Out of Town Thread: Sergachev Rising Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
The way I see it, Sergachev cementing his status as a regular saving us a 2nd while Drouin's slowly, but surely making sure we get a shot at Dahlin. Sergachev for Drouin+Dahlin sounds good to me :sarcasm:.

Bergevin could also trade Dahlin for a couple scrubs and call it a good deal.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
The way I see it, Sergachev cementing his status as a regular saving us a 2nd while Drouin's slowly, but surely making sure we get a shot at Dahlin. Sergachev for Drouin+Dahlin sounds good to me :sarcasm:.

Having both Sergachev and Dahlin in ELCs with Weber is the short track to a D like Nashville. That's a short track to a final.

Imagine Sergachev and Radulov right now. That's another more plausible scenario that makes us measurably better than the team on the ice today. Possibly could have gotten Drouin for less than we paid with a better GM. Bergevin likes to overpay for players he covets. Weber, Drouin and Shaw to name a few.

You don't ask for more when the blood surges from your brain to another organ.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Flames blew an almost 2 minute 5 on 3 immediately followed by a 90 second 5 on 4. Lots of movement but no good shots.

I thought Drouin would be a similar player to Gaudreau, but I guess not.

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
Flames blew an almost 2 minute 5 on 3 immediately followed by a 90 second 5 on 4. Lots of movement but no good shots.

It is still early, but right now it is looking like we gave up a #1 D for an inconsistent winger. I suppose Sergachev never would have been developed as well by the Habs though.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

Not the same class of player, even though they have similar skills. Gaudreau is miles ahead in game management and IQ. He's a hair away from superstardom. Drouin might be a very good 1st liner.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Emelin is much better than Alzner.
At least he was doing something. I mean he was not perfect and far from a skilled player but you knew he would do his best and land some hits every games.

The problem with Alzner is he's pretty much useless. Bad offensively. Not physical. Pretty average defensively. He doesn't bring much outside of being a good guy you would not mind taking a beer with. And you don't win a cup with this type of player.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Winger? I thought we got a #1C for Sergachev and solved all out problems?

Right now we did not get much for Sergachev. Drouin is young and i'll give him more time like i did with AG last year. But so far he looks pretty average out there. He's definitely a top 6 player but unless something happen before the end of next season he's a pretty forgettable one and definitely not what we needed.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I remember when people said they wouldn’t trade Max for Landeskog.

Landy with a hattrick tonight for 13 goals on the season (also added 2 assists).

muzion

Oct 5, 2007
St-Hubert, Québec
I'm getting to see PK for the 3rd time this week, and goddamn he's been good. Not as dynamic as he used to be, but he's strong in every facet of the game. He's even getting better at creating quality chances the closer he gets to the net, which I find used to be lacking. If he wasn't being used in a defensive role he'd be close to a PPG player.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I remember when people said they wouldn’t trade Max for Landeskog.

Landy with a hattrick tonight for 13 goals on the season (also added 2 assists).
fudge...

i dropped him in my fantasy pool just this morning, damn it!

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I'm getting to see PK for the 3rd time this week, and goddamn he's been good. Not as dynamic as he used to be, but he's strong in every facet of the game. He's even getting better at creating quality chances the closer he gets to the net, which I find used to be lacking. If he wasn't being used in a defensive role he'd be close to a PPG player.
that's the thing... some people failed to appreciate what an incredible athlete he is "between the ears".

His progression from when he was drafted in the OHL, to drafted to the NHL, to becoming and NHL regular, to becoming an elite NHL player all reflected one very clear thing... continuous improvement.

This is an athlete committed to getting better. He's got the mental makeup to be a player who thrives late into his career precisely because he keeps refining and improving his game. The best all-time dmen (except maybe Orr) were all as good, if not better, in the back half of their careers as they were in the front half. The flashy and physical skills were never what made PK such a gem, just the stuff that short-sighted perceptions focused on.

Fun athlete to watch evolve, wherever he plays.

muzion

Oct 5, 2007
St-Hubert, Québec
that's the thing... some people failed to appreciate what an incredible athlete he is "between the ears".

His progression from when he was drafted in the OHL, to drafted to the NHL, to becoming and NHL regular, to becoming an elite NHL player all reflected one very clear thing... continuous improvement.

This is an athlete committed to getting better. He's got the mental makeup to be a player who thrives late into his career precisely because he keeps refining and improving his game. The best all-time dmen (except maybe Orr) were all as good, if not better, in the back half of their careers as they were in the front half. The flashy and physical skills were never what made PK such a gem, just the stuff that short-sighted perceptions focused on.

Fun athlete to watch evolve, wherever he plays.
It's pretty amazing to see how he went from being selfish on the PP as the shooter, to being an unselfish set-up man man like Markov. How he went from being a horrible defensive player in juniors, to shutting down Crosby in the playoffs the next year. That's how exceptional players slow down the inevitable aging process, by refining and improving their game as you said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad