OT: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500

Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
It all starts with a dude who can't hit leaning into a pitch where he's already basically standing in the strike zone. Garbage.
All starts with running 3 balls inside on a dude that can't hit where's already basically standing in the strike zone.

Under no circumstances do you risk hitting him. Dumb pitching

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I'm not going to crap on Maldonado. I showed my sister a 10 minutes compilation of Utley never moving and basically getting hit by pitches. He didn't have an elbow guard though. Only difference.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I would have kept Wheeler in. Only one hitting him was already on base.

But, it's a numbers game now... and the analytics probably said to pull Wheeler there.
Analytics should inform decisions, not make them. If it had been Sydegaard pitching that's one thing. But Wheeler is the team's ace, and he hadn't really been hit. If you can't trust that guy why do you trust anyone else?

The game hasn't really changed THAT much.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
This day all started with the Union choking away a lead in the final minute. It was over before it started.

It was a good, unexpected, ride. Would certainly be different if anyone but Bryce hit over .200 for the post season, but that didn't happen. Know idea how they made it as far as they did with 8 dead weights in the lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad