Post-Game Talk: Oilers 8 - Vegas 2

Todd from Leduc

Connor “The Next Great One” McDavid
Nov 15, 2017
Leduc
Most impressive thing McDavid showed last night wasn't his 2g 1a 3pts night, it's how mature and grounded he was giving encouragement to the opponent's junior goalie.

He got his 4th point and a hat trick taken away by an incorrect call from the ref(Maroon was hit into the goalie by the VGK d man), and he has the humility in that heated/excited moment to not just not complaining to the ref understanding that it's a 7-2 game at that point, but also give a tab to Ferguson as encouragement and being a great sport.

Very impressive and that's what a true leader is like.

One Word, General Manager, of course he's still got 20 or so years of playing and a handful of cups to get first ;)

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
speaking of Pulju, he is noticeably faster. Skating has improved drastically from last year, Very fast skater when he hits his stride. Its the quickness that will keep getting better as he matures
To me he is no quicker (he always had speed) but certainly thicker and stronger.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
This game was just what the doctor ordered.

Blues have given up some goals in their last couple of games, there is opportunity here.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
To me he is no quicker (he always had speed) but certainly thicker and stronger.
I agree, but I can see why he looks faster to some. Its because he's handling the puck better and is carrying the puck with confidence. He's the only player on the team aside from McDavid, Draisaitl and RNH who can wind up in their own end and gain the offensive zone with ease. I do think Jesse's another year or 2 away in terms of strength from becoming a dominant player. When he has the strength to consistently outmuscle guys with his size, reach, and speed he is going to be an absolute nightmare on the forecheck and cycle. It sure is going to be something watching this team in 3 on 3 when Yamamoto and hopefully Benson make the team.

McDavid-Puljujarvi-Nurse
Draisaitl-Yamamoto-Klefbom
RNH-Benson-Sekera/Larsson

Good luck lol.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
This game was just what the doctor ordered.

Blues have given up some goals in their last couple of games, there is opportunity here.
It's funny Gregor and Rishaug briefly talked about how much stock you can put into this game. While it's true maybe we shouldn't get too excited, this could very well be the spark this team needs to get back on track.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
bringing up someones posting history is not bullying.

a) they were mocking him because they don't like him, as opposed to talking about the content of his posts.
and b) your second post towards me was a pretty lame shot, I assume to show how "cool" you are.
thanks for giving me a reason to use the ignore button. have a pleasant day.

Reactions: Declassified

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
I agree, but I can see why he looks faster to some. Its because he's handling the puck better and is carrying the puck with confidence. He's the only player on the team aside from McDavid, Draisaitl and RNH who can wind up in their own end and gain the offensive zone with ease. I do think Jesse's another year or 2 away in terms of strength from becoming a dominant player. When he has the strength to consistently outmuscle guys with his size, reach, and speed he is going to be an absolute nightmare on the forecheck and cycle. It sure is going to be something watching this team in 3 on 3 when Yamamoto and hopefully Benson make the team.

McDavid-Puljujarvi-Nurse
Draisaitl-Yamamoto-Klefbom
RNH-Benson-Sekera/Larsson

Good luck lol.

That might actually be the fastest 3 on 3 combination in the league, McDavid, Puljujarvi and Nurse are all speed demons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad