Post-Game Talk: Oilers 8 - Vegas 2

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
nnzJhBy.jpg

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
That's still a pro goalie for Vegas that started. He's had his ups and downs so far, but I'd say that porous D was more of an issue than the goals Legace let in. Legace didn't have much (or any) chance on the goals he allowed. The boys earned this one, badly out-shooting and out-chancing Vegas from what I saw (I had to miss over half of the game, unfortunately).

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
That was fantastic tonight. I know it's Vegas' 4th and 5th goalies, but the Oilers just completely stomped them. O'jase said Catharsis in the GDT, and I couldn't agree more.

Reactions: Ol' Jase

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
Im surprised Klefbom didn't manage to end up -2 in a 8-2 win.

Naw man didn't you hear he ran out of "don't give a f***" pills in the loss to the Rangers. Still had a bit of residual effects in the Washington game but now i think they're all out of his system (i hope...).

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Like how recently, medias been discussing RNH's high shooting percentage. 2 Goals on 2 shots, and both were zingers.

He's always had a good shot, and have no idea why people argue with me on that. It's just he prefers to defer. Probably still looking to set-up Ebs out there. That actually might be why he's playing so well: the shackles are off (both in terms of being 'allowed' to play more offensively, and no more defensive baby-sitting for Ebs?. Wouldn't be a true PGT without a shot at my once favorite player (in place and time long, long ago)).

I'd still like to see Drai on that line, with Pulju moving up. But whatever works. Just whatever works use it, and keep on using it. I'm not complaining about the lines anymore. Todd's the coach and he's gonna do what he feels is right, and is hardly gonna listen to some random dude on an internet message board.

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
About Nuge, Friedman was on Oilers Now a couple of days ago and answered Stauffers question on whether or not Nuge is a 2nd or 3rd line centre. He, Friedman, said he would be 3rd in Edmonton (which I understand, I mean obviously McDavid and Drai) but when he said 3rd in Calgary I nearly flipped. Freidman said and I quote, maybe behind Monahan and Backlund? Honestly I felt disrespect for Nuge. If you ask me he would be their number 1.

Reactions: Samus44

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
McDavid's ho hum start has him 6th in league scoring. If he goes on another run like he did at the end of last year the Art Ross will be his again.

Reactions: Ol' Jase

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad