Post-Game Talk: Predators 4 - Jets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
We are world beaters one night and an absolute crap team the next. That's our problem... inconsistency and relying on goaltending for years now to compensate for our bad play. If we don't get the goaltending, we are doomed.

The Jets are a good team, but it has to have everyone going on the same night to have a chance of winning. Other than Helly ( and remember he can't score goals ) we don't have anyone on this team that you can point to and say " take us to the promised land " when the rest of the team takes a night off.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Sad but true. I don't mean to be one of those "sky is falling because we lost last night" guys but the sheer inconsistency lately, capped up with getting dominated at home by a wild card team (even if they are on a hot streak) does not instill any confidence in me when it comes to the playoffs.

Let's go over the potential first round matchups again.

Jets vs. Dallas? We're in trouble.
Jets vs. Colorado? We're in trouble.
Jets vs. Vegas? We're in trouble.
Jets vs. Nashville? We're in trouble.
Jets vs. Kings? Maybe there's a chance.

As for Scheif, I thought the whole point of all this depth was so that you could withstand the loss of a player or two. But apparently there's enough depth to withstand the loss of one key player and with Vilardi out, that's it. Defense was sloppy all night. The Jets were reduced to hoping Helle could bail them out again just like last season... they were never really in the game last night.

Gotta give the fans credit, they were supportive until the end. I was frankly expecting boos to rain down after the Jets gave up those two quick goals but I really didn't hear any until right at the bitter end of the game.
This season....

Jets vs. Dallas? 3 Losses.
Jets vs. Colorado? 2 Wins.
Jets vs. Vegas? 2 Losses.
Jets vs. Nashville? 1 Win, 2 Losses.
Jets vs. Kings? 1 Win, 1 Loss.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I gotta say I was pissed last night. Turned it off after the third goal to try and salvage the rest of my night.

The Preds are rolling, one of the best teams over the past few months after a rocky start.

You can tell they wanted it way more. I know people think that 1st in the Central should be all the motivation the Jets need but I don't think it equals just fighting for a playoff spot which is what the Preds are doing.

Teams are giving the Jets their best and if we aren't engaged this is what happens.

At the end of the day, seeding in the west doesn't mean much other than home ice advantage. The Jets are going to have to beat some very strong teams if they want to go far in the playoffs.

Time will tell if they have the fight and battle level they need in the playoffs but we won't know until the playoffs.

A lot has to go right to win it all and I'm just going to sit back and enjoy it.

Regular season is what it is, it's hard to get up for every game.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
We are world beaters one night and an absolute crap team the next. That's our problem... inconsistency and relying on goaltending for years now to compensate for our bad play. If we don't get the goaltending, we are doomed.

The Jets are a good team, but it has to have everyone going on the same night to have a chance of winning. Other than Helly ( and remember he can't score goals ) we don't have anyone on this team that you can point to and say " take us to the promised land " when the rest of the team takes a night off.
The coach has been preaching this since day one - the players will need to figure it out.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
For me it’s not just “A” loss. It’s a consistent pattern year-after-year of being incapable of showing up when it comes crunch time. I don’t know if they are just not good enough, or lack mental toughness. The team can always be counted on to crumble when it matters most.

My problem is the people that consistently show up when we lose and don't show up when we win

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Glad the site was shut down for a while.

Odd stretch we are going though here. Just the hot or the cold taps only like the house I grew up in.

Onward

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Glad the site was shut down for a while.

Odd stretch we are going though here. Just the hot or the cold taps only like the house I grew up in.

Onward

The only thing that bothered me was we are not the same team without Scheif in the lineup. He really is that impactful a player for us.

I hated our 2nd period. Kudos to the Preds they played a very consistent game and they got some lucky bounces but you earn those bounces

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
For me it’s not just “A” loss. It’s a consistent pattern year-after-year of being incapable of showing up when it comes crunch time. I don’t know if they are just not good enough, or lack mental toughness. The team can always be counted on to crumble when it matters most.

Why is this loss an example of crumbling when it matters most but the win on Monday isn't an example of the team firing on all cylinders?

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
It will all be fine when they shutout the Ducks next game... then the question is do they show up against Columbus haha

Reactions: Inanna

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
Can someone smarter than me show where we rank in points percentage since January 1?

Edit: Looks like:

3rd until Jan 1
8th since Jan 1
12th since Feb 1

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but that looks like an ugly pattern.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I was pissed last night but without knowing how many guys aren't feeling well and without our number 1 center at the last minute you have to bring that into play . Now lets hammer the Ducks tomorrow.

Reactions: wraithsonwings

AnonoJet

Jul 22, 2013
Why is this loss an example of crumbling when it matters most but the win on Monday isn't an example of the team firing on all cylinders?
It was an example of them firing on all cylinders. Against a lesser team. And to repeat, I’m not basing this on one game. We got destroyed in Dallas. We got destroyed in Vancouver. They were not even competitive. Feels very familiar to me.

Reactions: hn777

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
I gotta say I was pissed last night. Turned it off after the third goal to try and salvage the rest of my night.

The Preds are rolling, one of the best teams over the past few months after a rocky start.

You can tell they wanted it way more. I know people think that 1st in the Central should be all the motivation the Jets need but I don't think it equals just fighting for a playoff spot which is what the Preds are doing.

Teams are giving the Jets their best and if we aren't engaged this is what happens.

At the end of the day, seeding in the west doesn't mean much other than home ice advantage. The Jets are going to have to beat some very strong teams if they want to go far in the playoffs.

Time will tell if they have the fight and battle level they need in the playoffs but we won't know until the playoffs.

A lot has to go right to win it all and I'm just going to sit back and enjoy it.

Regular season is what it is, it's hard to get up for every game.
The jets will play a great team where ever they seed.
Seeding probably
Only matter to Chipman so he can get the extra home revenue.

Finish first? Means Vegas Nashville or LA (probably) all of them pretty good.
Finish 2nd or 3rd? Means Dallas or Colorado. Who ever doesn’t win the division.

The west is going to be a bloodbath to even get out of the first round this year….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad