Pre-Game Talk: Oilers vs Leafs-The Return of Eakins

Status
Not open for further replies.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Oilers are reeling, not a great start for Eakins. A trip to Toronto is the prescription for a turn around I fear.

This has potential to be ugly in so many ways.

It's going to like watching either "Scream" where we are witness to the horror of Bernier letting in a bushel of goals and we are the folly for Eakins triumphant return, or "Scary Movie" where it's oddly fun watching other peoples distruction, in this case the Oilers with all that talent.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
I'm hoping for the same lineup. I love what Leivo and Broll bought.

Oilers board is depressing, it's pretty much "how many goals will we get blown out by?" over and over again lol... feel bad for them, the team still hasn't put it together after several years now. I highly doubt it will be a blowout but this is a game we should be winning.

And players couldnt care less if theyre going to play against a guy who coached them for a few games in the AHL

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Oilers are reeling, not a great start for Eakins. A trip to Toronto is the prescription for a turn around I fear.

This has potential to be ugly in so many ways.

It's going to like watching either "Scream" where we are witness to the horror of Bernier letting in a bushel of goals and we are the folly for Eakins triumphant return, or "Scary Movie" where it's oddly fun watching other peoples distruction, in this case the Oilers with all that talent.

so. what you are saying is...
"Slumpbusters?"

Saul Goodman

Attorney at law
Dec 12, 2009
Toronto
Do the players really care that much about going up against a former coach or a former team? Or is that kind of thing just a product of the media looking for a storyline every game?

It depends, if a player has an axe to grind with a certain coach or former team it makes a huge difference. An ex player could also know his old coaches tendencies and might have insight on how to expose certain aspects of his system.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
With all of the Oiler fans on the main board telling us how crappy our players are....and how we are, and I quote, "significantly" worse this year....can we please just steamroll these creampuffs tonight....please??

Only one fan is saying that.

99% of oilers fan are saying that we are going to blow them up.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
It depends, if a player has an axe to grind with a certain coach or former team it makes a huge difference. An ex player could also know his old coaches tendencies and might have insight on how to expose certain aspects of his system.

So...we can expect a 6 point night from Kadri then?:handclap:;)

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
There was a thread this summer on the main board that the Oilers had a superior top 6 to the Leafs.

Think this is incentive enough to make tonight's game interesting.

BayStreetBullies*

Who you gonna call?:laugh:

Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!

Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...

The dead rising from the grave!

Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

Lebanese Leaf

Sep 19, 2009
Toronto, ON
Do the players really care that much about going up against a former coach or a former team? Or is that kind of thing just a product of the media looking for a storyline every game?

Are you ever enthusiastic about anything?

Seriously man, I don't know if you try to play devil's advocate or what, but all your posts are always negative criticisms of another poster or player.

It's alright to enjoy the game every once in a while.

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

There has been no word on the starter tonight right?

NHL on TSN ‏@NHLonTSN 30m
Bernier to get his 3rd straight start against the Oilers tonight. #TSN #TMLtalk

The Oilers have looked bad so far. I would like to see a very decisive win against them.

goonx

Nov 7, 2010
For a team with a boat load of #1 picks and top picks, they are doing pretty terrible. :shakehead

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Bernier is 2-0-0 against Oilers with a .965 SV% and 1SO

A very small sample size but it's still pretty good.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Bernier's superior play this season aside, it makes sense to start him against the western teams because of his familiarity with these opponents and his track record against them.

Tyler Biggs*

We're not even playing with a full team yet...that is scary folks...I've learned to keep my expectations in check, but....I'm starting to dream a little.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Small sample size is the new catch phrase?

Any time you see "Small sample size but..." its safe to say you should just scroll down. People just use that as a cop-out to hype up their players performances. Not talking about the above Bernier sample but the main boards in general

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad