5. Rasmus Kupari
6. Jake Wise

34 Overall:
1. Jonathan Berggen
2. Ty Dellendrea
3. Ryan Merkley
4. Martin Kaut
5. Serron Noel

No Jett Woo in the 2nd round? RD who can skate, hit, defend and has a deceiving wrister from the point or top of circle. A Weegar replica but more defensive minded and top 4 potential.

I'd be happy with one of Kravstov, Thomas or Wilde at 15th and

Woo at 34th or trade up into 1st round to get him.

Trade someone and get a 2nd/3rd round pick back for a goalie.

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
No Jett Woo in the 2nd round? RD who can skate, hit, defend and has a deceiving wrister from the point or top of circle. A Weegar replica but more defensive minded and top 4 potential.

I'd be happy with one of Kravstov, Thomas or Wilde at 15th and

Woo at 34th or trade up into 1st round to get him.

Trade someone and get a 2nd/3rd round pick back for a goalie.

I haven't done a whole lot of research on Jett Woo. Any further comments on his game?

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I really want Jack Drury at #34 no matter who is left, the more research I do on him. He seems like an intense, big game player just like his dad was. Plus more depth down the middle never hurts.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I haven't done a whole lot of research on Jett Woo. Any further comments on his game?

Screenshot_20180613-224544.png
Screenshot_20180613-225151.png
Screenshot_20180613-224617.png Screenshot_20180613-224513.png Screenshot_20180613-224455.png Screenshot_20180613-224437.png

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Agreed. We need skill on the wings and on defense. So start drafting.
No. The Panthers need skill period. If the best player at pick 15 is a center, pick a center. You don't know what you will need 2-3 years from now when he is ready. You can always play him on the wing if you need a winger.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Drury is a skilled player. He just happens to have intangibles. I wouldn't advocate taking a plug at #34.
Skilled with intangibles is just fine. But when you draft a guy and it immediately jumps out that he doesn't have the skill of the guys drafted around him coughgudbransoncough but has leadership characteristics, you picked the wrong guy.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Skilled with intangibles is just fine. But when you draft a guy and it immediately jumps out that he doesn't have the skill of the guys drafted around him coughgudbransoncough but has leadership characteristics, you picked the wrong guy.

Yeah exactly. No, Drury is not that. He's projected to go #30-45. He looks like a clone of his uncle Chris. He's a center, a very cerebral player, soft hands, he's a good playmaker, he's willing to get dirty and score garbage goals, good hands around the net, he just knows how to score. He's one of those types of players who will bear down to put the puck in the net.

Reactions: Optimus Reim

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Yeah exactly. No, Drury is not that. He's projected to go #30-45. He looks like a clone of his uncle Chris. He's a center, a very cerebral player, soft hands, he's a good playmaker, he's willing to get dirty and score garbage goals, good hands around the net, he just knows how to score. He's one of those types of players who will bear down to put the puck in the net.

Sounds good.

Is he fast?

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Sounds good.

Is he fast?

I'd say he has average to above average speed, but he's very quick on his feet, and this helps him elude defenders down around the goal and to create space. He also has a nice little wrister, it has a quick release and he can pick some corners. He won't ever be a 40 goal scorer but he'll score goals in the nhl. Plus I like that whatever areas of his game he needs to improve, he has his dad and his uncle to lean on who both played in the nhl. That's a monumental advantage over all his peers.

Reactions: Kellyr

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
No. The Panthers need skill period. If the best player at pick 15 is a center, pick a center. You don't know what you will need 2-3 years from now when he is ready. You can always play him on the wing if you need a winger.
I agree but centers this year are VERY limited.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Still my only Question is will we use our 1st Round Pick for the next Finnish Center or we give the Pick away and add another Player to upgrade the Team.
Cuase with pick 32 there is always a good-promising Player to pick, Better take and late 1st early 2nd Rounder befor get another Crouse Scenario.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
We won't reveal the mods mock draft results until the whole thing is fully completed, but I think we did pretty gud with the 1st rounder. ETF & I had a pre-planned consensus pick for that spot and he was still there for taking. Only clue I'll give is that the player is projected to go right around our pick, or higher on some top31 lists.
2/2 on projected picks.

giphy.gif

Unless Petro gets traded within the next few days and gets us back in the 3rd round, we're probably done. The mock draft doesn't usually go more than 3 rounds deep anyway.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad