$

Craig Darby!!! The worse skater ive ever seen in the
NHL

Reactions: Frank Drebin

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Adding Turris just seems like the final piece for Nashville. I can see them running away with the West now. They'll challenge TB for the President's Trophy, although maybe it's better if Preds don't win that.

True Stanley Cup contenders.

TB - Nashville final would be interesting. 2 Southern teams.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Adding Turris just seems like the final piece for Nashville. I can see them running away with the West now. They'll challenge TB for the President's Trophy, although maybe it's better if Preds don't win that.

When you have incredible depth on D, it allows you to trade a guy like Girard for Turris. Who knows, Preds may make another tweak or two.

One thing is for certain. That is one seriously exciting team to watch.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

The western conference is tough though ...

Habs_Apostle

Feb 22, 2004
Anyone watching Vegas? This is a pretty darn good team! Fleury looks sharp too! They're my sentimental favorite this year. It's fun cheering for a long shot - and that's why it's so fun chearing for the Habs this year! ;) And Pitts loses - we're inching up on them too! Vegas only 2 points out of a top spot in the East.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I thought the Turris addition was going to put Nashville over the top. It's such a simple addition, but coming off their Cup final run, it made sense.

You shore up your C position by adding Bonino, who isn't a 2C, but a legitimate 3C. You still have that question mark at 2C, but at least it's not Fisher or Sissons. And then you go and deal from a position of strength (thanks to that sick defense and prospect pool of defense) and trade Girard and Kamenev in a deal to land you a 2C/fringe 1C in Kyle Turris.

Your C depth goes from Johansen-Sissons-Fisher-Jarnkrok to Johansen-Turris-Bonino-Sissons all within the span of about six months without losing anyone of note in your regular lineup (aside from Neal to expansion). That is ridiculous. Ellis is still out with injury, but Nashville will be getting him back soon and they're golden. Nashville is legit. If I had to predict the Cup now, it's Nashville's imo. Even over Tampa.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I thought the Turris addition was going to put Nashville over the top. It's such a simple addition, but coming off their Cup final run, it made sense.

You shore up your C position by adding Bonino, who isn't a 2C, but a legitimate 3C. You still have that question mark at 2C, but at least it's not Fisher or Sissons. And then you go and deal from a position of strength (thanks to that sick defense and prospect pool of defense) and trade Girard and Kamenev in a deal to land you a 2C/fringe 1C in Kyle Turris.

Your C depth goes from Johansen-Sissons-Fisher-Jarnkrok to Johansen-Turris-Bonino-Sissons all within the span of about six months without losing anyone of note in your regular lineup (aside from Neal to expansion). That is ridiculous. Ellis is still out with injury, but Nashville will be getting him back soon and they're golden. Nashville is legit. If I had to predict the Cup now, it's Nashville's imo. Even over Tampa.

I find it difficult to decide who I would prefer to win the Stanley Cup between those two. On the one hand, Tampa winning would basically make the tanking argument even more iron clad. On the other, could you imagine the damage control that would take place here if Subban hoisted the cup?

If I get one picture of Subban raising the cup, I'll give the mods plenty of work lol.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
The only thing Nashville would need, imo, is another top6 scorer, they lacked scoring late in playoffs last year so having another scorer would likely help, even more if they have key injuries.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Crazy thing is that Poile is still loaded with ammunition to get another scorer: he still has his 1st and Fabbro. Even if he doesn't get a top 6 winger this year, his core is locked up until 2021 or something like that, and Tolvanen is coming next year.

Poile's playing the game on easy mode right now.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I find it difficult to decide who I would prefer to win the Stanley Cup between those two. On the one hand, Tampa winning would basically make the tanking argument even more iron clad. On the other, could you imagine the damage control that would take place here if Subban hoisted the cup?

If I get one picture of Subban raising the cup, I'll give the mods plenty of work lol.
please don’t

Signed,
A mod

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
The only thing Nashville would need, imo, is another top6 scorer, they lacked scoring late in playoffs last year so having another scorer would likely help, even more if they have key injuries.

I don’t know. They only lacked offence because Fiala got hurt and Mike Fisher was playing Top 6 minutes. Unless offence becomes an issue later in the season, I wouldn’t get a Top 6 player to mess with team chemistry. I’d target defensive depth, which is important that time of the season. They relied too heavily on the Top 4 all of last season, you don’t want to run them out of gas this season.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
holy crippes, you're on the tank wagon now?

I was on the tank wagon after that horrible start and after I realized our team D is not as good as it was. It's ridiculous to try to be a middle of the pack team based on what cards we have been dealt with this year.

Very curious to see how the rest of the season unfolds. It was not a good off season for Bergevin when we needed a good off season. Of course there are reasons for this and they have been well debated on these boards. However, if our GM is not able to adjust on the fly, then he will lose my support. We clearly need to take a step or two backwards.... Starts with trading Patch and Pleky. It's not rocket science.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad