Rumor: Panthers looking to move prospect Adam Mascherin

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Poor Adam, had shoulder surgery and the team didn't invite him to rookie camp nor training camp so he can recover.
I heard a slightly different take on the matter, this sounds like it was written by Panthers PR.

Reactions: Torgo

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Hopefully he gets moved in a packaged deal as I don't see him by himself pulling all that much.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
Habs have a bunch of 2nd this year. I could see them moving one of them if they like this kid being he's likely 2 years closer to the NHL than those picks would be. Also have Daniel Carr who's toiling in our middle 6 wing depth. As a team that needs better prospects in Laval yesterday, I could see MB showing some interest.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Habs have a bunch of 2nd this year. I could see them moving one of them if they like this kid being he's likely 2 years closer to the NHL than those picks would be. Also have Daniel Carr who's toiling in our middle 6 wing depth. As a team that needs better prospects in Laval yesterday, I could see MB showing some interest.

I would imagine a second rounder would do it.

Heckler81

Oct 14, 2017
Do you think FLA would rather take a roster player instead of a draft pick???

The player won't be able to play in the playoffs but maybe helps them pass the Devils for the final playoff spot.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Here's hoping Chia can get on this.

Which is exactly the reason he wont lol.... :(

Last edited by a moderator:

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Does he still the value of a 2nd round pick where he was drafted? If so, I'd give one of our 3rds for him (underpayment, I know)

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Does a third land you Mascherin? As a Rangers season ticket holder I do believe he will make it and I know for a fact he can score some goals. Don't know if his skating and tenaciousness on the for check is close to that of an NHL player, but it could get better over time.

Last edited:

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Do you think FLA would rather take a roster player instead of a draft pick???

The player won't be able to play in the playoffs but maybe helps them pass the Devils for the final playoff spot.
I'm not sure a roster player could be traded...if so, I don't think he would be able to play ...

Also, Id be surprised if someone gave up a 2nd for him knowing hes not going to sign..can just get him for free.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad