Speculation: Patrick Sharp trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackhawksFan615

Jul 5, 2015
Screw it, I think we should just keep Sharp. I really kind of like what the lines look like with him still playing.

So what do we do to bring Johnny-O back? We don't? We play three rookies? Put Rundblad in the top four? If we don't clear cap space, we can't bring anyone in to help on the blue line. And I don't see Bickell going anywhere before this fall.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I take a legitimate top 4 with Oduya over Sharp. That very likely means Kruger is back as well.

The only way I can fit Oduya/Kruger in requires no retained salary on Bickell, as well as dealing Sharp and Versteeg. Maybe NJ will take Bickell with McNeill + for Clowe at zero retained. But that leaves the 3LW to fill. I think whoever Sharp is dealt to needs to target a bottom 6 LW as a return. Hawks are heavy on RWers in the system.

Your Reality Check

Nov 11, 2013
Chicago
We will probably keep everyone. Stan will do something somehow to make it work that not even the NHL knew was legal. It seems like a new loophole is found every year.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
The only way I can fit Oduya/Kruger in requires no retained salary on Bickell, as well as dealing Sharp and Versteeg. Maybe NJ will take Bickell with McNeill + for Clowe at zero retained. But that leaves the 3LW to fill. I think whoever Sharp is dealt to needs to target a bottom 6 LW as a return. Hawks are heavy on RWers in the system.

Yeah I posted that assuming Sharp and Bickell would both be gone. I don't know how accurate hockeyscap is, but I have them with ~$9.2M left to sign Oduya and Kruger, plus 2-3 other roster spots (not including Tropp or Morin). Versteeg would still be a Hawk, but he can always be traded.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Interesting

Bolland was part of 2 cup winners , Rozy part of 2 cup winners , etc

But I see no one demanding we treat them with some mythical respect.. I see no one trashing Sharp

Its simply reality that his play is declining and he is too costly at this stage

Bolland is and was always respect for what he's done. Rozi is a passenger and he really shouldn't stay, not even Close

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
It's either Sharp or Oduya. Money doesn't work out with both.

Today @ 1:55 AM ET
What about bringing back Versteeg and Sharp, moving Bickell and Crawford, and getting amazingly worked out hometown discounts from 27 and 16(which appear to already be set in stone just waiting for the looming trades to clear the space)...

Sharp(5.9) - Toews(10.5) - Hossa(5.3)
Dano(.9) - Anisimov(3.2) - Kane(10.5)
Panarin(.8) - Teravainen(.9) - Versteeg(2.2)
Desjardins(.8) - Kruger(2.8) - Shaw(2.0)
Tikhonov(1.0)

Keith(5.5) - Seabrook(5.8)
Oduya(4.1) - Hjalmarsson(4.1)
TVR(.9) - Rundblad(1.0)
Johns(.8)

Darling(.6)
Labarbara(.9)
(hopefully acquire a decent goalie prospect in the Crawford trade)

All added up thats 70.6 mil with almost a mil extra space to spare.

This would be my ideal "most probably repeat roster". Essentially all you have is Panarin replacing Vermette on the 3rd line, and Dano and Anisimov(who looked great together in Columbus) replacing Saad and Richards on line 2 with Kane. Top line(hands down one of the top 5 lines in all of hockey the past few years) and 4th line(hands down the best 4th line in the NHL) remain the same(thus this lineup would roll 4 lines with dominant possession as good if not better than any other team, not to mention an infusion of youth speed, and skill), An improved 3rd pairing on D returning with the leagues best top 4 gives us one of the leagues top 3 defensive cores, arguably #1.

Solid options to try and replace Crawford and those options will once again be protected by previously mentioned elite defensive core and the elite team wide defensive structure the Hawks implement that includes their deep cast of backchecking 2way forwards. Collectively this will all do a great job of easing the transition for the Hawks goaltending, maybe Darling who the organization absolutely loves and who has shown he has everything it takes to take over as the #1. I like it. No other NHL team can show me a better projected/possible eventual opening night roster than this. Unless that hangover really gets to them a repeat is very probable baring untimely injuries. I wouldn't be against this team, as difficult as repeats seem....

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Today @ 1:55 AM ET
What about bringing back Versteeg and Sharp, moving Bickell and Crawford, and getting amazingly worked out hometown discounts from 27 and 16(which appear to already be set in stone just waiting for the looming trades to clear the space)...

Tikhonov(1.0)

Keith(5.5) - Seabrook(5.8)
Oduya(4.1) - Hjalmarsson(4.1)
TVR(.9) - Rundblad(1.0)
Johns(.8)

Darling(.6)
Labarbara(.9)
(hopefully acquire a decent goalie prospect in the Crawford trade)

All added up thats 70.6 mil with almost a mil extra space to spare.

This would be my ideal "most probably repeat roster". Essentially all you have is Panarin replacing Vermette on the 3rd line, and Dano and Anisimov(who looked great together in Columbus) replacing Saad and Richards on line 2 with Kane. Top line(hands down one of the top 5 lines in all of hockey the past few years) and 4th line(hands down the best 4th line in the NHL) remain the same(thus this lineup would roll 4 lines with dominant possession as good if not better than any other team, not to mention an infusion of youth speed, and skill), An improved 3rd pairing on D returning with the leagues best top 4 gives us one of the leagues top 3 defensive cores, arguably #1.

Solid options to try and replace Crawford and those options will once again be protected by previously mentioned elite defensive core and the elite team wide defensive structure the Hawks implement that includes their deep cast of backchecking 2way forwards. Collectively this will all do a great job of easing the transition for the Hawks goaltending, maybe Darling who the organization absolutely loves and who has shown he has everything it takes to take over as the #1. I like it. No other NHL team can show me a better projected/possible eventual opening night roster than this. Unless that hangover really gets to them a repeat is very probable baring untimely injuries. I wouldn't be against this team, as difficult as repeats seem....

How dare you suggest that Crawford to be moved? Blasphemy!

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Tikhonov(1.0)

Dear lord. That lineup... :amazed:

Only thing I would do is switch Sharp with Dano (to play and learn from his countrymen and Toews like Saad did) or move Panarin to that spot since Teravainen and Sharp showed very good chemistry on that third line in the playoffs. Hell, Versteeg can even spot top 6 duty if Hawks feel Dano is better at RW or Q feels Teravainen isn't quite ready for a larger role just yet. I'm all for it, but I'm one of the few here that wants Sharp to stay. That being said, no way is Crawford moveable with his contract and NMC.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
That being said, no way is Crawford moveable with his contract and NMC.

The NMC obviously affects where he might go, but many teams would jump on the opportunity of acquiring an elite goalie instrumental in the Hawks winning 2 Stanley Cups.

Crawford's contract hate is one of the big mysteries around here.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
The NMC obviously affects where he might go, but many teams would jump on the opportunity of acquiring an elite goalie instrumental in the Hawks winning 2 Stanley Cups.

I wouldn't call it "hate" because it's based purely on logic. Not much of a mystery either as one glance a couple posts up shows you what kind of a team can be iced if Crawford's contract is moved.

rick hawk

Apr 9, 2004
I wouldn't call it "hate" because it's based purely on logic. Not much of a mystery either as one glance a couple posts up shows you what kind of a team can be iced if Crawford's contract is moved.

Its just another way of looking at things. Unfortunately, its not allowed on this board. Bowman's moves regarding potential backups lately says it ain't ever going to happen.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008

Around the league, Crawford is not viewed as an elite goalie. Those here who voice that opinion are shouted down, however we are not in the minority nor wrong.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
how do you know what GMs and coaches think about Crawford?

To keep the answer at the level of your question, have you ever heard coaches express concerns about facing Crawford like they mention about other goalies?

He scares no one.

fatbeard

Jul 3, 2015

Unless my numbers are off, they don't have to move Versteeg to fit Oduya/Kruger, and that includes raises for both of them. In fact, they can fit Oduya at 3.75 and Kruger at 2 and still have 1mil left under the cap.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Hawks weren't scared of Quick, Rask or Luongo too
In other words, you have nothing to prove your Point. thanks for the Talk, Bowman said he is happy with Crawford as his starter. That's at least 1 GM that has said something about him and it was positiv. That GM is a 3x SC GM.

btw I missed you the last 3 weeks when there was a time to be happy and cheer for the Hawks winning the Cup. Too bad this Feeling is gone for most and everybody cries about Bowman.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Hawks weren't scared of Quick, Rask or Luongo too
In other words, you have nothing to prove your Point. thanks for the Talk, Bowman said he is happy with Crawford as his starter. That's at least 1 GM that has said something about him and it was positiv. That GM is a 3x SC GM.

btw I missed you the last 3 weeks when there was a time to be happy and cheer for the Hawks winning the Cup. Too bad this Feeling is gone for most and everybody cries about Bowman.

Scared? No. Concerned? Yes. Game planned against them? Absolutely.

Some concerns from the opponent regarding Crow? Hardly.

I was surprised and thrilled that the Hawks won the Cup and went to several games. I admit I was a seller at the trade deadline, not knowing Kane's miraculous recuperative powers;).

The games are great and exciting, some of us long time fans go a bit beyond that and revel in the analysis and team building side of the game.

It's all good from where I sit.

(3 week absence was partly not to pee on your parade and computer issues with HF, but it's good to be missed. :D)

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
To keep the answer at the level of your question, have you ever heard coaches express concerns about facing Crawford like they mention about other goalies?

He scares no one.

He should have scared Tampa, he owned the in the SCF. Crawford is inconsistent, that is his issue. He can be very good then all of a sudden he lets in a soft one. To his credit he has been brilliant in both SCF. Hoping he gets confidence from his SCF performance against Tampa and gets more consistency. He is as good at any goalie in the league at stoping breakaways and odd man rushes, its the soft ones he tends to let in when he is off.

fatbeard

Jul 3, 2015
Around the league, Crawford is not viewed as an elite goalie. Those here who voice that opinion are shouted down, however we are not in the minority nor wrong.

It would help if you could quantify what "elite" means. I think it was 538 that did some goalie analysis a while back, and found that there's really only one "elite" goalie in the league, which was Lundqvist who is just off the bell curve. The rest are all pretty similar with the difference between above to below average being slim, and even the "good" goalies are really guys who tend to flash for a few seasons before regressing to the norm. Crawford was above average and more consistent than most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland