Speculation: Patrick Sharp trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
That's hindsight, though. Coming off a 70 point season, and it being an all-in year, no one was calling for Sharp to be traded last summer.

No hindsight, Sharp was shopped last summer too. His agent and then Sharp got all pi$$y just like this Spring with the extracurricular rumors.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
IMO there is a perfect trade partner for Sharp out there ,,, Anaheim

1) Plenty of cap space
2) Need top 6 scoring winger
3) Can part with quality future asset (Pick or prospect) to get deal done

Stan has almost always traded cap related players to East with exception of Frolik. With the East drying up as a trade partner for Sharp (Habs seem like only fit left but don't have cap) IMO it is time for Stan to look West

I have never been a fan of limiting your trade options by excluding teams from your conference. Excluding trading partners in division is fine but the chances of playoff series especially with new format makes trading with Conference rivals a nonfactor with only slight risk at this point

B4rre

Jan 17, 2014

1) Plenty of cap space

Excellent proposition. I don't know about that cap space though. They still haven't signed Hagelin and Silfverberg and after this season Vatanen, Lindholm, Kesler and the goaltenders get big raises.

RFIP

I LOVE CRAWFORD!
Mar 6, 2011

1) Plenty of cap space

Stan has almost always traded cap related players to East with exception of Frolik. With the East drying up as a trade partner for Sharp (Habs seem like only fit left but don't have cap) IMO it is time for Stan to look West

I have never been a fan of limiting your trade options by excluding teams from your conference. Excluding trading partners in division is fine but the chances of playoff series especially with new format makes trading with Conference rivals a nonfactor with only slight risk at this point

I was blown away the other day when I heard ANA was $2.2 mil UNDER THE CAP FLOOR!!

The talk heads where saying that was because they have very inexperienced D-men playing under their rookie deals still but this is just a crazy stat to me with how good ANA is already.

Cyber

Dec 31, 2014
The thing is - If there's any one team out there in who's best interest it would be to NOT help the Hawks with their cap situation it's Anaheim.

Why didn't they go hard after Justin Williams?

rick hawk

Apr 9, 2004
The thing is - If there's any one team out there in who's best interest it would be to NOT help the Hawks with their cap situation it's Anaheim.

Why didn't they go hard after Justin Williams?

However, if they added Sharp for picks or prospects which team would be improved at least in the short term?

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
I'd be all in with trading with Anaheim. Sharp could be their missing piece and we could get some good prospects back.

sketch22

Jul 18, 2011
I was actually thinking Nashville might be the dark horse in all of this. They have cap space, need a goal scorer to pair with Ribs, and have great young depth on D.

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
Not sure why the islanders aren't going after both sharp and Bickell. Think they would bring a lot to an up and coming team. Only 2 years on their contracts. I'm not sure of the islanders exact situation , but yeah, sharp and a healthy, motivated Bickell would do wonders. I think they make it out of the first round with sharp and Bickell.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Not sure why the islanders aren't going after both sharp and Bickell. Think they would bring a lot to an up and coming team. Only 2 years on their contracts. I'm not sure of the islanders exact situation , but yeah, sharp and a healthy, motivated Bickell would do wonders. I think they make it out of the first round with sharp and Bickell.

Because teams and GMs are not as stupid as Stan that take guys that other teams want to get rid of like AA and give them huge contracts. GMs know that Sharp and Bickell didn't do much last year in the RS or the playoffs, meaning the Hawks would have won regardless. So why spend 10M on washed out players?

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Because teams and GMs are not as stupid as Stan that take guys that other teams want to get rid of like AA and give them huge contracts. GMs know that Sharp and Bickell didn't do much last year in the RS or the playoffs, meaning the Hawks would have won regardless. So why spend 10M on washed out players?

Sharp was the Hawks 3rd leading point getter in the playoffs among forwards while playing on the third line. Yup, didn't do a thing

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Sharp was the Hawks 3rd leading point getter in the playoffs among forwards while playing on the third line. Yup, didn't do a thing

Saad was the third leading goal scorer in the playoffs but apparently he wasn't worth 6 million according to most here...

here come the

Mar 25, 2013

Sharp scored at the same rate as Saad in the RS despite playing with Shaw a ton. When he had the role Saad had, he out produced him by a mile. Even this year, when Sharp played with Toews, they had better GF60, GA60, and possession numbers than Saad and Toews together.

ManChild20

Aug 11, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
Saad was the third leading goal scorer in the playoffs but apparently he wasn't worth 6 million according to most here...

There's a difference between what a player is worth and what a team can afford. Now, if your argument is that they should have gotten rid of Crawford or someone else instead of Saad then so be it. That's a respectable opinion, but let's not pretend they can just hand everyone 6 mil that "deserves" it and call it a day.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com

So he's worth more than the Hawks are able to give him per the cap. I don't see why you continue to go down this road, it's done. It remains to be seen how these moves work out.

6 million is high for him on his 2nd contract + playing on a very good team. Hawks had cap issues, everyone knew this. Hawks still have cap issues.

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
The nonstop, blabbering reaction to the Saad trade by a few is about the worst idiotic fan reaction that I have seen on this board. A true lowlight.

So true. I love this trade this year next year. It's awesome

2 nhl players for 1 and a 2c.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
The team will be so much better this year it is not even close...the new underpaid. ..Dano and Panarin seeing that a medicare 55-55 point range guys in Saad and O''Reilly got megabucks deals are now drooling at going all out to impact bigger than those guys did last year..Thus they will not ...I repeat not...be tempted to joining the fat cats in their annual pilgrimage to the Q Country Club from Jan 1 till the end of the regular season..you know ...the fat cats going no show so often in Jan Feb and March that the "Dynasty " flirts with 7 and 8 th place going into the final 2 weeks of 5he regular sad on. ..Nope..instead they will play so well and try so 9f ten that they will shame the fat cats into akso actually trying harder 8n the 2nd half..They will shame the $10.5 million poster boys into actually earnings g that dough by playing 82 games instead of 41 try games and 4 in the Q reclining lounge at 5he Country Club. THEY and other newcomers will be "hungry" realizing b8g Gough awaits if 9nly they put up impressive numbers...maybe not 5he Hawks paying them megabucks after 2 great season ns impressing and producing..but why should they care about that?THEIR goal is to join Saad and O'Reilly in breaking the bank and if they get more points than those two they will get even more than those 2 fleeced their teams for with mere 50 -55 point range "starness"..Imagine how much they will make in the 70 or 80 point ranges? The incentive us there..the sky is the limit...T and K will be dragged along not wanting to be shamed for fat-cat ting and producing less than $10.5 million smackeroos would suggest.This 8s all good for Hawks fans..Had we given Saad such a huge raise for such a long tern even our line #1..no way he ever would get so consistently s5arry as to earn all that dough flowing 8n to his bank account. .Nope ..he would have "followed" the lead of T and K into the annual fat-cat 2nd half nosedive whilst they all repaired to the Q Country Club as soon as the calendar started the New Year on Jan 1st..work hard ...try ...until Jan 1st. .then coast 8t home ..Leave the switch in "off"..Only turn back "on" in playoffs...Stare at your overflowing bank account all through Jan Feb and March..cheat the fans who pay big dollars t9 attend games those months...let Q or shame never get you to hustle as you ought to 8n 5he 2nd half too as you did 8n the first half..But this year ..a couple of hungrier yutes are gonna drag the fat cat vets with them into actually competition h and playing "A" games throughout the entire season...That is why I an so excited for this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad