Rumor: Panthers looking to move prospect Adam Mascherin

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Good chance Tyler Myers is available as some Panthers fans were expressing interest in a top 4 defenseman. I wish the Jets could keep him, but with a cap crunch coming in Winnipeg, he and possibly Perreault are potential casualties.

As was posted earlier, maybe a Petan/Mascherin swap could be beneficial to both teams and both players.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
i would

mascherin holds 0 value to us. so its bjugstad and a mid 1st for pacioretty. assuming they could come to an agreement before hand id definitely do that
And you also get a 2nd for Mascherin. All in all not to bad.

DANTHEMAN1967

Aug 10, 2016
I'm waiting on the announcement this afternoon that the Leafs have traded a 5th round pick in 2019 for the rights to Mascherin.
At the same time the Leafs announce that they have signed Mascherin to a 3 year ELC.
:nod:

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
this is awful for florida. patches coming off an awful season, bjugstad a very good one.
and you want pick 15 and mascherin as well?
Lmao, the irony in this post is quite funny.

bjugstad coming off a very good season: 49

Pacioretty coming off an awful season: 47.5pts over 82 match.

You are right pacioretty coming off an awful season, wich everyone knows he can bounce back. They have literally the same PPG this season, does bjugstad coming an amazing season with that PPG makes him an overall awful player?

Reactions: xNogaitx

BringBackLibertys

Oct 10, 2007
Middlesex, NC
NYR should offer a 4th, conditional on the kid signing. Can't hurt, and all of our new kids can't be 18, could lead to a cap mess one day (one can only hope, based on picking well).

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Mascherin’s old Kitchener coach Mike Van Ryn just signed on to be the defensive assistant coach in St. Louis, I wouldn’t be surprised to see us try to get in on that action at the behest of our new coach. We need scorers, and Mascherin has a plus shot, and seems to be ok on the right side. I’m not sure if we’d spend any assets to sign him beforehand, but if he makes it to the draft I wouldn’t be surprised to see us take him.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I think Josh Leivo replaces the bolded.

Possible. Also possible the Leafs want to keep Leivo for their 4th line next year. I would think if they re-signed him, they are going to actually want to use him for once. The Leafs have a few other prospects they could use and could provide some good value to the Panthers. At this point, getting something is better than nothing, and a lot of the prospects we'd be willing to give up are probably better than most teams would be willing to give up in pick form. If they were going to get something better, I would think the Panthers would have taken the offer by now.

I always imagined another McKegg-Hyman type deal. Maybe something like Nielsen for Mascherin?

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Lmao, the irony in this post is quite funny.

bjugstad coming off a very good season: 49

Pacioretty coming off an awful season: 47.5pts over 82 match.

You are right pacioretty coming off an awful season, wich everyone knows he can bounce back. They have literally the same PPG this season, does bjugstad coming an amazing season with that PPG makes him an overall awful player?

wow late bump. the ol PPG argument strikes again. The real irony here is that you think ppg determines how good or bad a season a player had

Bjugstad is a 6'6 220lb center. 49pts for him is good. 37 for a scoring winger like patches isnt.

you realize habs fans want a mid 1st and good prospect as well right?
for a year of patches?

habs fans gonna be underwhelmed. prospect/youngish roster player + mid 1st at best

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
wow late bump. the ol PPG argument strikes again. The real irony here is that you think ppg determines how good or bad a season a player had

Bjugstad is a 6'6 220lb center. 49pts for him is good. 37 for a scoring winger like patches isnt.

you realize habs fans want a mid 1st and good prospect as well right?
for a year of patches?

habs fans gonna be underwhelmed. prospect/youngish roster player + mid 1st at best

they will get it.

So i guess matthews had a down year he only put up 63pts, last year he had 69! already declining at 20 year old? Double standard!

Btw you know Bjugstad played winger most of the year lmao?

so many biased info in your post it's unreal.

edit: i'm not expecting a A prospect and a good 1st btw...

im pretty positive we are getting a decent B prospect and a low mid first.

edit#2: Under 30 sec in your post history, in the first page, want to see something i saw in the "things people say on HF boards that annoy you"

THE GOOD OL PPG argument strikes again!!!

Matthews has never even got 70pts!

40g/69pts as a 19 year old rookie, 64pts in 63 games at 20.

i'd like to add hf posters that think they know more about hockey because their favorite team is better.

Last edited:

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
they will get it.

So i guess matthews had a down year he only put up 63pts, last year he had 69! already declining at 20 year old? Double standard!

Btw you know Bjugstad played winger most of the year lmao?

so many biased info in your post it's unreal.

edit: i'm not expecting a A prospect and a good 1st btw...

im pretty positive we are getting a decent B prospect and a low mid first.

edit#2: Under 30 sec in your post history, in the first page, want to see something i saw in the "things people say on HF boards that annoy you"

THE GOOD OL PPG argument strikes again!!!

Matthews went up in ppg, Patches went way down. what an awful comparable. I'll do the math for you considering you are struggling with it

Matthews 2017 - 69pts in 82 games = 0.84ppg
Matthews 2018 - 63pts in 62 games = 1.02ppg

difference = +0.18ppg

Pacioretty 2017 - 67 pts in 81 games = 0.83ppg
Pacioretty 2018 - 37pts in 64 games = 0.58ppg

difference = -0.25ppg

surely you see the hilarity in calling a guy who improved his ppg by +.18 declining right?
how is matthews a good comparsable to patches who went DOWN 0.25?

this is an awful offer for the panthers. many fans have come out and said it. not even close to worth a year of a guy who couldnt hit 20g or 40pts last year

cheers

edit 1: the fact that you didnt realize my quoted post from the annoying things thread is sarcasm is hilarious. try harder dude

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Matthews went up in ppg, Patches went way down. what an awful comparable. I'll do the math for you considering you are struggling with it

Matthews 2017 - 69pts in 82 games = 0.84ppg
Matthews 2018 - 63pts in 62 games = 1.02ppg

difference = +0.18ppg

Pacioretty 2017 - 67 pts in 81 games = 0.83ppg
Pacioretty 2018 - 37pts in 64 games = 0.58ppg

difference = -0.25ppg

surely you see the hilarity in calling a guy who improved his ppg by +.18 declining right?
how is matthews a good comparsable to patches who went DOWN 0.25?

this is an awful offer for the panthers. many fans have come out and said it. not even close to worth a year of a guy who couldnt hit 20g or 40pts last year

cheers

edit 1: the fact that you didnt realize my quoted post from the annoying things thread is sarcasm is hilarious. try harder dude

hahahahaha realy dude! im mind blowed. you can't be serious.

i wasn't comparing pacioretty to Matthews, i was pointing out You saying i was being stupid pointing out PPG% when you were saying. "the good ol PPG%" arguement.

and once again your whole post is ironic talking about PPG and look what you just said: (The real irony here is that you think ppg determines how good or bad a season a player had)

You're whole post is just doing everything you were mocking.

NO SHIT pacioretty had a bad year captain obvious. but you were saying pacioretty had an awful season and bjugstad had a awesome season, i was only saying their PPG are the same when Patch is having a shit year and can easily bounce back, while bjugstad has his best season ever, Wich barely sniff patches worst one. on top of that you say he did it at a most valuable position wich is false because he almost played wing the whole year.

I know pacioretty wont return the moon, but bjugstad doesn't even sniff his jock strap.

PS: you're a massive Homer.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
How did we end up comparing Pacioretty and Matthews in a thread about a prospect from neither of those players' teams?

Get the thread back on topic or I'll start banning users from the thread

People always bring up trade proposal and read the guy, im not even sure if he's kidding, he bashes me for bringing PPG% and mocks it, then does a full Post about it.

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
So if its midnight tonight, has there been rumors on this prospect/others? Really would like to see a trade- or a team swoop in and grab a guy

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
And you also get a 2nd for Mascherin. All in all not to bad.

Vesey only got a mid 3rd round pick and the team had a lot more time to try and negotiate a deal. He had a lot more potential, more developed (because he was older), and more prestige. You aren't getting a 2nd for Mascherin.

Mascherin himself will likely not be taken earlier than the 3rd if he re-enters. If Florida gets that, they would be lucky. More likely to get a 4th or a 5th at this point, because teams know they are in tough to get anything before he goes for nothing.

Getting a B prospect who is NHL ready prospect or someone with potential but is buried on a depth chart would be their best bet. Mascherin himself only projects as a good 2nd/3rd line winger at best, and you can often get guys who look far more impressive in the 2nd round.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Today is the day we find out if he gets moved, I'd like to see Leivo flipped for him, the Marlies are going to need bodies next year bec Johnsson, Dermott and Kapanen are all going to be full time Leafs, Leivo is signed so Florida won't lose him.

Nervousbreakdown

Jul 3, 2017
Today is the day we find out if he gets moved, I'd like to see Leivo flipped for him, the Marlies are going to need bodies next year bec Johnsson, Dermott and Kapanen are all going to be full time Leafs, Leivo is signed so Florida won't lose him.
I really wanted to see Leivo get a real chance on the leafs next season but if they traded him for this kid I would be pretty okay with that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad