Player Discussion Peter Cehlarik

The Zapper

Dec 22, 2015
He better start producing or else it's time to put someone else on that line, this is our #2 line, not our 4th and we need production especially with the glorious chances he is getting.

Yeah let's break up the lines that are clicking because he hasn't buried one yet in his first 8 NHL games.

bruinshoper

Sponsor
Jan 20, 2011
Yep just leave things the way they are,the goals will come.

Not to mention the fact that he did score a beauty goal that was disallowed. I think he is playing fantastic.....far better than I expected. He's not hurting the team, that's for sure. The points will come.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Yeah let's break up the lines that are clicking because he hasn't buried one yet in his first 8 NHL games.

I get it, we are winning, so all is great. Just saying that if we start losing some games and this guy is still putting up zeroes, something will need to be done. For the record, I like how the kid is playing, just not his results. Kind of reminds me of Brett Connolly from last year, kid had a zillion great chances, only buried a few though and was let go after the end of the season.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
I get it, we are winning, so all is great. Just saying that if we start losing some games and this guy is still putting up zeroes, something will need to be done. For the record, I like how the kid is playing, just not his results. Kind of reminds me of Brett Connolly from last year, kid had a zillion great chances, only buried a few though and was let go after the end of the season.

I agree,the points must come,he's getting minutes with 2 top players.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I agree,the points must come,he's getting minutes with 2 top players.

He is playing with two extremely creative guys, is supposedly a scorer, but has yet to score vs Top 6 competition.

I don't understand the resistance to sliding Stafford into that 2nd line LW spot and moving Cehlarik back to the 3rd line RW spot (which I believe is his natural position). He will still be with creative offensive players, but facing lesser competition, which might help him break through on the scoring sheet.

Beantown1616

Jul 14, 2016
He is playing with two extremely creative guys, is supposedly a scorer, but has yet to score vs Top 6 competition.

I don't understand the resistance to sliding Stafford into that 2nd line LW spot and moving Cehlarik back to the 3rd line RW spot (which I believe is his natural position). He will still be with creative offensive players, but facing lesser competition, which might help him break through on the scoring sheet.

The team is winning, why fix what isn't broken? Kid is getting scoring changes, the points will come.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
He has had a legit goal called back on a cheezy offside, has hit the post a few times and has set up his linemates for glorious chances. Plus, the 2nd line is playing very well with him on it. Not sure why we are breaking up the 2nd line just for the sake of breaking up the 2nd line.

Aren't we 7-2 with him in the line-up?

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
He isn't a real top 6 player right now.

His one on one skills leave me skeptical he ever will be one.

BUT, he has good chemistry with Krejci and Pasta and his style of play (bigger guy with good hands) fits well with those two. He is getting chances and setting them up. The points will come and I think he will be adequate in that spot.

BUT, is that a spot that is upgradable in the offseason? 100%.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
He has had a legit goal called back on a cheezy offside, has hit the post a few times and has set up his linemates for glorious chances. Plus, the 2nd line is playing very well with him on it. Not sure why we are breaking up the 2nd line just for the sake of breaking up the 2nd line.

Aren't we 7-2 with him in the line-up?

9 games, 14:32 TOI...

0g/2a

Even if you want to give him credit for a goal he didn't get that projects to 9g/18a for a full season for someone playing Top 6 minutes with two gifted linemates.

The B's 3rd line LW is Frank Vatrano. By comparison his numbers over that same stretch:

9 games, 14:05 TOI...

4g/4a

FYI...another B's player has 0g/2a (with 9:42 TOI) in his last 9 games and the team is also 7-2...Jimmy Hayes.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I really don't give a **** what the stat sheet says after 9 games. That sample isn't significant, not even a little bit

The eye test says he helps that line get chances and has been a little snake bit himself. He's been more than fine

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Love it when things are going well and we find weird things to complain about.

Cehlarik has been playing very well, and the 2nd line looks great, and as was already pointed out, we are 7-2 with him in the lineup. Can't figure any reason we don't keep things as they are.

I actually came here to post that I thought the kid had another great game last night, and just missed another chance to pot his first goal.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
9 games, 14:32 TOI...

0g/2a

Even if you want to give him credit for a goal he didn't get that projects to 9g/18a for a full season for someone playing Top 6 minutes with two gifted linemates.

The B's 3rd line LW is Frank Vatrano. By comparison his numbers over that same stretch:

9 games, 14:05 TOI...

4g/4a

FYI...another B's player has 0g/2a (with 9:42 TOI) in his last 9 games and the team is also 7-2...Jimmy Hayes.

Cehlarik is also only 9 games into his NHL career. With the way he's played and the chemistry he's shown with the other two on his line, he could very easily be a PPG guy right now. Some puck luck and good goaltending has kept him from picking up more numbers, but at this stage in his career, we should be focusing more on his play rather than his stats IMO.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Cehlarik is also only 9 games into his NHL career. With the way he's played and the chemistry he's shown with the other two on his line, he could very easily be a PPG guy right now. Some puck luck and good goaltending has kept him from picking up more numbers, but at this stage in his career, we should be focusing more on his play rather than his stats IMO.

I like the way he plays. Takes up space along boards and gets chances plus has great vision.I agree with you about last part of your post about his play

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Weird that there are such split views on the guy, I think he's played great and could easily have 3/4 more points with even a little bit of puck luck from him or DK/Pasta. Not worried about a line that is playing great together at all.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Weird that there are such split views on the guy, I think he's played great and could easily have 3/4 more points with even a little bit of puck luck from him or DK/Pasta. Not worried about a line that is playing great together at all.

Yup. AND HE LOOKED GREAT VS HABS TOO :sarcasm:

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I'm a Bruins fan, I want the team to do well, but as I have mentioned before, I find it odd the way that certain players are treated in relation to others.

Last 9 games:

Pasta - 2g/6a
Krejci - 3G/5a
Cehlarik - 0g/2a

Backes - 1g/5a
Bergeron - 2g/7a
Marchand - 5g/5a

Hayes/Stafford - 0g/3a
Spooner - 3g/4a
Vatrano - 4g/4a

Hayes is pretty much universally bashed, while almost everyone says Cehlarik is playing well. The fact of the matter is that the members of the 3rd line (that included Hayes) scored the same number of points as the 2nd line players, in less TOI.

I'm not saying that Cehlarik should be sent down or benched. However, the idea that he's "untouchable" on that 2nd line when he's not producing is beyond ridiculous to me. Regardless of the B's record, they are in a dogfight for a playoff spot and should always be looking for ways to improve.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

I like Cehlarik and think he's been playing pretty well, but there are people here treating him like a sacred cow when he has the same number of points as B's resident leper, Jimmy Hayes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad