Speculation: Patrick Sharp trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
To keep the answer at the level of your question, have you ever heard coaches express concerns about facing Crawford like they mention about other goalies?

He scares no one.

He should, as he was outplayed Minny's, Duck's and Lightning's goalies last year in winning the SC.

GM's value players that can rise tot h eoccasion when required and outplay th eoppositio at crucial times.

At the end of the day, it's what separates Getzlaf/Thornton from Toews, a multitude of scorers from Kane and, yes, Dubnyk, Anderson, Bishop, Lundquist, Luongo and a bunch of others from Crawford.

If Crawford was available, many teams would fall over themselves to try and snap him up.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
He should, as he was outplayed Minny's, Duck's and Lightning's goalies last year in winning the SC.

GM's value players that can rise tot h eoccasion when required and outplay th eoppositio at crucial times.

At the end of the day, it's what separates Getzlaf/Thornton from Toews, a multitude of scorers from Kane and, yes, Dubnyk, Anderson, Bishop, Lundquist, Luongo and a bunch of others from Crawford.

If Crawford was available, many teams would fall over themselves to try and snap him up.

It would have been nice to have the sale window open for a while to just see what the offers might have been. Alas, it was deemed more urgent to deal Raanta and Nillson.

A lineup free of Sharp, Bickell and Crow's salaries with Darling in the pipes may surprise you.

We may just see Darling in the pipes yet, with those salaries not helping much.

fatbeard

Jul 3, 2015
It would have been nice to have the sale window open for a while to just see what the offers might have been. Alas, it was deemed more urgent to deal Raanta and Nillson.

A lineup free of Sharp, Bickell and Crow's salaries with Darling in the pipes may surprise you.

We may just see Darling in the pipes yet, with those salaries not helping much.

It amazes me how willing Blackhawks fans are to see a goalie with all of 14 professional games under his belt and who is an admitted alcoholic thrown to the wolves in one of the most pressure-packed positions in pro sports. Addicts will always be at risk of relapse. Ask Josh Hamilton.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
It amazes me how willing Blackhawks fans are to see a goalie with all of 14 professional games under his belt and who is an admitted alcoholic thrown to the wolves in one of the most pressure-packed positions in pro sports. Addicts will always be at risk of relapse. Ask Josh Hamilton.

There's question marks about his play (seeing as he is green), but you kind of sound pretty callous going after him about the alcoholism.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Yeah Florida fans said last week this guy is never right about anything. That's not to say Florida is interested, but we shouldn't be using him as any kind of source.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
If uncle Dale takes Bickell off out hand and to a lesser extent Sharp(depending on the trade) then I will seriously start thinking about the conspiracy that Dale was planted in Florida just to swoop in and solve the Hawks cap problems lol

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
David Dwork @DavidDwork
Word on the Sharp deal is that terms between the Cats and Hawks were agreed on but a player condition to waive NTC yet to be approved by FLA
1:12 AM - 8 Jul 2015
8 8 Retweets 1 1 favorite

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Sharp to Florida happening, just need Sharp to waive his NTC...

I really hope this is what happens. I live a few hours from the Panthers arena, they would instantly become my second favorite team and I would go to some games. Good for Sharp too, no state tax and plenty of ex Hawks. Also would get to play with Jagr. Sharp jerseys would also sell well in Miami, a win win.

GGGHawks18

Dec 16, 2011
David Dwork @DavidDwork
Word on the Sharp deal is that terms between the Cats and Hawks were agreed on but a player condition to waive NTC yet to be approved by FLA

David Dwork ‏@DavidDwork 2h2 hours ago
The @FlaPanthers were very close to striking a deal with the @NHLBlackhawks last night for Patrick Sharp. May pick back up today. Stay tuned

David Dwork ‏@DavidDwork 41m41 minutes ago

There is the rest of the tweets.

EDIT: This guy is probably JJ's source for his recent blog lol

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
David Dwork ‏@DavidDwork 2h2 hours ago
The @FlaPanthers were very close to striking a deal with the @NHLBlackhawks last night for Patrick Sharp. May pick back up today. Stay tuned

David Dwork ‏@DavidDwork 41m41 minutes ago

There is the rest of the tweets.

EDIT: This guy is probably JJ's source for his recent blog lol

Yeah this is all basically what JJ was tweeting and posting about.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
David Dwork @DavidDwork

Who is David Dwork and are the Cats the Panthers?

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
holy cow this is exciting, and sad at the same time.

Per the tweet, it seems FLA has the player needing to waive the NTC, not us from our side. Am I reading it right and it is typed wrong, or do they type it wrong IF it is Sharp to waive. "but a player condition to waive NTC yet to be approved by FLA" Makes me think FLA needs to have someone waive. Can it be Jagr LOL. I don't think so of course but was kidding.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Which players have NTC's for Florida. If Dale takes another asset off the Hawks hands I'm beside myself. He's definitely a double agent.

I can't imagine any player on Florida not waving to come to Chicago. But who knows, maybe some wouldn't want to leave those beautiful beaches.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
As of now, Patrick Sharp has not been asked to waive his NTC. While that could change with a phone call, told nothing is imminent right now.
per main boards

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
holy cow this is exciting, and sad at the same time.

Per the tweet, it seems FLA has the player needing to waive the NTC, not us from our side. Am I reading it right and it is typed wrong, or do they type it wrong IF it is Sharp to waive. "but a player condition to waive NTC yet to be approved by FLA" Makes me think FLA needs to have someone waive. Can it be Jagr LOL. I don't think so of course but was kidding.

I read that as the condition is coming from Chicago's side (someone likely wants a complete no-trade clause added.

Guessing this trade:
Sharp
for
Jussi Jokinen (50% retained - assuming FLA has the cap space)
Rocco Grimaldi
4th round pick

or Sharp for Brian Campbell (50% retained). Campbell is a UFA after this season. Trade Versteeg and you can probably make it work financially.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad