Rumor: Panthers looking to move prospect Adam Mascherin

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
Hasn’t Florida basically ignored him since he was drafted. Not surprising he won’t sign there

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
It is speculated unofficially that Zuc to Panthers for FL 2018 1st [15OA] is a win win.
whether a combo or a separate deal, I see NY doing a 5th 2018 just for this guy's rights. Then also a conditional 4th if they sign him.
Maybe another conditional 3rd or 4th if Adam turns out to be all that and a bag of chips, based on his production.

If Pysyk has become surplus, NYR likely interested.

Both of your points could be something, but NYR doesnt look for an 3rd or bad 2nd Pair Defensman, Rangers search for Number 1 defensman.

From my side i would do that trade without a second thought. But there is still a possibility, that Karlsson and Zucc maybe switching Teams. Both have the same Kondition, both would help each team Situation.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Hasn’t Florida basically ignored him since he was drafted. Not surprising he won’t sign there

Says who? It´s not like he never was in a camp. Oh sorry there came a Hurrican during Prospect Camp and he was Injured.
It´s not that our Developing Coach and Crew doesn´t visited him.
And what is your source for your statement, the Word Mascherin said to have an Argument? That is trustful.

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
Says who? It´s not like he never was in a camp. Oh sorry there came a Hurrican during Prospect Camp and he was Injured.
It´s not that our Developing Coach and Crew doesn´t visited him.
And what is your source for your statement, the Word Mascherin said to have an Argument? That is trustful.

I remember reading it somewhere. No need to burst a blood vessel. Jeez

All of this can be traced back to training camp in September 2017 when Mascherin told Scott Wheeler at The Athletic that he hadn't heard from anyone in the Panthers organization, and wasn't invited to training camp.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I remember reading it somewhere. No need to burst a blood vessel. Jeez

All of this can be traced back to training camp in September 2017 when Mascherin told Scott Wheeler at The Athletic that he hadn't heard from anyone in the Panthers organization, and wasn't invited to training camp.

Scott Wheeler is an Toronto Maple Leafs writer, also known for going fast in with critics. Sorry and Toronto Sources always bad when it goes around the Florida Panthers, that is a known fact. You can ask any Canadian Panthers Fan, what they Hear near daily about Panthers. The outcome wouldn´t be surprise.
You jump on a Train already known for give the Theme the right push.

After Adam Mascherin had shoulder surgery at the end of April, he didn’t fire a shot for another four months. He skated, sure. But he wasn’t allowed to touch a puck until training camp opened in the last week of August. <-- That is a quote of a Media report beginning of september.
Oh could it be Panthers maybe doesnt invite him, cause he had some surgery. In April and doesnt played Hockea for four month, and no one knowed if he was ready for the Camp. Better rest the Body in the younger Age, that you can work on your back from Surgery.
And a Hurrcian in the beginning of the Prospect Camp.

hmmmmmmmm. know lets think about, who maybe did it right and who gone direct into Media, after a Surgery. Let´s think about it what would Flyers do if some Prospect did the same.

Reactions: CanadianPantherFan

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
Scott Wheeler is an Toronto Maple Leafs writer, also known for going fast in with critics. Sorry and Toronto Sources always bad when it goes around the Florida Panthers, that is a known fact. You can ask any Canadian Panthers Fan, what they Hear near daily about Panthers. The outcome wouldn´t be surprise.
You jump on a Train already known for give the Theme the right push.

After Adam Mascherin had shoulder surgery at the end of April, he didn’t fire a shot for another four months. He skated, sure. But he wasn’t allowed to touch a puck until training camp opened in the last week of August. <-- That is a quote of a Media report beginning of september.
Oh could it be Panthers maybe doesnt invite him, cause he had some surgery. In April and doesnt played Hockea for four month, and no one knowed if he was ready for the Camp. Better rest the Body in the younger Age, that you can work on your back from Surgery.
And a Hurrcian in the beginning of the Prospect Camp.

hmmmmmmmm. know lets think about, who maybe did it right and who gone direct into Media, after a Surgery. Let´s think about it what would Flyers do if some Prospect did the same.

Sorry but I don’t care enough to read all that. Was just saying what I’d heard. Not invested in it enough to care personally

Scott Malkinson

Sep 29, 2017
Calling this right now, he’s traded to Toronto for one of Andrew Nielsen or Dmytro Timashov or Adam Brooks.

The Maple Leafs are not trading Adam Brooks for Mascherin.

Timashov is also a bit of a long shot. Nielsen is possible. But I don't think Mascherin fits into what the Maple Leafs are building. He has an incredible shot but his skating is a serious concern. He also has a lot of maturing to do. Adam doesn't seem like he'd be able to slot in as a two-way bottom 6 forward.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
the reality is that nobody is offering anything unless Macsherin says he is going to sign with the new team. He seems committed to going back to the draft or has a specific team in mind that he wants to go to and that team already knows it and will wait until the last second to offer the Panthers a 7th round pick knowing that they have no choice but to take it.

Reactions: Scott Malkinson

member 147413

Still a 2nd but other GMs know he won't sign so they have the upper hand but if he's packaged with our 1st and one of our RD like Pysyk or Petrovic, we'd be looking for a defensive top 4 RD in return.
Isn’t Pysyk a defensive Top 4 RHD?

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Somewhat related, does anyone know why we have seen instances were guys re-enter the drafty only to be taken by their original drafting team, is the only reason the team does this, spite? Ottawa has an example of it with the goalie Chouniard and it seemed that's essentially what they did, re-drafted him out of spite which seems like one of the craziest things a pro sports team could do, who would allow that?

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Isn’t Pysyk a defensive Top 4 RHD?

Basically what Beez said above, he struggled mightily last year so for us Panther fans, it's got us scratching our heads whether he will bounce back to his 2016-17 year or be reduced to a 3rd line pairing which we already have in Petrovic and Weegar.
Yes I'd label Pysyk a defensive defenseman with limited offensive capabilities though.

Tallon and Boughner seem to be high on Weegar but that 2nd pairing RD should be upgraded if possible and our 2018 1st (15th OA)+ should be in play if we can find that player.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
His advanced stats showed that last year when he was playing a bottom pairing role. He struggles this year playing on the 2nd pairing. Plenty of Panthers fans wouldn't mind moving on from him if they can get an upgrade back in a different/same deal.
Mascherin + Pysyk for David Savard + 3rd ?

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Basically what Beez said above, he struggled mightily last year so for us Panther fans, it's got us scratching our heads whether he will bounce back to his 2016-17 year or be reduced to a 3rd line pairing which we already have in Petrovic and Weegar.
Yes I'd label Pysyk a defensive defenseman with limited offensive capabilities though.

Tallon and Boughner seem to be high on Weegar but that 2nd pairing RD should be upgraded if possible and our 2018 1st (15th OA)+ should be in play if we can find that player.

From the other thread, considering the teams needs, I wouldn't be shocked to see a Brown for Pysyk as a base of a deal with mascherin for a leafs prospect/pick thrown in.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Somewhat related, does anyone know why we have seen instances were guys re-enter the drafty only to be taken by their original drafting team, is the only reason the team does this, spite? Ottawa has an example of it with the goalie Chouniard and it seemed that's essentially what they did, re-drafted him out of spite which seems like one of the craziest things a pro sports team could do, who would allow that?

I don't think it was done out of spite. Tim Brent got drafted twice by Anaheim and Pierre Dagenais was drafted twice by the Devils. In each case, I think the team liked the guy as a prospect but had trouble signing him. Redrafting the guy later naturally gives more leverage to the NHL club. ELCs are a bit more structured now than they were in the previous era.

Reading more on Chouinard now, and he mentioned in an interview that the GM who drafted him in 1998 had been replaced by 2000. The new management didn't offer him a deal until a week before his rights were set to expire. Chouinard turned down the offer but Ottawa refused to negotiate. Ottawa knew they'd get the 45th pick as compensation for not signing Chouinard, so they wouldn't leave empty handed. Chouinard admitted that he was furious that Ottawa took him again.

Reactions: Upgrayedd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad