Patrik Laine and first two NHL playoff games

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
He's getting off easy against the subpar Stars missing their #1D.. when going gets tough he might wilt a bit but we will see.

Everyone keeps saying this, but seriously, how good is a team if they are completely helpless after losing a single player?

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
One thing I cannot wrap my head around is how calm he is.

19 years old. Playing in a massive game in a barn full of people losing their minds and he's just cool as a cucumber.

thats because he has always been like that, those who have watched plays from years 15-16 have known this: he stays calm, when needed scores, probably three

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
He's very good.

Too bad fans of his can't have a discussion solely about him without bringing up 34. Insecure much?

Happy to see he's played well though when the games get tighter, he's had two great snips. Really don't wanna see Winnipeg win, but it's hard not to cheer for Laine.

no. opposite that, fans of him were 100% sure he is going to be no.1 pick, there was absolutely not going to be better player available.. as he was easily the best scorer ever seen here, it gotta be secure he is picked first.

- then we heard some blablabla bullshit about some other prospect who is going to be picked first WITH NO CONTEST. still feels ridiculous
-then Laine himself stated he is going to be no.1 Patrik Laine oozing confidence, thinks he should go No. 1 overall - Sportsnet.ca
- and rest is history, we are just having fun now pointing the obvious happened

keyword is injustice not insecure here

Last edited:

FinRuutu

Red Wins
Feb 7, 2010
Helsinki
no. opposite that, fans of him were 100% sure he is going to be no.1 pick, there was absolutely not going to be better player available.. as he was easily the best scorer ever seen here, it gotta be secure he is picked first.

- then we heard some blablabla bull**** about some other prospect who is going to be picked first WITH NO CONTEST. still feels ridiculous
-then Laine himself stated he is going to be no.1 Patrik Laine oozing confidence, thinks he should go No. 1 overall - Sportsnet.ca
- and rest is history, we are just having fun now pointing the obvious happened

keyword is injustice not insecure here

It might be my reading comprehension or lack of it but that made no sense whatsoever... and I read it like three times.

Reactions: behemolari

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
So much wrong with this post

-im not 20
-im not a Leafs fan
-aint nothing wrong with young Conservatives loving America because of ww2 because everyone should love freedom and liberty. GOD BLESS AMERICA
Seems like personal attacks on HF are ok now. Sadly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->