GDT: Patrik Elias Night! - Devils vs. Islanders - 6:00PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
We have a big opportunity to make the results of the Cali trip not matter much st all if we can string some wins together over the next two weeks.

Especially this week because we can further bury Florida and Carolina.

Reactions: glenwo2

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
What a wonderful evening last night.
Patty and Devils was very classy, outstanding.

Kinkaid stepped up, terrific.

The defense did their job

The Offense was there waiting for the opportunity and then too advantage. Two points.

Can we have some more nights like last night without the retirement party. How about Elias comes back as assistant coach for the Devils next season.

Reactions: The 29th Pick

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I thought Patty got through his speech pretty well. He's always been an emotional guy (I remember him crying during Stevens' ceremony) so I thought he might have trouble getting through it. Him talking to his family in Czech was the thing that finally broke the damn for me.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Nico made both of those goals happen last night but won’t show up on the scoreboard and get credit. Great hustle to help minimize the scoring chance on the 1st Devils goal and send the puck up the boards to Hall and good board work to start the play on the 2nd goal.

Reactions: Blender

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Nico made both of those goals happen last night but won’t show up on the scoreboard and get credit. Great hustle to help minimize the scoring chance on the 1st Devils goal and send the puck up the boards to Hall and good board work to start the play on the 2nd goal.
Evidently, they gave him an assist for the first goal. :)

Reactions: Cheddabombs

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
thats not a tie, its a flask !

hidden-flask-tie.jpg

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I occurs to me that the win doesn't happen without a couple really good PKs and a couple big saves from Keith. If we would have gone down two at any point, I don't know if we would have made a comeback.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Was at the game and although I knew the crowd was electrified in the 3rd, I didn't realize just how LOUD they were until I got home to watch the broadcast. From the tying goal onward through the end of the game the crowd was terrific.

The boos for a missed call, mvp, and ref you suck chants were pretty darn loud.

Reactions: New Jersey

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
The reffing in the third really was a mess. The right man was in the building and needed to throw a bench on the ice.

Legit thought the crowd was going to riot for a second. Man they were pissed.

Hall telling the ref to **** off on that bogus icing was hilarious. Ref got snippy saying “don’t you shake your head at me”.

I’m a little hoarse today from the game and it’s not from cheering during the ceremony pre-game.

It’s infuriating the number of blatant trips they didn’t call in the 3rd period.

The fact a Devil was slashed and was shaken his hand to no call and later a Devil slashes an Islander and then the ref raises his hands 3 seconds later after watching the player shake his hand has me wild. They were the exact same situations in the same period and the refs called them different.

The icing was a joke obviously.

Hall got to argue about the icing with a huge cut on his chin that he got from a high stick right where the puck was. Unless both referees decided to not be watching the puck then they say Hall get high sticked and called nothing instead of the 4 minute minor it deserved.

It’s just insanity the Devils ended up with less PPs last night.

NJDpassantino

Jan 16, 2012
Hhaha Great night and great win! Anyone who was at the game, do you know where I can get my picture with the cup? Totally forgot the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad