Patrik Laine and first two NHL playoff games

Gurilla

former goal scorer
Jan 28, 2015
Winnipeg
"Easiest route to the conference finals"

Well, when you finish second place in the league there's not many teams better than you. The one that is we'll likely be seeing in the second round.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
He has a career 11.2 shooting % and put up 17.4% this year. It's clear to everyone that while he had a great season, he was very lucky and will not reproduce that again. The Jets are feasting on arguably the easiest first round opponent (outside of Philly) this year.

Good for them, good for Laine. I watched both games and they have been clearly the better team. All I said was before we go proclaiming Laine the greatest ever like many have been doing, let's see him and the Jets do it against a team with a chance at the cup.

Every team that qualifies for the playoffs has a chance at the Cup, especially a team that finished 8th overall who happens to have a goaltender that can steal games on any given night.

It’s not only the top seeds from each division that have a legitimate chance.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Easiest route to the finals? Round 1 maybe, definitely not for sure. Round 2 we have to take on Nashville, arguably the most complete team in the entire league. Which I'm thinking would make handy work of pretty much any Eastern Team other than Pittsburgh. And even then I'm not sure this years version of Pittsburgh is capable of taking on this years version of Nashville in a series. If we make it out of the first round we are facing easily the most complete team top to bottom in the 2nd round.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
He's very good.

Too bad fans of his can't have a discussion solely about him without bringing up 34. Insecure much?

Happy to see he's played well though when the games get tighter, he's had two great snips. Really don't wanna see Winnipeg win, but it's hard not to cheer for Laine.

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
I both loved and hated the violin thing. Like you said, it's great to see a guy throw some smack around and back it up but DON'T GIVE THE WILD CORK BOARD MATERIAL!
Agree. I don't like all of his comments or the violin thing to it's fullest either. There's really a fine line with this stuff. There's a whole lot of time to do his violin thing after the goal, so maybe not in front of their bench.

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
It's just too bad Suter isn't playing to give a bit more of a challenge. Next round should cover that though.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
20 year old Leafs fans talking about team history that they wern't alive for are the new versions of young conservatives talking about American pride like they were around for WW2
So much wrong with this post

-im not 20
-im not a Leafs fan
-aint nothing wrong with young Conservatives loving America because of ww2 because everyone should love freedom and liberty. GOD BLESS AMERICA

Reactions: larmex99

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Also the things he does and says. Playing the violin in front of a Wild bench towards his own, he gives no ****. And it's like nobody even cares because of the boss he is.

And he backs up his comments. Time after time.
Also, the dude is physically huge and the Wild really can't handle him. He's just shrugging off the Wild defenders. Imagine when he is even bigger and stronger.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
incredulous.gif

The belief around here is often that Leafs fans bring Matthews up into Laine threads. Well, here are two non-Leafs fans bringing up Matthews in a Laine thread.

And we're good with having Matthews, thank you.

Exactly, we get blamed for a couple of boobs stirring up trouble with dumb statements and don't stick to a topic

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Wild aren't a very good team?

Leafs ended at 7th OA and 105 points

Wild ended 8th OA and 101 points, Wild had amongst the fewest regulation losses in the NHL this year. Sure they are missing Suter their #1D but the Jets are also missing their #4D and #6D this post season and are forced to play our 8th & 9th dmen which is also a huge lose (and top 9 forward MP now). Wild are far from a "not a very good team" unless you also would consider the Leafs a not a very good team. Wild are a very good defensive and gritty team with a very good goalie.

I will agree the Preds are the best team in the NHL and will be a massive test to the Jets if both teams make to the 2nd round.

Did you just compare missing a #1 D to missing a 4th and 6th defenceman...wow just wow.

Gurilla

former goal scorer
Jan 28, 2015
Winnipeg
He's very good.

Too bad fans of his can't have a discussion solely about him without bringing up 34. Insecure much?

Happy to see he's played well though when the games get tighter, he's had two great snips. Really don't wanna see Winnipeg win, but it's hard not to cheer for Laine.

Never got this argument. Jets were taking whoever the Leafs didn't in the draft, we had no control of who we were getting. How could we be insecure? If Matthews end up the better player - good for him he was picked first, if Laine ends up better then who else but the team that passed on him can be in position to feel insecure?

If anything what you've been getting is trolling cause people just naturally like to tease Leafs fans.

TheJadePipe

Mar 8, 2016
He has a career 11.2 shooting % and put up 17.4% this year. It's clear to everyone that while he had a great season, he was very lucky and will not reproduce that again. The Jets are feasting on arguably the easiest first round opponent (outside of Philly) this year.

Good for them, good for Laine. I watched both games and they have been clearly the better team. All I said was before we go proclaiming Laine the greatest ever like many have been doing, let's see him and the Jets do it against a team with a chance at the cup.
IF they were facing the easiest team, which they are not, it is because they deserve to. They finished with 2nd most points in the entire league while playing in the hardest conference. As a matter of fact they did so well that they earned more points in a single year than let’s say..... TML have in thier entire EXISTENCE.

ediger

Jan 28, 2013
Winnipeg
incredulous.gif

The belief around here is often that Leafs fans bring Matthews up into Laine threads. Well, here are two non-Leafs fans bringing up Matthews in a Laine thread.

And we're good with having Matthews, thank you.

Let each team just be happy with their guy. After their rookie seasons it doesn’t matter to me. Both fantastic players. Why always the pissing match? Move on.

You guys are too easy...

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
elite sniper scores goals during game. Super surprising.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
also i hope it was a mocking violin move. i like players with a little moxy.

nhlfan1991

Apr 14, 2014
Wild aren't a very good team?

Leafs ended at 7th OA and 105 points

Wild ended 8th OA and 101 points, Wild had amongst the fewest regulation losses in the NHL this year. Sure they are missing Suter their #1D but the Jets are also missing their #4D and #6D this post season and are forced to play our 8th & 9th dmen which is also a huge lose (and top 9 forward MP now). Wild are far from a "not a very good team" unless you also would consider the Leafs a not a very good team. Wild are a very good defensive and gritty team with a very good goalie.

I will agree the Preds are the best team in the NHL and will be a massive test to the Jets if both teams make to the 2nd round.
The leafs are not a good team. They played in the weakest division and feasted on the bottom dwellers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad