Prospect Info: Panthers 2018 Entry Draft Talk

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Wilde went earlier than expected but Smith was our first choice at the spot. I originally was thinking a forward at 34 but Soupy saw going after Alexeyev was good choice as he was falling out of the first. Shores up a lot D with this draft which was something we were looking for.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Wilde went earlier than expected but Smith was our first choice at the spot. I originally was thinking a forward at 34 but Soupy saw going after Alexeyev was good choice as he was falling out of the first. Shores up a lot D with this draft which was something we were looking for.
Yeah, Smith was our realistic projected pick about 7 picks before our turn. I had Sandin or Alexeyev as tied secondary options, Sandin went soon after our 1st rounder. We were first thinking of going with a forward at 34, but Alexeyev falling was too good to pass up (I actually brought up Alexeyev falling right after we made the Smith pick, but I honestly didn't expect it to happen). He was arguably BPA at that point too.

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
I was hoping we'd trade the pick for wing help.

But holding 15 and 34 in this draft will be big. Everything I've read says there's lots of depth here and plenty of solid players. I'd be cool with drafting two Dmen like Nashville did the other year with Fabbro and Girard.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Yeah, Smith was our realistic projected pick about 7 picks before our turn. I had Sandin or Alexeyev as tied secondary options, Sandin went soon after our 1st rounder. We were first thinking of going with a forward at 34, but Alexeyev falling was too good to pass up (I actually brought up Alexeyev falling right after we made the Smith pick, but I honestly didn't expect it to happen). He was arguably BPA at that point too.
Not a fan of double D except in cup size.

Also not a Smith fan boy. If Petro is gone we need some size on the back end to clear and win board battles against lines that cycle. I hope we stick with a F at 15 and grab Woo or Alexeyev at 34. :)

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Not a fan of double D except in cup size.

Also not a Smith fan boy. If Petro is gone we need some size on the back end to clear and win board battles against lines that cycle. I hope we stick with a F at 15 and grab Woo or Alexeyev at 34. :)

I like Woo alot too. Reminds me of Weegar with solid defensive skills. I've seen him from late 20s to mid to late 30s in most mock drafts. He may be available at 34th with this being a heavy winger/defenseman draft, plus his injuries to start the year may scare some off. Nothing long term that I read.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
I like Woo alot too. Reminds me of Weegar with solid defensive skills. I've seen him from late 20s to mid to late 30s in most mock drafts. He may be available at 34th with this being a heavy winger/defenseman draft, plus his injuries to start the year may scare some off. Nothing long term that I read.
The similarities are there definitely. Weegar is a bit more of a gambler but they can both hit hard and win board battles. Woo needs to turn some of his baby fat into muscle in his upper body. Hopefully this summer he works hard and gets stronger to ward off future injuries. I like the fact he has a bit of a mean streak like Weegar. :)

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
My guess is they go Farabee. Hardworking u.s. kid, Captain of the u-18s. I think he's being a little undervalued ranked at #17, although I understand this is a deep draft.

Big, strong, talented winger, good skating, two-way game, projects to be a 15-30 goal scorer in the nhl. Can't go wrong with that pick.

Reactions: 16Skippy

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
My guess is they go Farabee. Hardworking u.s. kid, Captain of the u-18s. I think he's being a little undervalued ranked at #17, although I understand this is a deep draft.

Big, strong, talented winger, good skating, two-way game, projects to be a 15-30 goal scorer in the nhl. Can't go wrong with that pick.
Farabee is my 1st choice also and then Denisenko and Berggren. He is a long way from a big strong winger at 162 lbs although he plays more like 180. I do see him growing into his frame just like Huby did, so he should get there. Lots of talent in the NHL from Central NY with Tuch, Dustin Brown and soon Farabee. Tim Connelly was also a keeper but concussions derailed him. :)

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
What I'm looking at for Florida tomorrow if they pick at 15.

The best D-prospect out there or a high potential F even if he carries risk, no low risk F picks.
Someone like Kravtsov could end up as another KHL beauty.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
What I'm looking at for Florida tomorrow if they pick at 15.

The best D-prospect out there or a high potential F even if he carries risk, no low risk F picks.
Someone like Kravtsov could end up as another KHL beauty.

I guess Russian Winger if he is still their or the Finnish Center, People talked about that he is for his Age really good.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Farabee is my 1st choice also and then Denisenko and Berggren. He is a long way from a big strong winger at 162 lbs although he plays more like 180. I do see him growing into his frame just like Huby did, so he should get there. Lots of talent in the NHL from Central NY with Tuch, Dustin Brown and soon Farabee. Tim Connelly was also a keeper but concussions derailed him. :)

Tell me more about this Berggren guy? Strengths and weaknesses? Build? Style of play?
Thanks B. :)

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I was hoping we'd trade the pick for wing help.

But holding 15 and 34 in this draft will be big. Everything I've read says there's lots of depth here and plenty of solid players. I'd be cool with drafting two Dmen like Nashville did the other year with Fabbro and Girard.

Well, we got wing help, and gave up lower picks. :)

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Tell me more about this Berggren guy? Strengths and weaknesses? Build? Style of play?
Thanks B. :)
Probably 5'10.5"/183. High compete and fiesty. Fast with soft hands at high speed and good shot in close. Can cycle but not at the NHL level yet due to his size. Biggest asset is distribution to linemates in high scoring areas and hockey IQ. Great in transition and ability to turn puck over. Excellent defensively. Has to work on his perimeter shot as it's not NHL level.

What caught my eye was international play: Sweden Under 18: 13 games 13 pts (6G/7A). Led SuperElite with 57 pts in 34 games (18G/39A). Played 10 games at the SHL level at the end of season with 0 pts but was with stacked team and was stuck in bottom 6. IMO, a shoe in top 6 at C or Wing after a few more years at the SHL level. At minimum another Carl Haglin or could max out similar to Pastrnak. :)

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Kupari certainly fits into the high risk prospect.

He would be only one more of the talented finnish Center we have. He would carry the same risk as we have with Borgstrom.
But overall for teh next 6-8 Years we have enough Center depth with more incomeming. So another Defensman or Winger could be the better option.
Kravtsov and Wilde maybe the first oprion.

If we use the 1st Round Pick. im still unsure, in the matter about the Goal of an Top4 D Left Handed and the UFA Market has nothing much to offer, where you say i want that Player.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
if jonny tychonick is there round 2 i hope we grab him. .. like what i see there... though he will be going to college next year.. seems like he could be special

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad