Prospect Info: Panthers 2018 Entry Draft Talk

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I'd say, Kravtsov would be very good for Panthers. He's almost NHL ready, I think he needs just another KHL season, and then he can play in the NHL. And he has just 1 year left on his KHL contract. He will have Dadonov as a mentor and elder comrade, so it's a good thing as well. And he's a winger, a position of need for the team.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I like Johnny Tychonick at #34 if we don't pick a defenseman in the first. He's a skilled two-way guy who is great in transition and a very good playmaker. He also displayed the best agility at the combine. That's a very good thing for that type of defenseman. People who watch him say he'd be ranked in the 1st round if he were playing in the chl.

jvr32

Oct 24, 2016

Interesting is that Florida's Ontario based scout Wes Clark has made multiple praising tweets on twitter about Merkley's game, however these tweets are all at least a year old now. I don't know what's their connection but it seems unusual. I wouldn't be surprised now if he's a guy Panthers will pick with one of their two top picks.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Starting to hear a lot about Akil Thomas. C/RW. 5'11, 170lbs.
Has crazy speed and playmaking ability. Decent wrist shot and went from:

21g, 48pts in 61 games 1st year in OHL
To
22 g, 81pts in 68 games his 2nd year.

14th in total points and 5th in assists.
Reminds me of a Trocheck but playmaker version. Quotes often praise his speed, work ethic, 2 way ability and being one of the best playmakers in draft.

Most sites/experts have him anywhere near 15th to late 1st, early 2nd.

Reactions: Optimus Reim

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Starting to hear a lot about Akil Thomas. C/RW. 5'11, 170lbs.
Has crazy speed and playmaking ability. Decent wrist shot and went from:

21g, 48pts in 61 games 1st year in OHL
To
22 g, 81pts in 68 games his 2nd year.

14th in total points and 5th in assists.
Reminds me of a Trocheck but playmaker version. Quotes often praise his speed, work ethic, 2 way ability and being one of the best playmakers in draft.

Most sites/experts have him anywhere near 15th to late 1st, early 2nd.

If he's there at #34, we take him. I think he'll go around #25 though.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014

Interesting is that Florida's Ontario based scout Wes Clark has made multiple praising tweets on twitter about Merkley's game, however these tweets are all at least a year old now. I don't know what's their connection but it seems unusual. I wouldn't be surprised now if he's a guy Panthers will pick with one of their two top picks.

There was a thread on Reddit a while back about the guy. Seems that he's one of the most immature talented prospect that is projected to go high in a draft.

- "He's been kicked off his team's bench by 2 different coaches in the past two years, has constant temper tantrums. His agency fired him because of his family, etc."
- "Speculating here, but it’s likely his family think he’s also god’s gift to hockey and will harass coaching staffs for benching him because he has a tendency not to backcheck. Perhaps an agency didn’t want to represent that."
- "I just read a scouting report on Merkley and it said he is even more immature than deAngelo"

Pretty much guaranteed that Dalé "The Character" Tallon won't be drafting this guy unless he hit the bottle with Potvin the day before.

Reactions: Optimus Reim

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Is there any info around or rumors, what we are doing with the 1st Round Pick?
I mean the Question is there, trade or pick and since there is not much in the Draft to be awaite the big 1st Round pick for the Future.
With the latest singing the trade rumors aorund Petrovic going up. The new russian D-Man is a straight upgrade to Petrovic. When you believe in stats Pysyk had the better future.

I don´t hear any speech or talk that we have special interest in some Player, so give up the 1st Round after a while, would be the best methode for an upgrade. Befor i overpay again in the FA Market.

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
If they trade the first round pick it better be packaged with stuff for Jeff Skinner, Mark Stone, or Mike Hoffman.

If its for Pacioretty it will be a bad move. He is exiting his prime, so we would give up assets, then give him an expensive contract for years where his production is declining.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
to be honest i have seen people miss him entirely in mocks... But he has been very good the last two years... Saw some guy raving about him and checked him out. To put up those numbers in that league has to say something... I mean i don't see why one of our later picks wouldn't work. I would imagine our super overseas scouting department is well aware of this guy.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threa...rpat-oulu-liiga-2015-undrafted.2421445/page-2

very interesting.. people questioned his mental toughness.. but then proceeds this year to lead his team to a championship all while his dad passed away... seems worth of a 5-7 round pick if u ask me

Last edited:
Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
Here is my wish list:

15th Overall:
1. Evan Bouchard
2. K'Andre Miller
3. Akil Thomas
4. Vitaly Kravstov
5. Rasmus Kupari
6. Jake Wise

34 Overall:
1. Jonathan Berggen
2. Ty Dellendrea
3. Ryan Merkley
4. Martin Kaut
5. Serron Noel

Reactions: Dread Clawz

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Here is my wish list:

15th Overall:
1. Evan Bouchard
2. K'Andre Miller
3. Akil Thomas
4. Vitaly Kravstov
5. Rasmus Kupari
6. Jake Wise

34 Overall:
1. Jonathan Berggen
2. Ty Dellendrea
3. Ryan Merkley
4. Martin Kaut
5. Serron Noel

Nice list
I'm a big Miller and Wise fan too.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
We won't reveal the mods mock draft results until the whole thing is fully completed, but I think we did pretty gud with the 1st rounder. ETF & I had a pre-planned consensus pick for that spot and he was still there for taking. Only clue I'll give is that the player is projected to go right around our pick, or higher on some top31 lists.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Here is my wish list:

15th Overall:
1. Evan Bouchard
2. K'Andre Miller
3. Akil Thomas
4. Vitaly Kravstov
5. Rasmus Kupari
6. Jake Wise

34 Overall:
1. Jonathan Berggen
2. Ty Dellendrea
3. Ryan Merkley
4. Martin Kaut
5. Serron Noel
Kupari scares me. Insane speed and puck skills but looks like hockey IQ might be an issue.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
We won't reveal the mods mock draft results until the whole thing is fully completed, but I think we did pretty gud with the 1st rounder. ETF & I had a pre-planned consensus pick for that spot and he was still there for taking. Only clue I'll give is that the player is projected to go right around our pick, or higher on some top31 lists.
Ty Smith?

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
Kupari scares me. Insane speed and puck skills but looks like hockey IQ might be an issue.

He's playing in a men's league correct ?

Also, I was reading somewhere that he had a growth spurt during the season ?

At 15 OA I think the risk is justified. If he pans out, he will be a first liner. I'd rather shoot for a first line player than a 2nd line player.

Kravtsov might be a safer pick in the sense that hockey IQ doesn't seem to be an issue for him.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
if we keep the pick im hoping for denisenko or kravtsov. denisenko with the slight edge. wouldnt be surprised if someone unexpected fell to 15, i feel like this is one of the most unpredictable drafts in a while, everything after #2 is a tossup. on top of the fact that draft orders never go the way people expect anyways.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00