite end of the rink, now we have guys like Perfetan getting pushed off the puck in our end!
Again go watch the game over. He didn’t get pushed off any pucks in his own end and got every puck out clean that came to his side last night, which you can’t say for many other wingers during that game.

Unfortunately Kupari and Barron can only dump pucks in, they make zero plays. I don’t think he got one pass last night that wasn’t from a dman. When he plays with Vlad they make things happen. He needs someone else to make plays with.

@sipowicz

Last edited:

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

There's 2 posts on Perfetti (from the same poster) in this thread lol. Idk if he's being blamed as much as you're projecting, in this thread atleast.

I do agree though with the other player's performances. All the what abouts are definitely valid.... Although Iafallo has scored in two straight now after I was mentioning how unproductive he's been :laugh:. And Pionk after an early solid start has been trending down.... But Schmidt is the one who routinely gets the brunt of the criticism or sat.

Last night, as usual, was going to be an uphill battle without scheifele in the lineup against the hottest team in the league. I couldn't watch super closely after the first but the top line as a whole I felt struggled to get anything offensively.

Agree on Monahan and really was the main reservation on him on the trade. He had a solid few games in the PP. His play outside of that though, he has not really heen a real catalyst offensively and IMO leaves alot to be desired. I'd guesstimate the second line scored at a higher rate with Namestnikov there rather than Monahan-he hasn't really elevated to or beyond the point of Names at 2C. All that at a price of a 1st+...however still another 17 regular season games and a PO series at the minimum to improve.

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Getting outplayed once in a while happens getting outplayed this badly twice in three games is definitely a cause for concern
It's all in the attitude.

Were we badly outplayed twice in three games? Yes.

Did we completely shutout the other team twice in three games. Yes.

It all depends on which three recent games you choose, hence which attitude you want to adopt. And how happy you decide you want to be.

Reading today's thread full of the usual "whole team is completely crap" and "gonna make a first round exit" whiners and snowflakes, it's like being back at a high school dance listening to all the weeping and drama in the girls' bathroom. I'm tempted to suggest some people need to grow a pair but Betty White's famous quote was so much better, and much more accurate.

With the win on Friday, the mood will do a sudden wheel in here and we'll be back to happy, excited fan boys praising their idols again. Except for Sipowicz. He never likes anything.

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB
It seems apparent to me for quite some time that this core for whatever reason just doesn't have it and never will. Talent and skill aren't enough it's why I wanted a rebuild/retool and I believe it's what we need. I see very little chance this team does much in the playoffs.

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
Really hope this last stretch is flu bug related because these lack of effort flat garbage games recently are becoming a concern this late in the season. Also, Jets have 13 wins in 27 games against current playoff teams. Not great.

Gordon112358

Nov 1, 2022
I have to chuckle at most of what seems to be negative focus on a team that is 41-19-5.
I am quite certain we will beat Anaheim and Columbus and by Monday we will all be in a good mood again :)

Every team struggles from time to time and every team posts a stinker game once in a while.
At the end of the day we have a really solid team here and I've seen enough examples of it throughout the year that I am confident that we have a good a chance as any of doing some damage in the playoffs.
Unfortunately there is little that separates Wpg, Dal, Col, Van, Edm as any of those teams could easily make the finals and nobody would be a bit surprised.
We can only hope that we are ready to go and healthy for game 1 of the playoffs. Let's stay positive and keep cheering. I think this team is going to go a long way in the spring.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I'm starting to worry that Monohan is not going to cut it as a playoff 2C. We are running that line hard but it accomplishes very little 5 on 5. His pp attributes are going to be less important once the refs put the whistles away in the post season. It seems Bones is going to force it to try to work so hopefully something clicks there but I'm not optimistic. We have a number of years of data on Sean post surgeries.

Thought the Scheifele illness disrupted two lines that played really well the prior game. The fourth line without name went back to a head down chip and chase game and really only Barron is effective playing that type of game on the 4th line. Namestnikov didn't fare well between KC/Ehlers and that line did nothing all game.

The defense was really off last night. Not much in the way of recognition and they were running around.
Yeah, these were my initial concerns with Monahan when we traded for him. Then he started out real hot and was looking like he steal … he needs to get back to that.

PaulPooley

Nov 18, 2018
It seems apparent to me for quite some time that this core for whatever reason just doesn't have it and never will. Talent and skill aren't enough it's why I wanted a rebuild/retool and I believe it's what we need. I see very little chance this team does much in the playoffs.
I had come to the same conclusion after last season but then the changes that were made along with some very impressive play pre-January sucked me back into believing. I’m really not sure this core group is capable of sustaining the level of play necessary for consistent success.

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020

Sad but true. I don't mean to be one of those "sky is falling because we lost last night" guys but the sheer inconsistency lately, capped up with getting dominated at home by a wild card team (even if they are on a hot streak) does not instill any confidence in me when it comes to the playoffs.

Let's go over the potential first round matchups again.

Jets vs. Dallas? We're in trouble.
Jets vs. Colorado? We're in trouble.
Jets vs. Vegas? We're in trouble.
Jets vs. Nashville? We're in trouble.
Jets vs. Kings? Maybe there's a chance.

As for Scheif, I thought the whole point of all this depth was so that you could withstand the loss of a player or two. But apparently there's enough depth to withstand the loss of one key player and with Vilardi out, that's it. Defense was sloppy all night. The Jets were reduced to hoping Helle could bail them out again just like last season... they were never really in the game last night.

Gotta give the fans credit, they were supportive until the end. I was frankly expecting boos to rain down after the Jets gave up those two quick goals but I really didn't hear any until right at the bitter end of the game.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Again go watch the game over. He didn’t get pushed off any pucks in his own end and got every puck out clean that came to his side last night, which you can’t say for many other wingers during that game.

Unfortunately Kupari and Barron can only dump pucks in, they make zero plays. I don’t think he got one pass last night that wasn’t from a dman. When he plays with Vlad they make things happen. He needs someone else to make plays with.

@sipowicz
You're right singling out Perfetan when the whole team was bad and Connor just as bad or worse, WASN'T THE RIGHT GAME TO DO IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany