Out of Town Thread: Sergachev Rising Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Lehtera has been dog ****, but at the time of the trade he did have value. Maybe not quite as much as Danault, but higher than Plekanecs for sure. And remember the Habs would have to BEAT the Blues offer- especially considering they are in conference. To fathom an offer that is BETTER than what the Blues paid, 2 firsts and Danault is realistic.

Lehtera had no value at all. He was pretty much St louis's DD.

Reactions: MaxPacwhereishe

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Lehtera has been dog ****, but at the time of the trade he did have value. Maybe not quite as much as Danault, but higher than Plekanecs for sure. And remember the Habs would have to BEAT the Blues offer- especially considering they are in conference. To fathom an offer that is BETTER than what the Blues paid, 2 firsts and Danault is realistic.
No its not, stop making excuses and admit Bergevin messed up. Plekanec was the better player and has a better contract. If anything it would have been cheaper.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
DD with another assist tonight, 3G 12A 15 Pts in 29 games.....not bad, been told last year that the only reason he was in the NHL was beceause of the .......arrrgh....cant remember the word they used....think it started with fox.....fox something anyway, and that he would never find another job in the NHL after Montréal

Well...to the defense of his detractor of last year (i think we may have a couple of them still posting here :)) to their defense, we have to say that DD made a career of beating the odds, anyway, good for him

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Leafs suddenly on a 3 game losing streak. Crazy thing is Boston now has 5 games in hand on them. They need to go 3-1-1 to tie the Leafs. I almost want to see that happen.

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
DD with another assist tonight, 3G 12A 15 Pts in 29 games.....not bad, been told last year that the only reason he was in the NHL was beceause of the .......arrrgh....cant remember the word they used....think it started with fox.....fox something anyway, and that he would never find another job in the NHL after Montréal

Well...to the defense of his detractor of last year (i think we may have a couple of them still posting here :)) to their defense, we have to say that DD made a career of beating the odds, anyway, good for him
Yup, I'll gladly eat crow on that one. Tought he would be in Europe this year or at most on Vegas. Happy for the lil guy. Still, he's departure was long overdue on our team

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex

I hated it when people said he wasn't an NHLer. He just loved the Habs and wanted to play wherever he was asked. It was the coach who put him in situations he couldn't handle and the GM who kept him around instead of dealing him to make room for Galchenyuk at centre.

Roke

Jul 21, 2003
Winnipeg
I hadn't seen these rumours before. I had seen a few "Melnyk's personal wealth has taken a hit so he's using the Sens as a piggybank" a few years ago but nothing like this.

Melnyk, who purchased the team in 2003, firmly denied rumours floating around league circles that he recently missed a payroll for front office staff or failed to reimburse scouts for expenses.
[...]
Melnyk did, however, admit that the Senators are down to bare bones staff. An NHL source also told TSN that coach Guy Boucher is one of the lowest-paid head coaches in the league.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016

Rangers' depth is awful down the middle, especially with Zibanejad injured, so they are using DD as first line center by default.. The only way DD can look decent is by playing with 2 big and fast skilled wingers that will create room for him on the ice.. He is playing with Kreider and Buchnevich, so Im not surprised to see him produce a bit, kind of reminds me when he was centering Patch and Cole where he had his best season ever.. Rangers will flush him as soon as their center depth get a bit better.

Last edited:

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
And the Leafs GDT is in total meltdown. :) Garbage coach. Marner sucks. Zaitsev is a loser. Boring team. etc.....

Could be worse Leafs fans. You could have the Habs to cheer for instead so be more thankful for your young team. :)

Doesn’t matter,the Leafs were suppose to roll on and destroy everyone in their path led by the Zeus like brain-trust in shanahan, Lamoriello and Babcock, instead, the go on a loosing streaks like everyone else.

Incredible that this board takes so much joy in seeing habs lose and go through so much agony in seeing the Leafs lose.

Explains the level of bashing....

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Doesn’t matter,the Leafs were suppose to roll on and destroy everyone in their path led by the Zeus like brain-trust in shanahan, Lamoriello and Babcock, instead, the go on a loosing streaks like everyone else.

Incredible that this board takes so much joy in seeing habs lose and go through so much agony in seeing the Leafs lose.

Explains the level of bashing....

I'm happy the Leafs lost tonight. Gives Detroit two points and makes the stupid pipe dream of the Habs making the playoffs even more ludicrous.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I'm happy the Leafs lost tonight. Gives Detroit two points and makes the stupid pipe dream of the Habs making the playoffs even more ludicrous.
HABS aren't making the playoffs man lol

We need centres and until Bergevin actually trades for one, we simply won't win......

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
HABS aren't making the playoffs man lol

We need centres and until Bergevin actually trades for one, we simply won't win......

I know they aren't, but I don't trust the idiots in charge. So long as there remains a mathematical chance (due to the ineptitude of the division), I worry about the moves they will make that they think will help them squeak into that 3rd division spot.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I know they aren't, but I don't trust the idiots in charge. So long as there remains a mathematical chance (due to the ineptitude of the division), I worry about the moves they will make that they think will help them squeak into that 3rd division spot.
I don't believe this will b the case, Boston has too many games in hand and while the Leafs are faltering, they won't tail spin into oblivion like we did a few years back.

My point is, HABS aren't trading picks for rentals this year, that I am convinced, if anything, the likes of Pleky and any aging player that is not top 6/4 will get traded for picks.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Call me crazy but I'd ignore the immediate years after expansion - the expansion draft rules were never as good as it was for Vegas.

Not that he's perfect but in the 13 years since the lockout, Poile managed to build/rebuild/retool multiple times and put together some quality teams with all the limitations of a small market team that has trouble re-signing their best players. The scouting/development team he put together is amazingly consistent. Whether it is Weber in 2003, Hornqvist in 2005, Josi in 2008, Ekholm in 2009, or Arvidsson/Turris (Girard/Kamanev) in 2014/2015. They find ways to keep adding quality players.
Yes Poile had a pretty good group to start with.

MB
Nashville has 3 dmen with more points than our top scorer. It would most likely be 4 if it wasn't for Ellis being injured.

If Marty Broduer were still playing goal he would likely have more points than most of the Canadiens.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Yes. Therriens number one center for years can make another team bottom six.....and get applause for it. :laugh:

What does that say about the foxhole brothers?

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Told you a hundred times. I said I evaluate NHL GM's year to year, not day to day or month to month. I have also been on record multiple times since June that we are on a critical path with our GM. Yes, we did not have the off season we all wanted (and yes, we disagree on the reasons why) but I don't hate like you do and I want to see if our GM is able to adjust to the card he has been dealt this year. A good GM is able to adjust and be flexible... If Bergevin makes moves to try to put us firmly planted in the middle of the pack, he will lose my support. It's the wrong move at this stage. Is he worried about his job? What Price or Weber think? Don't know... time will tell.

I also choose to replace our President before we replace our GM.
The Canadiens have the worst GM in the league. The worst GM they have ever had.

How long do you want him learning (and failing) on the job? lol

His own family probably cant wait for him to get canned. Enough is enough. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad