Post-Game Talk: Predators 4 - Jets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I feel like we have a team that will win 2, maybe 3 games in the post season but not the all-important 4th. In other words, I figure we're getting 6 or perhaps 7 playoff games, but sadly not 8 or more. That's not science or anything. Just my feeling. Hopefully I'm dead wrong...

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
So you would leave Connor off the first PP? That makes no sense. One of the only things KC is good at is scoring goals. If you don't put him in the best situations to do that (like top PP minutes) your taking away pretty much half of his game.
Switch him with Ehlers.

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
To put the Jets' ranking on this table into context, they have collected more points since 1 January than Wild, Blues, Kings, Godlen Knights

Tied with Predatorsand Rangers for # of points since 1 Jan. 1 point less than Avalanche (same number of games), 2 points less than Stars (2 fewer games played by Jets).

So while it's not good that Jets have definitely not been playing as well in the new year, we seem to be keeping pace with teams that are around the Jets in the standings and still in the hunt for first in Central.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
I must be one of the few who does not care where the Jets end up in the standings. All I care about is a healthy roster.
I like starting on the road in the playoffs because there’s no pressure … also I noticed over the years teams fighting for that 1st place the winner usually relaxes because they got first and are bounced in the playoffs early usually by the team they beat out for 1st place if they don’t lose in the first round.

Snowboy

Oct 12, 2013
What I wrote earlier expands on this. It's very similar to the "based on one game" attitude.

Someone wrote that we had been beaten badly in 2 out of 3 games. They totally ignored that during same week we had played 3 games and shut out the other team in 2 of them.

I'm an optimistic, cheerful person by nature (even during my current job search) so I tend to laugh dismissively at grumpy, pessimistic sorts (even the Icon Sip) but sometimes I find myself wondering just how much effort you need to make to continually find the down side to everything. It must be exhausting (obligatory parenthetical comment not yet available) to be always predicting how badly the Jets will play.
I always look at the season win-loss record, preferring the longitudinal study. The proof is always in the pudding........right now we are wallowing in the pudding. No worries:thumbu:.

Reactions: Inanna

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com

Topics:

1) Status update of Mark Scheifele & Gabriel Vilardi?
2) Update on Vlad Namestnikov [;42)
3) Goalie plan tomorrow [;57)
4) Hoping for a good response from his club (1:00)
5) How did today help fix the inconsistencies? (1:40)
6) What does it look like when team is unhappy with a result (2:11)
7) What team looks like without Mark Scheifele (2:25)
8) What's the concern from him with this team? (3:37)
9) How does a consistent team become inconsistent? (5:03)
10) Plan B when the team doesn't have Plan A working (5:48)
11) What stands out about Mason Appleton's season? (6:54)
12) What's stood out about meetings vs Ducks? (8:00)
13) Will Gabriel Vilardi travel? (8:16)

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Van is 5-3-2 in last 10 for 12 points.
Dallas is 6-3-1 in last 10 for 13 points.
Jets are 6-4-0 in last 10 for 12 points.

Oilers are 7-2-1 in last 10 for 15 points.
I dont have time to respond on who's beaten who in the last ten... but the teams I listed off are beating good teams that we are currently not - Edmonton has been roasting awful teams and squeaking into OT against most everyone else

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
Man this Vilardi being injured is frustrating, so he won't be playing tomorrow and might also miss the next 5 games after that? He's only played 38 games this season out of 65 , damn.

As long as he's back for Game 1 and performs like Mark Stone in the playoffs, I'm fine with it. We all knew that he came with a "Fragile" tag, was hoping that injury issues were somewhat behind him though.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Having Gus and Iafallo on the first line and Perfetti on the fourth is certainly a choice.

Also, it seems that the best thing that could happen to the team is a 30-game suspension for Lowry. The lineup is broken in more than one way, and Bowness is hanging on to his freaking third line, no matter the cost. WTF? Break it up and try something different.
Lowry hasnt been super productive, but this is a bit much. Our bottom 6 as a whole for sure needs to be much better.

As long as he's back for Game 1 and performs like Mark Stone in the playoffs, I'm fine with it. We all knew that he came with a "Fragile" tag, was hoping that injury issues were somewhat behind him though.
They are behind him.... It's usually been his back

• Haha
Reactions: SLAYER

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
One thing that frustrated me yesterday ref wise, why did they review the Iafallo goal? They came to the consensus that it was a good goal on the ice, then they reviewed it without a challenge by Nashville. If they want to challenge it give them the opportunity to, took away a potential power play.

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Having Gus and Iafallo on the first line and Perfetti on the fourth is certainly a choice.

Also, it seems that the best thing that could happen to the team is a 30-game suspension for Lowry. The lineup is broken in more than one way, and Bowness is hanging on to his freaking third line, no matter the cost. WTF? Break it up and try something different.
Why such hate for Lowry?

He's played 65 games and has 31 points, that seems average for a third line centre in today's NHL, at least according to the "wisdom" of the HF main boards (which seemed to suggest 35 pts over 82 games is good; and apparently 24 5v5 pts is the threshold between 2nd/3rd line) -- I wasn't able to find anything else saying what is to be expected of third liners. But moreover, in addition to putting up modest points he's still good defensively and his line scores more often than it is scored upon.

Much-maligned Appleton has 30 points. El Niño has 33 points. I don't think our 3rd line is a problem.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
On a side note how was the game with your son @KingBogo ? Too bad the Jets didn't play well for you guys. Oh and do you have any money left after buying all night.:laugh:

Reactions: KingBogo

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I must be one of the few who does not care where the Jets end up in the standings. All I care about is a healthy roster.
I like starting on the road in the playoffs because there’s no pressure … also I noticed over the years teams fighting for that 1st place the winner usually relaxes because they got first and are bounced in the playoffs early usually by the team they beat out for 1st place if they don’t lose in the first round.
I agree with a lot of this.
First is that they make the playoffs. Second, make them playing a good game. Be healthy and where you finish in the standings are the 4 most important things, in order, in my opinion.
The Jets have shown that home advantage doesn't mean that much to them in the playoffs.
Finishing first overall is not that important at all, as far as I'm concerned.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
On a side note how was the game with your son @KingBogo ? Too bad the Jets didn't play well for you guys. Oh and do you have any money left after buying all night.:laugh:
It was a couple hundred touch including cab ride home on top of game tickets, but a lot of fun. I wouldn't trade having a good time with your child with much in this world.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Why such hate for Lowry?

He's played 65 games and has 31 points, that seems average for a third line centre in today's NHL, at least according to the "wisdom" of the HF main boards (which seemed to suggest 35 pts over 82 games is good; and apparently 24 5v5 pts is the threshold between 2nd/3rd line) -- I wasn't able to find anything else saying what is to be expected of third liners. But moreover, in addition to putting up modest points he's still good defensively and his line scores more often than it is scored upon.

Much-maligned Appleton has 30 points. El Niño has 33 points. I don't think our 3rd line is a problem.
The 3rd line isn't a problem but I would have played Nino in a different role during the injuries/illnesses to help bolster the top 6. I don't think you lose all that much by playing Iafallo in his spot. Lose some O and gain more D.
Also, our top 6 could have used some extra size.
I think Nino Names Ehlers would be a great liine and it would open up KFC, Ehlers, Tof and Volare to play with Scheif and Monahan.
This leaves you with Perfetti, Kup, Barron, and Gus among the black aces that every team needs in the playoffs.

Ehlers Scheif Volare
Nino Names Ehlers
KFC Monahan Tof
Iafallo Lowry Apples

Reactions: ERYX and DRW204

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
Why such hate for Lowry?

But Perfetti with 31 points playing less minutes every game than all three for the whole season is a problem?

The things you can call Lowry’s line a third line and their production for a third line is good, the problem is that they really are the second line in both ice time and deployment

The 3rd line isn't a problem but I would have played Nino in a different role during the injuries/illnesses to help bolster the top 6. I don't think you lose all that much by playing Iafallo in his spot. Lose some O and gain more D.
Also, our top 6 could have used some extra size.
I think Nino Names Ehlers would be a great liine and it would open up KFC, Ehlers, Tof and Volare to play with Scheif and Monahan.
This leaves you with Perfetti, Kup, Barron, and Gus among the black aces that every team needs in the playoffs.

Ehlers Scheif Volare
Nino Names Ehlers
KFC Monahan Tof
Iafallo Lowry Apples
So Ehlers is playing on two lines? I would assume you.mean Cole with Names and Nino?

I don’t mind this thought process on evening out the lines though.

Last edited:
Reactions: hn777

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Me too.

Reactions: Stumbledore

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
Ok. You are entitled to your opinion.
The evidence is mounting with their record vs playoff teams since Christmas being 4-8. I guess we will see how you respond when they lose round 1 in 4 straight.
I also hope I am wrong since I bought into them being a 'contender' although since the return of KFC something is amiss
If they lose in 4 straight I still won't have some defeated attitude, and I certainly won't have your "why even bother?!?!" BS attitude leading up to the Playoffs. Like I said - what a goofy way to approach life. You do you, boo.

Reactions: KingBogo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad