Speculation: Patrick Sharp trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retail1LO*

Sharp had 10 days to supply his trade list. I wonder if that has had anything to do with the delay in trading him. Maybe they won the cup, STAN gave him to the parade then asked for a list.

I Donno just spitballing

The term is "spiff balling." It means to brainstorm.

Spitballing is wadding up little pieces of paper, moitening them with your saliva, and then shooting them at another person, typically through a straw.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012

Spitballing is wadding up little pieces of paper, moitening them with your saliva, and then shooting them at another person, typically through a straw.

:laugh: i think someone has been playing a lifelong prank on you. Both are in the oxford dictionary, it's really not worth bothering with.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008

:laugh: i think someone has been playing a lifelong prank on you. Both are in the oxford dictionary, it's really not worth bothering with.

Taze em you beat me to it! :laugh:

blams

LeGoat
May 14, 2015
Illinois
still... Sharp is a huge reason for the success we've seen since 09.

It doesn't matter what someone has done in the past. The only smart thing to do is to move forward making decisions that are best for the future of the team.

Keeping Sharp is most definitely not that. I don't care what he's done for the team or the community. The best hockey decision is to rid of Sharp.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
still... it Kind of feels like there is a huge lack of respect for Sharp and what he has done for our team

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Just a reminder, the Sharp rumors from this past season are potentially libelous and can not be posted here. Thanks.

13) Libel: Any posts libeling players, prospects, or hockey personnel. It's not acceptable to post that you heard Player X has a drinking/drug/sex/personal problem from a "good" source. Do not post information that can be considered defamatory without a link to a credible media source. Other forums, personal websites, hearsay, and personal testimonials are not considered credible.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
still... it Kind of feels like there is a huge lack of respect for Sharp and what he has done for our team

I hear you. People want to throw the guy in the trash like he is a boat anchor and sucks. I think we all understand he is the one that has to go, but it would be nice to show a little more respect when talking about him. I don't think we have cup one or two without him and who knows with cup three. He was decent these past playoffs. He is a Chicago Blackhawks legend when you look at his ranking in scoring and on 3 cup teams.

Are people going to talk about Keith like he is useless trash if he falls off the next few years?

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
If Sharp was that much of a disruptive force, he would have been gone long before and he wouldn't be wearing an A.

They would have pushed him out in my opinion.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
I hear you. People want to throw the guy in the trash like he is a boat anchor and sucks. I think we all understand he is the one that has to go, but it would be nice to show a little more respect when talking about him. I don't think we have cup one or two without him and who knows with cup three. He was decent these past playoffs. He is a Chicago Blackhawks legend when you look at his ranking in scoring and on 3 cup teams.

Are people going to talk about Keith like he is useless trash if he falls off the next few years?

Maybe I'm taking this wrong, but I don't feel like anyone is really disrespecting him. But there is a reality that if he isn't moved and soon, the Hawks will lose out on Kruger and/or Oduya, and then the ability to compete for a Cup next year might be gone. Especially if Oduya is lost and they only have 3 established NHL defensemen on the roster.

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
Sharp has been an ancillary player the last few seasons... Good numbers but it's difficult for me to recall a dominant game. Most of his shots are either from the perimeter or miss the net these days. He's essentially Vrbata at this point. Doesn't mean he won't score 30 next season but Chicago can't spend 5.9 on the hope he rebounds.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007

I guess people are more trash talking his performance of this past year than Sharp as the person,I like Sharp, he will be missed but he has to go. We can't sit here and cry for him after all, the guy still has lots of hockey left for him and I am sure he will have a blast. Who knows maybe he signs here for a couple mill 2 yrs down the line.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Maybe I'm off, but I thought in general that Sharp played well in the playoffs. Especially considering he spent much of it on the 3rd line, where his offensive chances would have been limited compared to the past.

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
Uh, he had 78 points 2 years ago and lead the team.

Vrbata has been scoring as well.. But like sharp is now..he's one dimensional..and that dimension is too far away from the net and for too much money

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Interesting

Bolland was part of 2 cup winners , Rozy part of 2 cup winners , etc

But I see no one demanding we treat them with some mythical respect.. I see no one trashing Sharp

Its simply reality that his play is declining and he is too costly at this stage

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Interesting

But I see no one demanding we treat them with some mythical respect.. I see no one trashing Sharp

Its simply reality that his play is declining and he is too costly at this stage

Those guys do not compare to Sharp.

No one disputes he has to go because of his salary. Its obvious. I am not going to scroll back and look but there has been a tone by some. If Sharp was on Bickell's salary he would still be worth that.

And respecting what Sharp has done as a Hawk should not be a mythical thing because he has regressed with age. That doesn't mean he should stay. Unfortunately you don't show much respect to any player on this team, the GM, or the coach. You are about 98% negative towards a 3 time in 6 year cup winning team and everything about it.

Stu Grimson

Apr 16, 2014
Interesting

Talk about comparing apples to tire irons:laugh:

Bolland and Rozy to Sharp.

Nobody really denies that Sharp is getting older and declining but to compare him to those guys is silly

fatbeard

Jul 3, 2015
Maybe I'm off, but I thought in general that Sharp played well in the playoffs. Especially considering he spent much of it on the 3rd line, where his offensive chances would have been limited compared to the past.

True, but Patrick Sharp is not getting paid 5.9mil to play "well." He's getting paid to score goals, and lots of them.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
Sharp under performed this last playoffs and still had more points than Saad. Think about that :P

skiba77777

Jun 24, 2013

What in the world.

scarchelli

Aug 19, 2014

Both are acceptable. Spitballing is much more commonly used if you were born after prohibition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad