Speculation: Patrick Sharp trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
So its clear Sharp is going to be gone in the next 10 days. Where do people think he's going and what do you think the Hawks get in return?

I think he ends up in Washington for pick 22 and maybe Connor Carrick or one of their defensive prospects.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Washington, Florida, Montreal, Pittsburgh, Columbus, Ottawa, Islanders, Sabres are the interested teams, IMO. Have them in order of likelihood.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
So its clear Sharp is going to be gone in the next 10 days. Where do people think he's going and what do you think the Hawks get in return?

I think he ends up in Washington for pick 22 and maybe Connor Carrick or one of their defensive prospects.

It may happen yes, but I wouldn't say it's clear.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Washington is completely in love with Wilson. I don't think you get him.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
BTW Washington took Tom Wilson 1 pick ahead of Hertl and 2 picks ahead of Teravainen. Whoops!

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto

I don't think it's guaranteed it will be within 10 days, but if not by then it will be before training camp.

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
Why would Sharp agree to waive his NTC for the Panthers?

400K more in take home pay the next two years with Florida having no state income tax as opposed to Illinois. Lot's of familiar faces...Tallon, Bolland, Pirri, Hayes, Campbell. Solid young team on the cusp of being a perennial playoff participant, especially with a good move or two this off season (Sharp acquisition for futures would seem enough to get them over the hump and solidly a playoff team with a little internal growth in some of their kids). Last, Sharp does not have a NTC, he has a modified NMC which generally means he can list 8-10 teams he can block a move to (teams like Arizona, Buffalo, Columbus, Carolina, and New Jersey are probably higher on that type of list and you can argue for several others to get to 8-10 before you get to Florida). Even if Florida is on his list...I would suspect it would be more a matter of having to come up with 8-10 names to submit then they being actually one he is adamantly opposed to going to.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Either Washington or Montreal. Either place would fit like a glove.

dbridge

Bluth Lockout 2015
Nov 28, 2010
Chicago
Yup. They do they have potential too, they were hovering around the wildcard spots up until the very end of the season. They got a great young core (Barkov, Huberdeau etc) and a franchise D (Ekblad) to go along with McCoshen and Matheson.

That plus familiarity with Tallon plus you get to live in Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln