Prospect Info: Panthers 2018 Entry Draft Talk

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
yea but rasmussen is a way more likely nhl player, which means we could've traded him. kind of like what we should be doing now with a lot of our prospects. we don't need them. we need major pieces last summer but ill settle for this one. there's no prospect I'd be unwilling to part with if it got us top 6 offense and top 4D cause the word future litterally makes me insane now.
Like I said we’ve gone safe for a while and we haven’t been good. I’m glad they actually risked it with Tippett.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
While Kratsov may not have deserved the best rookie of the year award, he still seems pretty intriguing forward in the makings. Although I'm hesitant to believe he would fall down to 15th, Kratsov could be the perfect match for the Panthers. Any word on possibly climbing higher @ draft? I haven't been following up on the gossip lately and even been to boards rarely since the conference finals.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
While Kratsov may not have deserved the best rookie of the year award, he still seems pretty intriguing forward in the makings. Although I'm hesitant to believe he would fall down to 15th, Kratsov could be the perfect match for the Panthers. Any word on possibly climbing higher @ draft? I haven't been following up on the gossip lately and even been to boards rarely since the conference finals.
To be honest I think if you’re not picking in the top 5ish this is one of those years where you just stay put and enjoy who drops to you.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
I'm hoping for Farrabee or Ty Smith. Think they'll also be able to grab a really good prospect with that high 2nd, not sure I'd trade that pick for Crouse, great trade!
Yeah I'm hoping Smith is there at pick 15 - don't think it's likely though. If he's gone, then wouldn't mind drafting a winger and taking a defenceman in round 2 - there's a lot of nice guys that's projected to go in that 20-40 range.

So much parity in rankings this year. This should definitely be an interesting draft.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Yeah I'm hoping Smith is there at pick 15 - don't think it's likely though. If he's gone, then wouldn't mind drafting a winger and taking a defenceman in round 2 - there's a lot of nice guys that's projected to go in that 20-40 range.

So much parity in rankings this year. This should definitely be an interesting draft.
I would be surprised if Smith lasts until pick 12. Heck, imo he's a top 10 guy.

Yeah, there's a bunch of guys in the range of our second pick that I really want. I hope one of them fall there...if we get Breggren with the 34th I'd be ecstatic.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I would be surprised if Smith lasts until pick 12. Heck, imo he's a top 10 guy.
Majic-Johnson-Confused-Popcorn-Gif.gif

@EnforceTheLaus

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Update on 2018 picks after today's trade:

1st (15th overall)
2nd (34th overall, Yotes pick)
6th (170th overall)
7th (201st overall)
7th (207th overall, Sharks pick)

Laus doesn't like Smith?
You'll see in a day or two. ;)

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Unless there is a stud D available for a trade I guess we'll be keeping these picks.
I guess there's the bright side to Tallon being averse to trading high picks - wonder if he'd do this otherwise.

(Well, provided Hoffman doesn't destroy our locker room and make Barkov request a trade...)

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
I guess there's the bright side to Tallon being averse to trading high picks - wonder if he'd do this otherwise.

(Well, provided Hoffman doesn't destroy our locker room and make Barkov request a trade...)
I guess he'll be on a short leash and they'll monitor the situation closely.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Shouldnt we be the best team in the league to be able to handle the online bullying stuff.

We have one heck of a bunch of computer geeks.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I just can't see Ty Smith being there at #15, and I'd love to be wrong, but if he is you take him automatically. Bode Wilde seems to be all over the board. In McKenzie's rankings four scouts have him in the top 20, and four have him as a 2nd rounder. My gut feeling says Tallon likes him. It looks like he should be there at #15 if Tallon wants him.

Interesting, Martin Kaut was #16 on his list. I've liked him all year. I wouldn't mind that pick at all. Denisenko and Farabee are also in that range. Looks like Kravtstov will go before 15.

Also, if Merkley is there at #34, do we pick him? I guess it's somewhat dependant on if we go defense at 15. I really wish we could acquire a 3rd rounder and pick a goalie. Rodrigue, Gravel, and Annunen all look pretty good imo, I really want one of these guys.

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
Also, if Merkley is there at #34, do we pick him? .

I think that he’ll likely to go in the 1st round due to there being so many teams with multiple 1sts. So the Detroits, NYRs, Ottawas etc. could pick safe first and then grab high ceiling Merkley toward the end of the round with their other pick.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
I just can't see Ty Smith being there at #15, and I'd love to be wrong, but if he is you take him automatically. Bode Wilde seems to be all over the board. In McKenzie's rankings four scouts have him in the top 20, and four have him as a 2nd rounder. My gut feeling says Tallon likes him. It looks like he should be there at #15 if Tallon wants him.

Interesting, Martin Kaut was #16 on his list. I've liked him all year. I wouldn't mind that pick at all. Denisenko and Farabee are also in that range. Looks like Kravtstov will go before 15.

Also, if Merkley is there at #34, do we pick him? I guess it's somewhat dependant on if we go defense at 15. I really wish we could acquire a 3rd rounder and pick a goalie. Rodrigue, Gravel, and Annunen all look pretty good imo, I really want one of these guys.
Agree about Wilde.

Don't want Denisenko, but I'd be okay with any of Farabee, Kaut and Kravtsov.

If we pick D at 15 and Merkley is still available at 34, it might be worth the risk. I wouldn't want him as our only pick though.

Speaking of D - supposedly Sandin has risen a lot lately; some scouts even having him in the top10. Two-way defender and from what I've read he sounds like a pretty safe bet to make the NHL in some capacity, but some also believe he has top pairing potential. TheDraftAnalyst even says he could become the best Dman of the draft after Dahlin.

Agree about getting a 3rd-5th rounder and picking a goalie. Maybe this is where we trade Petro for picks?

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Guess taking a break from the site helps the offseason goes faster.
First year I have zero knowledge of any draftable players for our top two selections, but cool thing is the draft is this Friday lol.

Glad to see @Dread Clawz back on here.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Guess taking a break from the site helps the offseason goes faster.
First year I have zero knowledge of any draftable players for our top two selections, but cool thing is the draft is this Friday lol.

Glad to see @Dread Clawz back on here.

Thanks! I didn't follow the team as closely as I would've liked last season, but you know I'll be here for the draft! haha

Agree about Wilde.

Don't want Denisenko, but I'd be okay with any of Farabee, Kaut and Kravtsov.

If we pick D at 15 and Merkley is still available at 34, it might be worth the risk. I wouldn't want him as our only pick though.

Speaking of D - supposedly Sandin has risen a lot lately; some scouts even having him in the top10. Two-way defender and from what I've read he sounds like a pretty safe bet to make the NHL in some capacity, but some also believe he has top pairing potential. TheDraftAnalyst even says he could become the best Dman of the draft after Dahlin.

Agree about getting a 3rd-5th rounder and picking a goalie. Maybe this is where we trade Petro for picks?

I'd be fine with Sandin, very smart player with similar upside to Wilde.

Reactions: ShootIt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad