Rumor: Panthers looking to move prospect Adam Mascherin

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I would probably do the Oilers second if we had a deal in place ahead of time . He is further along then any one that we could draft in the 2nd round . I would ask for a 4th to come back but it would not be the be all end all if Florida refused

Reactions: Dan Kelly

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I see him coming to Montreal in a Pacioretty deal.

To Florida: Max Pacioretty, Washington 2nd round pick.

To Montreal: Nick Bjugstad, Adam Mascherin, 2018 1st round pick.

Good deal for both sides.

Yikes! Don't think you'll get any Panther fans to agree to that. We don't want to give up our 2018 1st for Patches, it's been beaten to death around here.

If we're sending the 2018 1st, Petry and Byron or some other winger is coming the other way.
I proposed this a while back and it was well received.

2018 1st + Pysyk + Mascherin

For

Petry + Byron + 2018 3rd

Reactions: Beendair Donedat

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017

after losing Marchessault and Rielly Smith over the summer in the expansion draft, i'd be shocked if Florida did this trade ! and i know Habs fans think so highly of Max that they think they can get a kings ransom for him but the Panthers would not give up that much for Max and a 2nd !

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
Yikes! Don't think you'll get any Panther fans to agree to that. We don't want to give up our 2018 1st for Patches, it's been beaten to death around here.

If we're sending the 2018 1st, Petry and Byron or some other winger is coming the other way.
I proposed this a while back and it was well received.

2018 1st + Pysyk + Mascherin

For

Petry + Byron + 2018 3rd

It's well received because you're ripping yourself off.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
i would

mascherin holds 0 value to us. so its bjugstad and a mid 1st for pacioretty. assuming they could come to an agreement before hand id definitely do that

Don't feel Pacioretty is a pressing need for us. I'd prefer to get a top 4 D with the 1st. I guess Dadonov can play RW but LW doesn't feel like it needs a huge upgrade. We have Huberdeau, Dadonov, McGinn, Mamin, possibly McCann as well as Hunt and Lammikko all LWs. RW is the concern for top 6, Malgin has shown flashes, Vatrano is playing off wing, Tippett is a rookie, Sceviour is middle six at best. Bjugstad is the only guy in the top 6 right now.

Reactions: Laus723

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
Avs need scoring wingers. young ones if possible. how about Mascherin for Andrighetto? or if Florida wants someone younger, one of Beaudin/Greer/Kamenev?

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Any interest in a Trade for Slater Koekkoek? He Will Never get bis fair Chance here, but is IMO defintily a NHL Caliber defender and ready for it.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
I would probably do the Oilers second if we had a deal in place ahead of time . He is further along then any one that we could draft in the 2nd round . I would ask for a 4th to come back but it would not be the be all end all if Florida refused

They're were asking for a 3rd a month ago and clearly nobody has met that and you want to trade the 40th overall pick for him?

I see you've been to the Chiarelli school of management.

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
I am assuming that he is going back into the draft unless Florida can orchestrate a last minute deal for him....but even then. will there be enough time to negotiate and get him signed.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

this is awful for florida. patches coming off an awful season, bjugstad a very good one.
and you want pick 15 and mascherin as well?

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Why wouldn't anyone want to sign in Florida? Is the weather too nice for him? He does look a bit ginger, maybe worried about sunburn.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Wonder if Florida would have an interest in Nic Petan for Mascherin?

Jets don't have the room to get him into the lineup and he needs to play to develop. We get a bit of a reset on it if we can resign Mascherin and the Cats get a guy who can step into a role next year.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
They're were asking for a 3rd a month ago and clearly nobody has met that and you want to trade the 40th overall pick for him?

I see you've been to the Chiarelli school of management.

Read . I said we would have to talk with him and agreed to a contract hence his value increases with a deal in place . If there isn't a deal to be had I wouldn't trade a 7th rd pick for him

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
this is awful for florida. patches coming off an awful season, bjugstad a very good one.
and you want pick 15 and mascherin as well?

Pacioretty is a better player than Bjugstad and helps the Panthers where they need it the most in the scoring department. Sure Pacioretty had a bad season last year but he’s also never played with centers like Barkov or Trochek, and he’s always scored huge. Not a stretch to think he’d put up big numbers with those guys.

Mascherin is as good as gone, a second rounder is good value for a guy who isn’t going to play and is essentially what most have offered for him in this thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad