OT: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500

Status
Not open for further replies.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
This day all started with the Union choking away a lead in the final minute. It was over before it started.

It was a good, unexpected, ride. Would certainly be different if anyone but Bryce hit over .200 for the post season, but that didn't happen. Know idea how they made it as far as they did with 8 dead weights in the lineup.

Schwarber isn't a high average guy but pretty much did his job with a 953 ops. But yeah, everyone else sucked.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Analytics should inform decisions, not make them. If it had been Sydegaard pitching that's one thing. But Wheeler is the team's ace, and he hadn't really been hit. If you can't trust that guy why do you trust anyone else?

The game hasn't really changed THAT much.

Wheeler at 100%? I don’t disagree but……

I don’t know what’s second guessing and what’s not, truthfully. The manager isn’t deciding alone, and it’s not like Wheeler wasn’t gasping for velocity in his last start. But a 3 run jack will obviously color perception versus a groundout. Maybe it was a no win. They can’t hit anyway.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
So what's the most realistic way to improve this team? Stuck with Castallenos, obviously Harper, JT, and Schwarber are back. Bohm likely back but taking up a position that could be improved unless they move him somewhere else...

Jean should be gone and Hoskins can be gone as well.

Seems tricky

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Wheeler at 100%? I don’t disagree but……

I don’t know what’s second guessing and what’s not, truthfully. The manager isn’t deciding alone, and it’s not like Wheeler wasn’t gasping for velocity in his last start. But a 3 run jack will obviously color perception versus a groundout. Maybe it was a no win. They can’t hit anyway.

This was the best he's looked since coming back. Looked to me like pre-injury Wheeler. I can't remember a hard-hit ball off him all night.

Reactions: Magua

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
depends on Bryce and his arm....if he can play the field that helps ..need some guys that can get on via average or walks

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
It’s been a fun post season.
While I have your attention, how hard is it for a batter that is super anal about their pre batting ritual like Harper is to adjust to retirement? Performing that ritual 3-4 times a game, 162 games a year, for years on end.
Does he do that ritual before he cuts his lawn? Flips burgers on the grill?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad