Leafs lines at practice
JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Broll-Kadri-Lupul
Raymond-Clarkson-leivo
Orr--McClement-Ashton-Bodie-McLaren.

David Alter ‏@DavidAlter590
Maintenance day for Bolland, says Carlyle

All six D are practicing, Including Cody Franson who is wearing a face shield.

Frazer McLaren appears to be done practicing. Lasted about 35 min.

time to stop their young guns.

Tyler Biggs*

A good bounce back game for the buds. Just hope Franson is gonna be ok.

Leafs are right. Goalie competition is good. Look at LA since Bernier left Quick = just ordinary. Keep both goalies. Let both grow within the Leafs system. Later if one just has to go because he's too good to sit on the bench, Leafs should haul a couple high picks back or a high pick and top prospect.

Bernier is a solid goalie. Good glove hand and sound positionally. Should be an excellent 1-2 punch for the blue and white this season. Fisher should be talked to by Shanny. Could have been a lot worse. Anyhow my Leafs are on a roll. Hope the goalies can keep their play up! GLG!

mikebel111*

I believe I predicted in the pre game thread of the Avs game that rielly will get his first nhl assist in the 3rd game, check that, and I predicted he will score first goal in 5th game. half way there for me

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs..._three_straight_nhl_games_for_first_time.html

Jonathan Bernier has never started three games in a row in his NHL career.

That is about to change.

Bernier is expected to start Saturday for the Maple Leafs at home to the Edmonton Oilers after shutting out the Nashville Predators on Thursday night.

He made 36 saves for his seventh career shutout and first as a Maple Leaf. Through four games with the team (three starts), Bernier is 3-1-0 with a 0.85 goals-against average and .974 save percentage.

He improved to 8-1-0 with a 1.67 goals-against average, .941 save percentage and two shutouts in nine career games versus the Predators.

James Reimer started two games — the season opener in Montreal and the home opener against Ottawa. He was pulled in the second period of that game after allowing four goals and hasn't played since. With Bernier in net, the Leafs came back and beat Ottawa in a shootout.

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
A good bounce back game for the buds. Just hope Franson is gonna be ok.

Leafs are right. Goalie competition is good. Look at LA since Bernier left Quick = just ordinary. Keep both goalies. Let both grow within the Leafs system. Later if one just has to go because he's too good to sit on the bench, Leafs should haul a couple high picks back or a high pick and top prospect.

Bernier is a solid goalie. Good glove hand and sound positionally. Should be an excellent 1-2 punch for the blue and white this season. Fisher should be talked to by Shanny. Could have been a lot worse. Anyhow my Leafs are on a roll. Hope the goalies can keep their play up! GLG!

Honestly this is what I hope happens. Why have one or the other if you could just have both.

mikebel111*

Those numbers (Bernier's) make me feel funny.

We HAVE to win this game. There really is no excuse to lose this one.

oilers seem to be taking some time to adjusting to the system of Eakins. We should be able to win the game. I just want 60 min effort for once.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Kessel > Hall
Kadri > RNH
Orr > Eberle
Bozie > Gagner

GO LEAFS GO!

This team would beat the '88 Oilers, and it wouldn't even be close

mikebel111*

Kessel > Hall
Kadri > RNH
Orr > Eberle
Bozie > Gagner

GO LEAFS GO!

This team would beat the '88 Oilers, and it wouldn't even be close

I agree on the first 2 and the last one, but no way on the third one.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
The type of game we usually lose. I'm sure the Oilers players will want to win this one for Eakins.

Should be a big contrast going from the Preds to the Oilers. One good defensive team to a very offensive one.

mikebel111*

David Alter ‏@DavidAlter590 6m
Carlyle on 1on1 drlls: I made the comment to Kessel because he competes against Phaneuf that everyone on the ice wear Phaneuf masks.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
We really should win this game, which means we'll probably lose. I'm just gonna assume we're 4-2 going into next week. Still happy with that.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Brennan was sent back down to the Marlies, they have a game this afternoon.

So I would expect the Defence will be the same as Last nights game...

Phanuef/Gunnarsson
Rielly/Franson
Gardiner/Ranger

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Lance Hornby @sunhornby
Maintenance day for Dave Bolland, Franson had stitches but will play Sat. Mike Fisher sent him text last night to mke sure he was OK.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Why? What argument could you possibly make for Eberle being a better hockey player than Orr?

There are none.

Toughness - Orr
Spelling abilitiy (speculation) - Orr
Use of 28 as a jersey number - Orr
Being Colton Orr - Draw
Who can carry more grocery bags in one trip - Orr

4/5 with a draw, this is a pointless argument. Orr AINEC

That argument being settled, this is a game the Leafs can easily win. It'll be nice to Eakins back, but I have a feeling Carlyle and the boys in blue will know just how to counter his system. Providing that MegaJohn plays at even close to the same caliber where he's been, and our offense shows up, I just can't see us losing this one.

Also - if this is a maintenance day for Bolland I hope his groin isn't still flaring up. That could spell trouble down the road for him, and he's a guy we really want to have in the playoff race/postseason.

GO LEAFS GO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad