Post-Game Talk: Predators 4 - Jets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Full marks for the Preds they did not stop skating … out worked the jets on the boards, loose pucks and the face offs too. Even the face offs the Jets won the Preds came out with the puck with their hustle.
I’m starting to think the jets tend to relax too much with Helle in net. Maybe play LB every 3rd game.
Scheifele being out last minute played a big part too.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
It's like we owed the Kittens money

cute-cat-gangster-9ez0dc6saenaus6w.gif

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Agreed. It is like he is the bus driver and when he isn’t in the lineup we just wait around for him to return.
It always nice to have your #1 center in the lineup but that isn't why we lost this one -
We got out worked - they beat us to pucks all night and especially in our end - lots of chasing, not much catching.
We were sloppy in the N zone and we got caught flat footed a few times when they transitioned out of their zone and got behind our defenders -

The system the team can play and has won with, is centered around D first - and that is slipping.
Maybe it's because of the new additions - maybe the guys just want to have fun - or maybe it's just a slip and they need a reminder.
I'd rather have that back over having 55 in the lineup and playing a more offensive game. The Pred's were playing the same game we were playing a couple of months ago.

I think once they settle in with the new guys and Bones has a chance to get them reset, we'll be fine - but I hope they don't take too long in figuring out what they are really good at and get back to it.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
It always nice to have your #1 center in the lineup but that isn't why we lost this one -
We got out worked - they beat us to pucks all night and especially in our end - lots of chasing, not much catching.
We were sloppy in the N zone and we got caught flat footed a few times when they transitioned out of their zone and got behind our defenders -

The system the team can play and has won with, is centered around D first - and that is slipping.
Maybe it's because of the new additions - maybe the guys just want to have fun - or maybe it's just a slip and they need a reminder.
I'd rather have that back over having 55 in the lineup and playing a more offensive game. The Pred's were playing the same game we were playing a couple of months ago.

I think once they settle in with the new guys and Bones has a chance to get them reset, we'll be fine - but I hope they don't take too long in figuring out what they are really good at and get back to it.
That was kind of my point. We sag when Scheifele is out like we are waiting for him to return.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020

Six games before we play 10/11 of the last games of the season against the 'still good' part of the West.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Guess I WAS due for a loss while in attendance ...peeyoo that game sucked. I lost count how many times the Jets whiffed on the puck or couldn't complete a pass or couldnt clear the zone. Morrissey seemed very off, he's probably the next one sick.
Interesting point on Morrissey. He looked very off and I wouldn’t be surprised if he was the next player knocked out by whatever bug is running through the team.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
That was kind of my point. We sag when Scheifele is out like we are waiting for him to return.
Maybe - but I don't think it was just this game.
And I don't think 55 is driving the D first narrative -
Maybe they lose their way when he is out - if that is your point, I agree that could be part of it.

Reactions: GNP

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
Man oh man the Baron is gonna need a new pair of Asic kickers with all this on and off band wagon jumping. Me knees are getting worn out!

1 out 5 John McLanes via Special Agent Johnson (the Dumber one)

1710385837378.jpeg

Jesus Murphy I’m getting nervous as playoffs approach.

I blame illness fingers crossed.

Last edited:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Maybe - but I don't think it was just this game.
And I don't think 55 is driving the D first narrative -
Maybe they lose their way when he is out - if that is your point, I agree that could be part of it.
Just my perspective is that when 55 is out we seem to go through the motions. Not that he is the answer to winning I just think the team sags when he is out.

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
I always appreciate it when fans of other teams are honest in their forums when they play us. So I'll follow suit and say the Preds looked very good. Fast (not just speed but decisions), crisp, high pressure, hard on pucks. If they play like this every game, they're a scary team, and their recent hot record says maybe they are.

The Jets weren't at the top of their game today. But the Preds forced a lot of mistakes with their pressure, then capitalized on them quickly. It seemed like they always make something happen when they had the puck in our zone.

I, like others, will keep my fingers crossed that what we're seeing lately with the Jets is the lingering effects of the flu running through the room. I know people (albeit not atheletes) who have felt rough for a long time with this flu that is going around. Just because a Jet player is on the ice, doesn't mean he's 100% over it. If this flu hits other teams later while they're in the playoffs, that'll be bad news for them.

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
Just my perspective is that when 55 is out we seem to go through the motions. Not that he is the answer to winning I just think the team sags when he is out.
This is not about not having Scheif.
This is about a team that picks and chooses when to play the coaches system and they do not look like a playoff team. I am calling it now ...4 and done.

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
.895 won't cut it this point in the season, ahem!

Perfetan doesn't look like he belongs in the NHL!

Apples with a somewhat solid game!

Where was the pushback!
Not sure how you watch that game and again pick out Perfetti. Lots of guys were way were worse. I am not going to name names but if you look at underlying numbers his were amongst the best on the team and his game score was 4th best on the team tonight. You have decided one thing and no mater what you only see what you want and what you specifically look for. Watch the game and watch other players and all of their mistakes. It might open your eyes a bit.

.895 won't cut it this point in the season, ahem!

Perfetan doesn't look like he belongs in the NHL!

Apples with a somewhat solid game!

Where was the pushback!

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I think there is something to that for sure - our record without him certainly supports that point.
Do you see our system slipping? And if so, do you think it's because 55 is not in the lineup any given night?

Reactions: GNP

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I always appreciate it when fans of other teams are honest in their forums when they play us. So I'll follow suit and say the Preds looked very good. Fast (not just speed but decisions), crisp, high pressure, hard on pucks. If they play like this every game, they're a scary team, and their recent hot record says maybe they are.

The Jets weren't at the top of their game today. But the Preds forced a lot of mistakes with their pressure, then capitalized on them quickly. It seemed like they always make something happen when they had the puck in our zone.

I, like others, will keep my fingers crossed that what we're seeing lately with the Jets is the lingering effects of the flu running through the room. I know people (albeit not atheletes) who have felt rough for a long time with this flu that is going around. Just because a Jet player is on the ice, doesn't mean he's 100% over it. If this flu hits other teams later while they're in the playoffs, that'll be bad news for them.
They looked great and are going to be a handful for whoever has to play them in the first round (hopefully not the Jets)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad