South Jersey
DD226302-A418-4B8C-ADD7-39A8ED8CB2B7.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: BiggE

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I hope Mattress Mack gets in trouble with the IRS.

Alvarado just had to do his jorb. Then turn it over to Seranthony, the only guy in that pen I trust with my life.
What was Wheeler's job?

The problem with this team is, other then Harper, no one can be the Guy. Any time there's a pressure situation like this, they collapse. Wheeler after the Schwarber homer, Alvarado after Wheeler gets in trouble, Marsh with a chance to tie it in game 5, any batter with a runner in scoring position this series....the Pennant was won because players came through for 3 weeks. Other than Bryce and to an extent Wheeler, no one came through consistently all season. And they reverted back to that this week

Trea Turner should fix it

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Rob over-managed that one. Wheeler is your ace. He gets leeway to work out of it, even in game 6. He's your best option there.
and EVEN if you were going to pull him. You don't turn to the pitcher who this series has already shit the bed with runners on base. Who quite often is WILD and was probably the most likely pitcher on the staff to throw a wild pitch and score that runner on third anyway.

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
Tide at LSU is good alternative

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Alvarado has been their go to lefty reliever. That’s just their bullpen construction. I think leaving in Wheeler and going to Alvarado against Alvarez could’ve both worked out. It’s the 6th inning in an elimination game and everyone has a short leash these days……I don’t know. Wheeler has clearly been dealing with something too.

The Phillies being totally unable to get a momentum, game ending inning of their own since game 3 has killed them. Game 5, they had the chance to do exactly what Houston did just now multiple times. There’s no leeway.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
What was Wheeler's job?

The problem with this team is, other then Harper, no one can be the Guy. Any time there's a pressure situation like this, they collapse. Wheeler after the Schwarber homer, Alvarado after Wheeler gets in trouble, Marsh with a chance to tie it in game 5, any batter with a runner in scoring position this series....the Pennant was won because players came through for 3 weeks. Other than Bryce and to an extent Wheeler, no one came through consistently all season. And they reverted back to that this week

Trea Turner should fix it

Can Stott play somewhere else? He seems like a good ballplayer.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
The next three are going to be like water torture.

Just let it end quick so I can switch to LSU/Bama on the main TV and root for the right ending in the world.

Also, f*** the Astros. I hate those cheating twats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad