Post-Game Talk: Predators 4 - Jets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
But Perfetti with 31 points playing less minutes every game than all three for the whole season is a problem?

The things you can call Lowry’s line a third line and their production for a third line is good, the problem is that they really are the second line in both ice time and deployment

So Ehlers is playing on two lines? I would assume you.mean Cole with Names and Nino?

I don’t mind this thought process on evening out the lines though.
Hint, the 3rd line does a f*** of a lot more than put the puck in the net.

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
Hint, the 3rd line does a f*** of a lot more than put the puck in the net.
Totally agree, my point was that they are the second line not the third and their production isn’t second line production. If they were played like a typical third line, then what they do and their production would be excellent. Anyway it doesn’t really matter. I like the line but I wouldn’t be so married to keeping them together.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
Totally agree, my point was that they are the second line not the third and their production isn’t second line production. If they were played like a typical third line, then what they do and their production would be excellent. Anyway it doesn’t really matter. I like the line but I wouldn’t be so married to keeping them together.

Nino is tied for 106th in 5v5 scoring for forwards. Lowry and Appleton are tied for 128th. That’s solidly in 2nd line production.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
So Ehlers is playing on two lines? I would assume you.mean Cole with Names and Nino?

I don’t mind this thought process on evening out the lines though.
Perfetti Scheif Volare 16 mins.
Nino Names Ehlers 15 mins.
KFC Monahan Tof 15 mins.
Iafallo Lowry Apples 14 mins.

Which line do they check? Scheif's? KC would love that.

Reactions: NA Hockey

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
So let’s do a quick recap of the last 24 hrs for the doom and gloom crowd after the Jets lost to the hottest team in the NHL without their #1 Center.
The first place teams in ALL 4 divisions lost.
Canucks blew a 3-0 lead.
Panthers got shutout 4-0
Stars lost to a non playoff team 6-2
Rangers lost to a wild card team 6-3
But here is the kicker … are you ready?
The 4 division leaders lost to teams where the Jets record against the 4 teams that beat the division leaders is 7-0.
That’s right 7-0.
Also the Jets record against ALL the division leaders is 5-3-1
So for those people who say the Jets won’t win a game in the playoffs … are you Jet fans or just like being negative?

Last edited:

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
If they lose in 4 straight I still won't have some defeated attitude, and I certainly won't have your "why even bother?!?!" BS attitude leading up to the Playoffs. Like I said - what a goofy way to approach life. You do you, boo.
Wow. Fellow jet fans should pump each other up. I have legitimate concerns based on their play since December against playoff teams. If you choose to see the glass half full that is great. I unfortunately see it as half empty and have 40 years as a hockey fan to back up my feeling.

So let’s do a quick recap of the last 24 hrs for the doom and gloom crowd after the Jets lost to the hottest team in the NHL without their #1 Center.
The first place teams in ALL 4 divisions lost.
Canucks blew a 3-0 lead.
Panthers got shutout 4-0
Stars lost to a non playoff team 6-2
Rangers lost to a wild card team 6-3
But here is the kicker … are you ready?
The 4 division leaders lost to teams where the Jets record against the 4 teams that beat the division leaders is 7-0.
For those people who say the Jets won’t win a game in the playoffs … are you Jet fans or just like being negative?
I truly appreciate you putting things in perspective but I still cannot shake the concern I have given how tough Dallas and Col play them.
Lets hope it all comes together for the white out.

Reactions: hn777

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
I truly appreciate you putting things in perspective but I still cannot shake the concern I have given how tough Dallas and Col play them.
Well you do know the Avs are 0-2 vs the Jets right?
Yes Dallas has beaten the Jets in every game but as Bones said the Jets never play their A game against them.
Pick any team and I can show you concerns about them. You don’t win the Cup during the season … let’s wait until the season ends and see who has the healthy team. Every team has had a losing streak and played some bad hockey during the season.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Wow. Fellow jet fans should pump each other up. I have legitimate concerns based on their play since December against playoff teams. If you choose to see the glass half full that is great. I unfortunately see it as half empty and have 40 years as a hockey fan to back up my feeling.

You need to get a bit of perspective about success against a team in regular season games vs in playoff games. For example in the 18-19 season, we owned St. Louis during the season, the season series was 3-1 Jets with a Blues spanking and the loss was 1-0. How did that turn out for us in the playoffs? You may as well throw the regular season results against a particular team out the window in the playoffs.

Of course Dallas would be a tough series, they are the best team in the Central, no denying that. So will Colorado. But what is the sense in being stressed the way you are about potentially playing either of them?

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
You can't have an $8 bucket of KFC on the third line. Better call them the 2nd line. Other than that it's perfect.

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
You need to get a bit of perspective about success against a team in regular season games vs in playoff games. For example in the 18-19 season, we owned St. Louis during the season, the season series was 3-1 Jets with a Blues spanking and the loss was 1-0. How did that turn out for us in the playoffs? You may as well throw the regular season results against a particular team out the window in the playoffs.

Of course Dallas would be a tough series, they are the best team in the Central, no denying that. So will Colorado. But what is the sense in being stressed the way you are about potentially playing either of them?
If you are not concerned about the way they are playing against playoff teams now then we are going to have too agree to disagree. They are not anywhere near playing the style or structure they have too to succeed in the playoffs
Hello KFC, Fly and Perfetti!

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
Well you do know the Avs are 0-2 vs the Jets right?
Yes Dallas has beaten the Jets in every game but as Bones said the Jets never play their A game against them.
Pick any team and I can show you concerns about them. You don’t win the Cup during the season … let’s wait until the season ends and see who has the healthy team. Every team has had a losing streak and played some bad hockey during the season.
I agree to a point and know the have beat the Av's twice but both teams are different now. My concern is the Jets team defence goes awol every second game.

Reactions: DRW204

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Agreed.
How much relevance do stats, records and whatnot have in the PO's. esp from early in the season, basically ~4 months ago. The Jets are a different team now vs December, and not in a good way imo.
I agree to a point and know the have beat the Av's twice but both teams are different now. My concern is the Jets team defence goes awol every second game.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Why such hate for Lowry?

He's played 65 games and has 31 points, that seems average for a third line centre in today's NHL, at least according to the "wisdom" of the HF main boards (which seemed to suggest 35 pts over 82 games is good; and apparently 24 5v5 pts is the threshold between 2nd/3rd line) -- I wasn't able to find anything else saying what is to be expected of third liners. But moreover, in addition to putting up modest points he's still good defensively and his line scores more often than it is scored upon.

Much-maligned Appleton has 30 points. El Niño has 33 points. I don't think our 3rd line is a problem.
Team balance, that's all. We need more mobility throughout the lineup, including demotions to players who absolutely don't deserve all of their minutes (Iafallo, Connor etc.) and promotions to players who perform better than their usage suggests (Ehlers, Barron, even Nino). But since that line isn't changing, we pretty much cannot change a thing. They play so much that the fourth liners don't get a chance to prove their worth to the team, which subsequently locks the top 6 in place too. Missing Lowry would likely be the only thing that changed this at this point.

If you're going to argue that the Lowry line is playing well, it's also worth remembering what it does to the rest of the lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad