Player Discussion Peter Cehlarik

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
i had this conversation about Heinen/Chelarik the other day.

The biggest difference to me is how around the puck Chelarik is as opposed to Heinen was in his 8 games. Yes I understand he's missed some great chances but the fact that he is getting those chances night in and out is a good sign. Eventually it will come and you just hope it comes in bunches.

Think he has complimented the line well and him and Pasta have certainly got DK going as he looks really good in the last 10 or so.

I'm not even talking about Heinen. When he started the season in Boston, he wasn't ready. That spot may well have gone to Cehlarik back then, but he got hurt. He's played Ok, just not sure I want him in the Top 6 down the stretch.

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
I agree that there doesn't really need to be a discussion about demoting Cehlarik right now, but if you had to pick: is he playing with Krejci and Pastrnak in the first game of the playoffs (if applicable)? Yes or no. I hope it's a yes, but I'm not sure.

If the current trend continues, I would say yes. He fits with Krejci/Pastrnak and that line is not a liability defensively. I would worry a little bit (without having seen it yet) about putting him with Vatrano-Spooner. Could that line have trouble getting the puck out?

Getting Stafford was such a great move. He could definitely spot Cehlarik as LW with Krejci-Pastrnak. Beleskey could be a fit as well and has experience playing with Krejci.

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston
If the current trend continues, I would say yes. He fits with Krejci/Pastrnak and that line is not a liability defensively. I would worry a little bit (without having seen it yet) about putting him with Vatrano-Spooner. Could that line have trouble getting the puck out?

Getting Stafford was such a great move. He could definitely spot Cehlarik as LW with Krejci-Pastrnak. Beleskey could be a fit as well and has experience playing with Krejci.

If Claude were here, I'd put money on Beleskey getting his 2LW spot back.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006

I'd have to see Cehlarik struggle a lot more before I even contemplate this option.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Swapping Vatrano with Cehlarik is also an option if things get stale. You keep Stafford with the 3rd line for reliability defensively if that's a concern.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
I agree that there doesn't really need to be a discussion about demoting Cehlarik right now, but if you had to pick: is he playing with Krejci and Pastrnak in the first game of the playoffs (if applicable)? Yes or no. I hope it's a yes, but I'm not sure.

I would say no if it were tomorrow. I'd be giving Stafford a look-off wing or not.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Swapping Vatrano with Cehlarik is also an option if things get stale. You keep Stafford with the 3rd line for reliability defensively if that's a concern.

I think I've heard more bad reports about Stafford defensively than good ones. Not sure how that would play into decisions about where he slots assuming some tweaks become necessary.

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site

It's a great thing to have all these options.

Cehlarik for now.. that would be who I would want to succeed the most. I think he will.

Barring injury or failure, I would insert Beleskey first, assuming that Vatrano-Spooner-Stafford is clicking. Beleskey is a former 20-goal scorer and has scored playoff goals, plus he's spent time on Krejci's wing.

Just an aside, can you imagine if both Beleskey and Hayes found their respective touches again? That's 2 former 20(ish) goal scorers in the pressbox. That could be a very deep lineup if everyone is really firing on all cylinders.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Eh I didn't think cehlarik was good but I thought Krejci was abysmal tonight

Krejci has been much better lately so imagine it's just a 1 game thing.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Would like to see Debrusk get his shot on the Krejci line, at the least he brings more speed.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
His Centerman is sucking ,not helping his game that's for sure.

Krejci wasn`t good but he had nothing to do with the way Cehlarik handled the puck and made poor decisions last night

I still really like this guy and for a rookie, nights like this will happen but let`s call it like it is, DK had nothing to do with PC `s play

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Seemed like all the young guys struggled tonight, need these guys to produce on Wednesday

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
hes not getting points but he does a lot of good thing offensively.
Shouldve held onto the puck longer and went backhand last nite though. Had a lot of time there.

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
Bruins win, young guys are great, Bruins lose ship them to providence.

The purpose of this season to allow these guys to develop. Playoffs is gravy but the meat is development right now

tremha

Mar 9, 2011
Krejci wasn`t good but he had nothing to do with the way Cehlarik handled the puck and made poor decisions last night

I still really like this guy and for a rookie, nights like this will happen but let`s call it like it is, DK had nothing to do with PC `s play

his mistake seems to be forcing a pass that is leading to a turnover rather than accepting there isn't a play to be made at the blue line and dumping it in.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00