OT: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
I gave up nerding on Phillies prospects. Feels like forever since any turned out to be much of anything
I member when I borrowed my friend's iPhone in highschool to find out who we gave up in the Doc trade. I was kind of upset that it includes Drabek. Man those were the times. Drabek and Dom Brown.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
I haven't seen Phils playoff baseball in an eternity, and I got competitive baseball until November 5th. It's just hard for me to be too upset about a team way overachieving and giving me actual hope. It could be decades before they're back here, you never know. It would be nice to see a playoff streak start though.
You should start beating the table for Mike Trout to Philly back issues and all.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
It was a fun run. We get to raise another blue pennant in CBP next year, which is a hell of a lot better than any of us thought even a month ago.

But.... Sigh. Houston is a very good team, but we got exposed a lot this week. There are some big gaps that need to be shorn up this winter, and shockingly, bullpen seems to be the least of the worries.

We're not far off from being elite, but we aren't there yet. Very much punched above our weight class to get to the WS. Need more consistent bats, need more patient bats and probably need another starter to help reduce season long workload for Nola and Wheeler.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
It was a fun run. We get to raise another blue pennant in CBP next year, which is a hell of a lot better than any of us thought even a month ago.

But.... Sigh. Houston is a very good team, but we got exposed a lot this week. There are some big gaps that need to be shorn up this winter, and shockingly, bullpen seems to be the least of the worries.

We're not far off from being elite, but we aren't there yet. Very much punched above our weight class to get to the WS. Need more consistent bats, need more patient bats and probably need another starter to help reduce season long workload for Nola and Wheeler.
It’s already raised. I was surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad