OT: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I'm not sure why some people expect top of the rotation guys to toss up 6+ scoreless innings every outing in the playoffs. Hits and runs are going to happen especially if a team is seeing a pitcher for the second time in a series.
This fanbase views everything through a football lens. Guys have to be consistently good every time out or they will hear about it.

Reactions: flyershockey

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I'm not sure why some people expect top of the rotation guys to toss up 6+ scoreless innings every outing in the playoffs. Hits and runs are going to happen especially if a team is seeing a pitcher for the second time in a series.

The Phillies had the opportunity with Framber last night. He was gettable at times. They just didn't get it done. Same with Verlander in game 5.
Look, I haven’t spent my summers watching every game during the dog days of summer over the last 11 years and I’m not alone in that but those people that are saying those things just haven’t realized that baseball has changed.

It’s no longer 2011 where you had Halladay throwing 9 CG and Lee with 6 (and 6 shutouts).

Pedro said earlier in the series he would have loved to pitch in today’s day in age with tracking pitches so that they could pull him at the right time.

They’ll catch up eventually but then again “back in my day I had to go to school in the snow up hill both ways!” So maybe not.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Look, I haven’t spent my summers watching every game during the dog days of summer over the last 11 years and I’m not alone in that but those people that are saying those things just haven’t realized that baseball has changed.

It’s no longer 2011 where you had Halladay throwing 9 CG and Lee with 6 (and 6 shutouts).

Pedro said earlier in the series he would have loved to pitch in today’s day in age with tracking pitches so that they could pull him at the right time.

They’ll catch up eventually but then again “back in my day I had to go to school in the snow up hill both ways!” So maybe not.

And there were hungry wolves prowling! Don't forget about the wolves!

Reactions: Hollywood Cannon

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
No pitcher this world series pitched 7 innings. Javier could have and Framber went into the 7th game 2. last year Fried was the only pitcher to go 6 innings.

Reactions: Fire Tortorella

orangey

perpetual mediocrity
Aug 9, 2008
Internet
Disappointing but it was still a good run. The better team won and that's how it usually goes in a 7 game series.

Not sure where this team goes from here but they have some decision to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad