GDT: Patrik Elias Night! - Devils vs. Islanders - 6:00PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
yeah the refs seem to have something against this team. ive thought that since the wood ticky tack double minor in boston.
I don't know if I'm ready to go there yet. But it's very possible that the officials would want to make a point since Wood and Hynes said publicly that the referee in that game admitted a screwup.

Wasn't there a big thing with referees and Vancouver a few years ago?

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
He's got 1 short handed goal this season? 3 in the last 4 years... Gibbons has 3 this year in 45 games.
Who said anything about short handed goals, those are just a bonus

Grabner is a fantastic penalty killer. Elite, even. Over the last two seasons, 79 forwards have logged at least 200 minutes while down a man. Grabner ranks 6th in shot suppression, and 1st in goals against/60 and 2nd in expected goals for%, meaning the Rangers were able to generate more than their share of chances with him on the ice. He’ll make an already potent, and threatening, Devils penalty kill that much better.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
They are. I don’t think the point changes though, he’s a threat which is nice to have. Same with Gibbons.
He's tied for 4th on our team in short handed points. He's behind Gibbons(4pts), Bratt (2pts), Henrique(2 pts)

He's tied with Coleman, Zajac, Zacha, Moore, Vatanen, Stantini, Mueller and wait for it... Lovejoy with 1 shorthanded point this season.

...i suppose that's still nice to have?

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
He's tied for 4th on our team in short handed points. He's behind Gibbons(4pts), Bratt (2pts), Henrique(2 pts)

He's tied with Coleman, Zajac, Zacha, Moore, Vatanen, Stantini, Mueller and wait for it... Lovejoy with 1 shorthanded point this season.

...i suppose that's still nice to have?

You and your facts.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
what was most moving to me was patrik made a point that this was, in a way, all extremely surreal to him within the context of where he came from. when he began to cry while he was speaking to his family in czech i had to check my tear ducts.

Reactions: glenwo2

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
what was most moving to me was patrik made a point that this was, in a way, all extremely surreal to him within the context of where he came from. when he began to cry while he was speaking to his family in czech i had to check my tear ducts.

Seems like he came from a great, humble close knit family. It all starts with mom and dad. They raised one heck of an athlete, person, role model, franchise player. We're lucky to have the privilege of him wearing our jersey for so many years.

Reactions: My3Sons

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
Also I have to say our legends age better than any other teams. Dano, Stevens, Elias, Nieds and Brodeur certainly have not blown up to Tkachuk/Lindros proportions

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I did think Gomez himself should have been out there though having played with Patty.

It was surprising. Makes me wonder if they weren't the closest or something.

Also, how the hell is Scott Gomez an assistant coach of an NHL hockey team? High School or community college, sure, but NHL...... I cant see it.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It was surprising. Makes me wonder if they weren't the closest or something.

Also, how the hell is Scott Gomez an assistant coach of an NHL hockey team? High School or community college, sure, but NHL...... I cant see it.

Part of me think it's because of Barzal tbh, since he has a similar skillset to Gomez (both were highly tauted first-rounders and smallish playmaking centers), he could help mentor him as a young player.

mike30

Jul 17, 2014
New York
watching the 3rd period right now on msg.. didnt realize how loud we all sounded at the game until now . wow the mvp chants and boo's were LOUD haha

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
Just noticed Nico kicked the puck to Hall on Palms' 2nd goal. What a player he is. Watching him defensively last night was such a treat.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I don't know if I'm ready to go there yet. But it's very possible that the officials would want to make a point since Wood and Hynes said publicly that the referee in that game admitted a screwup.

Wasn't there a big thing with referees and Vancouver a few years ago?

Stefan Auger, who was a shitty ref, called a penalty on Alex Burrows as revenge for something that happened in a previous game between the two

HischieR13

Mar 16, 2009
Strong Island
This is a shot in the dark here, i know it’s not the right thread but nobody really uses the memorabilia thread. I have 3 extra mini Elias banners and I’m looking to trade them for a Stevens and a daneyko. If anyone is interested lmk.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I thought both Greene and Lovejoy looked good last night, and I know it wasn't that they look better in person than on TV, as both looked even worse in person than on TV when I saw them in Tampa last weekend.

Once in a while we need to win a game 2-1 and I thought we needed to see more games like that from Kinkaid and we finally got one of those last night for the first time in a while.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I thought both Greene and Lovejoy looked good last night, and I know it wasn't that they look better in person than on TV, as both looked even worse in person than on TV when I saw them in Tampa last weekend.

Once in a while we need to win a game 2-1 and I thought we needed to see more games like that from Kinkaid and we finally got one of those last night for the first time in a while.

Kinkaid has 3 fewer wins than Schneider in 10 less games played.

That's not saying Kinkaid is good...but I'm starting to question why Schnieder doesn't win more. We went through the debate about Cory vs Marty and how Marty won and Schneider didn't...that was 5 years ago, Schnieder has been the starter since and hasn't won 30 games once in his career.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Kinkaid has 3 fewer wins than Schneider in 10 less games played.

That's not saying Kinkaid is good...but I'm starting to question why Schnieder doesn't win more. We went through the debate about Cory vs Marty and how Marty won and Schneider didn't...that was 5 years ago, Schnieder has been the starter since and hasn't won 30 games once in his career.
I agree.

I'm still steaming that Brodeur won the Vezina over Nabokov in 07-08. Nabokov had 2 more wins than Brodeur that year in one fewer start, yet Brodeur got the Vezina that year. They completely ROBBED Nabokov of the Vezina that year!

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I agree.

I'm still steaming that Brodeur won the Vezina over Nabokov in 07-08. Nabokov had 2 more wins than Brodeur that year in one fewer start, yet Brodeur got the Vezina that year. They completely ROBBED Nabokov of the Vezina that year!
Didn't have the balls to say wins don't mean anything?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Didn't have the balls to say wins don't mean anything?
Some of you people act like they mean everything.

As if Brodeur is only legendary because of all his wins.

Some of you act like when a goalie wins a game 6-5, he did a better job than if he lost a game 2-1.

It's more dinosaur than goons and scarecrow goalies with no pads from 1983.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Winning is everything. And it's the only thing that matters. I could less if they win 20 to 19 or 1 to 0...winning and winning often is all that matters...you keep the style points, I just want the 2 points for the win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->