Player Discussion Peter Cehlarik

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
his mistake seems to be forcing a pass that is leading to a turnover rather than accepting there isn't a play to be made at the blue line and dumping it in.

he played like all of the B`s did with the exception of maybe Marchand and Bergy, poorly, slow to make puck decisions

Sens are a pain in the arse to play against, especially in the neutral zone where Boucher clearly instructs his teams to hang out, make a cup of coffee and sit there waiting for the opponents

On the flip side, I didn`t think Cassidy adjusted well to that game plan, when I see a trap team, I`ve always felt pretty much the only way to beat that trap is with speed. Players using the trap are often stationary and the B`s tried to pass their way through it rather than skate their way through it.

The only two guys who forced the play were Krug and C Miller with some decent speed coming through the neutral zone which essentially eliminated the effectiveness of that trap

I would have had a few of the B`s quicker players come back deeper for the puck and try to skate their way through it but I`m just a jackwagon sitting on his arse at home, what do I know?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Cehalrik out.

Stafford in his spot.

Hayes on Line 3.

Personally, I probably would have gone with Cehlarik on the 3rd line, but a night off isn't going to kill him, and could do some good.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Cehalrik out.

Stafford in his spot.

Hayes on Line 3.

Personally, I probably would have gone with Cehlarik on the 3rd line, but a night off isn't going to kill him, and could do some good.

With you here. Assuming this is a chance for him to watch from above, I like this. Have to admit though he's shown me quite a bit in terms of skill at this level. Given our situation as a rebuilding team with a coach supposedly expected to bring on the kids, I'd like to see him back in there asap.

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
I personally don't like sitting him but I do agree with Daze a night upstairs wont kill him . To me personally outside of the last game when d.k had a bad game as well he has looked very good individually and great on this line . I am going to have to see far far more from Stafford until im ready to replace him fulltime on this line .

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
I'm sad that Cehlarik appears to have played himself out of the lineup for now. He probably will get another chance.. Hope that the production will come and he'll gain more confidence..

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Cehalrik out.

Stafford in his spot.

Hayes on Line 3.

As long as the Bruins win, I don't care who plays.

I have more faith that Cehlarik can make a play that helps the team win than Hayes tough...

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
He is only 21. He saw some action, he already know, what to do, if he want to stay in NHL.
Personally, i was surprised, that he was called up this season. I thought, he will be there next season. Lets wait, what he will show in 2018/2019. That is, in my opinion, the time, when he should take a spot in the starting line-up for the Bruins.

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
I would say "timid" .. he had his usual smart heady plays and takeaways.. but then there were times when he gets the puck he panics and tries to get rid of it as quick as he can.. he looked so much better with pasta and krejci.. i really like those three together. put him with skilled players for him to flourish . he only played there like seven games..hes def. not suited for a 4th line role

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I would say "timid" .. he had his usual smart heady plays and takeaways.. but then there were times when he gets the puck he panics and tries to get rid of it as quick as he can.. he looked so much better with pasta and krejci.. i really like those three together. put him with skilled players for him to flourish . he only played there like seven games..hes def. not suited for a 4th line role

Look at his linemates last night...look at DK and Pasta. Anyone playing with them is going to look better.

That being said, I was not disappointed in his play at all. I would like to see him work his way back up the lineup, but he showed me some versatility last night on the 4th line. He was strong on the puck and didn't shy away from the corners or boards. The goal he was on the ice for, I blame more on Hayes and Moore for standing there and not getting back.

Personally, I would prefer to see a more skilled 4th line anyway with all the prospects the B's have.

Something like a:

DeBrusk-Heinen/Kuraly-Cehlarik

Would be great IMO.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Look at his linemates last night...look at DK and Pasta. Anyone playing with them is going to look better.

That being said, I was not disappointed in his play at all. I would like to see him work his way back up the lineup, but he showed me some versatility last night on the 4th line. He was strong on the puck and didn't shy away from the corners or boards. The goal he was on the ice for, I blame more on Hayes and Moore for standing there and not getting back.

Personally, I would prefer to see a more skilled 4th line anyway with all the prospects the B's have.

Something like a:

DeBrusk-Heinen/Kuraly-Cehlarik

Would be great IMO.

Never understood why the forth line has to be a checking line. Waste of ice time. Let the

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
one thing I do like that Cassidy does is he doesn't mind changing things up if things aren't working unlike clode. For example last night he started Stafford on a line with krejci and pasta but after the first period he switched it up and tried vatrano there for a while and even tried beleskey there for a while. Cehlerek also had perhaps 2 shifts with krejci . Cassidy was trying to see which left winger was going. Something I like is he tries different combinations. Even the defense pairs changed when they were behind in the game and they needed a goal.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
in my opinion if you are gonna be dressing cehlarik, he should be on the krejci line. He's looked good there.

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
one thing I do like that Cassidy does is he doesn't mind changing things up if things aren't working unlike clode. For example last night he started Stafford on a line with krejci and pasta but after the first period he switched it up and tried vatrano there for a while and even tried beleskey there for a while. Cehlerek also had perhaps 2 shifts with krejci . Cassidy was trying to see which left winger was going. Something I like is he tries different combinations. Even the defense pairs changed when they were behind in the game and they needed a goal.

I don't disagree with this but what I like even more is he is willing to change who he dresses even when winning. It is usually between guys I think are pretty interchangeable and heck on back to back the fresher legs might help.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
in my opinion if you are gonna be dressing cehlarik, he should be on the krejci line. He's looked good there.

I would have liked to,see him on that line again,not sure Cassdy should have given up on that line already,just not sure what the fasination is with Hayes getting on the third line.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Anyone else seeing the difference without a skilled Cehlarik on the Krejci Pasta line? Beleskey? Vatrano, what next Hayes - Yikes! Not rocket science to determine the bruins/that line were much more effective with Cehlarik playing wing.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Anyone else seeing the difference without a skilled Cehlarik on the Krejci Pasta line? Beleskey? Vatrano, what next Hayes - Yikes! Not rocket science to determine the bruins/that line were much more effective with Cehlarik playing wing.

Should be Stafford.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
A combo of Strafford / Cehlarik would work.

For Tampa Bay, I'd actually call up DeBrusk. Playing better than Cehlarik in Providence right now, harder on the puck, gets to the front of the net. Not a long-term solution, but for a game, he might provide a jolt.

Also need to sub out C. Miller for Liles next game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad