Post-Game Talk: Predators 4 - Jets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
The Jets are missing Volare big time, especially on the PP.
With everyone healthy, we would have 2 great PP units.
Scheif KFC Ehlers Monahan Toffoli Perfetti JMo Miller Nino Volare
Lots of talent for 2 good units.

I'd run Toffoli Scheif Volare Ehlers JMo on the first unit.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
This season....

Jets vs. Dallas? 3 Losses.
Jets vs. Colorado? 2 Wins.
Jets vs. Vegas? 2 Losses.
Jets vs. Nashville? 1 Win, 2 Losses.
Jets vs. Kings? 1 Win, 1 Loss.
Problem is that Colorado, Dallas, Vancouver and Nashville are all rolling right now and in playoff mode... Winnipeg, LA, Edmonton, Vegas all sputtering along

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Can someone smarter than me show where we rank in points percentage since January 1?

Edit: Looks like:

3rd until Jan 1
8th since Jan 1
12th since Feb 1

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but that looks like an ugly pattern.
since feb 1st were 10-7... what an ugly f***ing pattern, I mean come on we have 1 less point then basement teams like dallas and carolina... don't get me started how were tied with a lottery team like the avalanche... on the bright side it could have been more embarrassing since we somehow manage to collect more points then the cancuks/bruins

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Problem is that Colorado, Dallas, Vancouver and Nashville are all rolling right now and in playoff mode... Winnipeg, LA, Edmonton, Vegas all sputtering along
Van is 5-3-2 in last 10 for 12 points.
Dallas is 6-3-1 in last 10 for 13 points.
Jets are 6-4-0 in last 10 for 12 points.

Oilers are 7-2-1 in last 10 for 15 points.

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
What a goofy way to approach, well... anything.
Ok. You are entitled to your opinion.
The evidence is mounting with their record vs playoff teams since Christmas being 4-8. I guess we will see how you respond when they lose round 1 in 4 straight.
I also hope I am wrong since I bought into them being a 'contender' although since the return of KFC something is amiss

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Ok. You are entitled to your opinion.
The evidence is mounting with their record vs playoff teams since Christmas being 4-8. I guess we will see how you respond when they lose round 1 in 4 straight.
I also hope I am wrong since I bought into them being a 'contender' although since the return of KFC something is amiss
4-7-1, 1-4-1 without scheifele in those games, also didn't have a mixture of monahan, toffoli, vilardi... team should look a lot different come playoff times if everyone is in the lineup, also think the flu bug could easily explain why we look so good 1 game then awful the next

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Just a horrifark of a game. Hope that they were all playing while having the flu because they need an excuse.

The pattern good, bad, good, bad is promising for the next game. Just hope they get off on the right side of this roller-coaster.

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Why is this loss an example of crumbling when it matters most but the win on Monday isn't an example of the team firing on all cylinders?
I think them looking like world beaters on Monday had a lot to do with the fact that Washington was horrible. I was at the game, and of course I feel the Jets played well, but it was pretty hard not to when your opponent was that bad.

Reactions: Gm0ney and hn777

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
It was an example of them firing on all cylinders. Against a lesser team. And to repeat, I’m not basing this on one game. We got destroyed in Dallas. We got destroyed in Vancouver. They were not even competitive. Feels very familiar to me.

I'm not saying you're basing it on one game but you seem to be putting way more weight on the losses than the wins.

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
The Jets are missing Volare big time, especially on the PP.
With everyone healthy, we would have 2 great PP units.
Scheif KFC Ehlers Monahan Toffoli Perfetti JMo Miller Nino Volare
Lots of talent for 2 good units.

I'd run Toffoli Scheif Volare Ehlers JMo on the first unit.
So you would leave Connor off the first PP? That makes no sense. One of the only things KC is good at is scoring goals. If you don't put him in the best situations to do that (like top PP minutes) your taking away pretty much half of his game.

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
It was an example of them firing on all cylinders. Against a lesser team. And to repeat, I’m not basing this on one game. We got destroyed in Dallas. We got destroyed in Vancouver. They were not even competitive. Feels very familiar to me.
I agree with you 100% and their 4-8 record vs playoffs teams is additional evidence that this team is going on the wrong direction despite winning vs no playoff teams. A very good team will not make it to the second round of the playoffs in the West but the great teams will.

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
4-7-1, 1-4-1 without scheifele in those games, also didn't have a mixture of monahan, toffoli, vilardi... team should look a lot different come playoff times if everyone is in the lineup, also think the flu bug could easily explain why we look so good 1 game then awful the next
I know the need Scheifele,. It is scary how much they rely on him.
Do you know their record since Connor returned? It seems the defensive structure has suffered since then

Reactions: hn777

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
So you would leave Connor off the first PP? That makes no sense. One of the only things KC is good at is scoring goals. If you don't put him in the best situations to do that (like top PP minutes) your taking away pretty much half of his game.
Can’t have Ehlers and Scheif on the same unit, they both play the same spot. That is why Ehlers always ends up on unit 2

As for Connor, I agree you have to have him on unit 1 because if he isn’t scoring then he doesn’t bring much else. Unfortunately he has not been good on the PP for quite sometime.

Reactions: Jets 31 and hn777

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
I know the need Scheifele,. It is scary how much they rely on him.
Do you know their record since Connor returned? It seems the defensive structure has suffered since then
13-9-1 since he has returned with 7 of those games having no scheifele and multiple without a mixture of vilardi/monahan/toffoli and majority of them playing thru the flu bug... were not as bad as some people think

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
I'm not saying you're basing it on one game but you seem to be putting way more weight on the losses than the wins.
What I wrote earlier expands on this. It's very similar to the "based on one game" attitude.

Someone wrote that we had been beaten badly in 2 out of 3 games. They totally ignored that during same week we had played 3 games and shut out the other team in 2 of them.

I'm an optimistic, cheerful person by nature (even during my current job search) so I tend to laugh dismissively at grumpy, pessimistic sorts (even the Icon Sip) but sometimes I find myself wondering just how much effort you need to make to continually find the down side to everything. It must be exhausting (obligatory parenthetical comment not yet available) to be always predicting how badly the Jets will play.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016

Having Gus and Iafallo on the first line and Perfetti on the fourth is certainly a choice.

Also, it seems that the best thing that could happen to the team is a 30-game suspension for Lowry. The lineup is broken in more than one way, and Bowness is hanging on to his freaking third line, no matter the cost. WTF? Break it up and try something different.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Having Gus and Iafallo on the first line and Perfetti on the fourth is certainly a choice.

Also, it seems that the best thing that could happen to the team is a 30-game suspension for Lowry. The lineup is broken in more than one way, and Bowness is hanging on to his freaking third line, no matter the cost. WTF? Break it up and try something different.
gus is clearly a placeholder... perfetti/barron/names line was very good the last game they played as well

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Gus is clearly just a place holder for Mark in practice.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
What I wrote earlier expands on this. It's very similar to the "based on one game" attitude.

Someone wrote that we had been beaten badly in 2 out of 3 games. They totally ignored that during same week we had played 3 games and shut out the other team in 2 of them.

I'm an optimistic, cheerful person by nature (even during my current job search) so I tend to laugh dismissively at grumpy, pessimistic sorts (even the Icon Sip) but sometimes I find myself wondering just how much effort you need to make to continually find the down side to everything. It must be exhausting (obligatory parenthetical comment not yet available) to be always predicting how badly the Jets will play.

You have to take into consideration Jets fan PTSD...we have been let down several times by the Jets with late season collapses or early exits in the playoffs, so it's actually hard for many to NOT be negative about the team. There is that lingering doubt scratching at your brain. Even moreso if you are an old Jets 1.0 fan like myself, we have scars that run very deep lol.

I always try to remain optimistic, though. This has been a fine season, the best since 17-18, and I've enjoyed it a great deal.

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
13-9-1 since he has returned with 7 of those games having no scheifele and multiple without a mixture of vilardi/monahan/toffoli and majority of them playing thru the flu bug... were not as bad as some people think
Interesting. I thought it would be worse. It is not a great record. Sorry to make yo udo the work but what were they without him? I know there are other factors that contribute to wins and losses but he plays typically the 1st or 2nd most minutes on the team. I thought he looked good vs WSH but otherwise looks to still be in recovery mode or has hit his ceiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad