GDT: Patrik Elias Night! - Devils vs. Islanders - 6:00PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
i vote to take @Bleedred 's posting privileges away for a week after the earlier post and the BIG kinkaid game.
Kinkaid had a GREAT game, probably his third best of the season, but as has been said plenty of times, bad goaltenders have good games sometimes.

Johan Hedberg had a shutout in his final season and he was even worse than Kinkaid this year. Jonas Hiller even had a shutout in his final season in the NHL, which cost him his NHL career.

Reactions: haak84

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
So Bleed.....

Your account was hacked, wasn't it? :sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:
In different era’s of Devils hockey, there’s been particular teams which losses against tend to irritate me more than losses against any other team.

In between 2009-2013 or so, losses to the Hurricanes pissed me off more than losses to any other team.

Between 2013 and now, losses to the Islanders piss me off more than losses to any other team. As was the case between the early 00’s and late 00’s, as well. I’ll also add losses to Winnipeg to that. For a couple years I would steam over losses to them. And when we lose to them, after I fly up and come see a home game in person, I blow a f***in gasket. Luckily this win saved me the heart attack.

And I guarantee, I hate the Islanders more than any Devils fan on this forum, except for maybe my buddy in the other room, who posts here sometimes. And I f***in hope we killed their season tonight.

f*** THEM! I think I like every team in the league not named the Rangers more than them. I sometimes even root for the Rangers over them, since I love being rebellious and hate that I’m supposed to be neutral on the Islanders and vomit on the Rangers.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
@Bleedred

BLEED!!!!

So....about that post of yours. ;)

Your account was hacked, right? :D

Anyway, a BIG TIME win that may have ultimately buried both the Isles and the Canes.
Barring another crazy losing streak, or the CBJ grenading, I think the Islanders and Canes season just died tonight.

Florida probably has better odds at this point than either of those two teams.

By the way, this team frustrates the f*** out of me, but I’ll love this current team forever if they make the playoffs.

P.s. I’m 2-0-0 at live games this year!

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
There was a rut in the ice somewhere on the boards, a little bit to Kinkaid’s right/the right of our defend twice net. I could almost see it. About 4 different guys fell over on it. Noesen did it once and one of the Islanders did late in regulation.

It happened I wanna say two other times earlier in the game.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I wonder if Bleed still hates this team?
It’s certainly a love-hate relationship, like a really great girlfriend that you love, but she does things to make you hate her sometimes. :P

Definitely have a lot of family members that I feel that way about too.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It’s certainly a love-hate relationship, like a really great girlfriend that you love, but she does things to make you hate her sometimes. :P

Definitely have a lot of family members that I feel that way about too.

Yeah I wasn't in 100% rant mode yet in the first two periods but I might have gotten there if they completed their splat job and really lost three straight at home this week including a shutout against the freaking Islanders and Halak who couldn't stop a beach ball most of this season. Which it looked like it was heading there until Palm channeled Steve Yzerman circa the G7 OT against the Blues way back and beat Halak with a laser from 900 feet out.

Hate's a strong word...the only team of mine I truly hated was the 2010 Devils (the second half collapse followed by the Macdisaster). Between the historically massive underachieving and the on/off-ice drama I pretty much had it with everyone and everything associated with the team outside of the guy getting honored last night. I didn't particularly like last year's team or the last Lou team but eventually they earned total indifference more than anger. In other sports the angriest I've been at a team was the 2007 Mets, who ******* it away by continually turning the switch on and off all year and finally paid for it down the stretch. Definitely the Jets have been the source of a lot of fan agida in general.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Those emphatic glove saves toward the end were nice. He was definitely fired up. The whole team was, definitely thanks to the crowd going into overdrive.

Maybe we can will them to some playoff wins with this energy.

Reactions: Billdo

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
We all assumed he was drunk.

I was about 60% Harris being drunk, the other 40% just massively uncomfortable with public speaking. You look at the clip posted in this thread of him speaking to reporters compared to him on the ice and that's a BIG difference lol, I actually felt bad for him a little but hey if he was sloshed and didn't care about sounding like a malfunctioning robot then vaya con dios.

I felt a little for Daly too, you know they had to have sent him cause they didn't want the Bettman boo to last a half hour and overshadow Elias's night. Especially after all the crap reffing this season, I'm sure a Bettman sucks chant would have somehow broken out if people knew he was in the building last night during the third period shenanigans.

Reactions: glenwo2

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The reffing in the third really was a mess. The right man was in the building and needed to throw a bench on the ice.

Legit thought the crowd was going to riot for a second. Man they were pissed.

Hall telling the ref to f*** off on that bogus icing was hilarious. Ref got snippy saying “don’t you shake your head at me”.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The reffing in the third really was a mess. The right man was in the building and needed to throw a bench on the ice.

Legit thought the crowd was going to riot for a second. Man they were pissed.

Hall telling the ref to **** off on that bogus icing was hilarious. Ref got snippy saying “don’t you shake your head at me”.

:laugh: Good...I knew he was yelling something at the ref at one point but didn't get the TV view.

It was kind of odd Ftorek was the only ex-coach (including Lou) of Patty's other than Hynes to be there although if you really go through them other than Lemaire - who also had a bit of a love-hate with Patty especially early - who else was going to be there? I didn't know Larry was having health problems and the mic cut out a bit while Patty was talking about it. Obviously Burns wasn't possible, and obviously Sutter wasn't going to be there for vastly different reasons. I'm sure Pete would have been there if he wasn't actually coaching in the NHL. Constantine and Julien didn't have enough of an impact to merit it - and Julien's also still coaching.

I did also like the heartfelt shoutout to Hynes and Shero. If you think about it they really did let Patty stay with the team all year after he played his last game, they never pushed the issue. Even though it was obvious the end of 2015-16 was a nice way to go out if that was it and he'd only played a few games that year, he didn't actually announce his retirement till the very end of the next season.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
:laugh: Good...I knew he was yelling something at the ref at one point but didn't get the TV view.

It was kind of odd Ftorek was the only ex-coach (including Lou) of Patty's other than Hynes to be there although if you really go through them other than Lemaire - who also had a bit of a love-hate with Patty especially early - who else was going to be there? I didn't know Larry was having health problems and the mic cut out a bit while Patty was talking about it. Obviously Burns wasn't possible, and obviously Sutter wasn't going to be there for vastly different reasons. I'm sure Pete would have been there if he wasn't actually coaching in the NHL. Constantine and Julien didn't have enough of an impact to merit it - and Julien's also still coaching.

Oh we were pissed in the thread too. It was really really obvious the crowd was extremely pissed off. Luckily the crowd energy seemingly possessed Lovejoy on that last PK and turned him into Stevens.

Patty didn’t even mention Sutter or Claude. He gave a shout out to everyone else, including Pete. I am also 100% ok with those exclusions.

Reactions: MadDog172430
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia