OT: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I get score updates on my phone and always forget the Phillies are on because they rarely score early...or in this case at all.

Reactions: Flybynite

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018

He's not on the 40-man roster, but the COVID IL allows for players not on the 40-man to be called up temporarily. I guess if he gets into a game and looks good they could look to make a 40-man move to have him up longer.

Reactions: montreal

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Phillies have a great group of pitching prospects at Jersey Shore.
McGarry, Abel, Painter and don't overlook Ben Brown, 30th pick out of HS, had TJ surgery, now is finally back, like the other guys, big body kid (6'6 230) with velo,

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
It's broken! Does this mean reality is finally going to set in that this team is nothing short of mediocre once again?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It's a shame, because with the bullpen settling down, they could make some noise.
But without Segura and Harper, that lineup gets thin quickly.
Though Realmuto is finally discovering his power stroke, they'll need him and Bohm to step up.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
One of the things I kept reading when they signed Castellanos is that when he gets hot, he can carry a team. Well if thats true, theyll need that from him in July.

Reactions: SnS

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
how long is harper out?
I think best case is probably a month. I think it tends to be like a 4-6 week thing. Obviously the 'severity' and location of break matters. He's probably helped by that he was DHing anyway so doesn't actually have to put a glove on the hand and go field.

So I think absolute best case would probably be 4 weeks, coupled with the all-star break leading to losing Harper for around 21 games if it was 4 weeks. It ends up being 6 weeks or longer you're tacking on like 6 games for each additional week obviously. So 6 weeks would be like 33 games.

Reactions: Diaper Mask Bandits

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Thanks, Boob
Yea. If it was like ANY other baseball reporter I might actually be willing to buy into it... That guy's a moron.

but relistically none of the 'big salaries' actually go up much next year. Harper same, Wheeler $1.5m less, Realmuto same, Castellanos same, Schwarber $1.0m more.

Hoskins is at $7.7m and would be final arb year so likely would hit the teens. Segura is $14.85m and has a $17m option that can be declined ($1m buyout). Nola has a team option for $16m so $0.5m more than this year.

If you look at subtracting Didi+Segura that's almost $30m right there. Replacing Didi/Segura/Stott with Trea Turner/Stott is a substantial upgrade.

I would actually wonder if they might have Schwarber or Castellanos start practicing some 1B and plan on either letting Hoskins go this year or just next year after he becomes a FA.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
would be..interesting

as for Harper..can't get any sort of real answer..seeing anywhere from 4 weeks to 2 months
He's getting surgery, but still no time frame

Reactions: trostol
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: