Post-Game Talk: Oilers 8 - Vegas 2

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
We will never play two worse goalies again. Good to put up 8 goals but can't get too high on this one.

True. But I half expected Lagace to make 78 saves and win Vegas the game.

Those goals were all important for our confidence ! Lets keep it rolling, real test Thursday

Dashh

Oct 26, 2013
damn, more goals and hockey is actually exciting as hell. Great game even though vegas sucks. No clue how they won their previous games even if they had better tending.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Well. That was a beating.

4-2-1 in our last 7. Maybe we aren't dead and buried after all.

Fourth string goalie or whatever, sure, but shots were 23-11 after two periods. Won this one and we 100% deserved to win.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
nXd2qr9.gif

This sums up the game in a nutshell. The thumbs up, the beer, the expression. Take that, Neal!

Way to go, boys! Hope you're back now, Klefbom. Was worried we'd lost you for a while. Really hope this is a step in the right direction for Klef and the entire team.

jebs

Mar 4, 2011
The AHL team was 10-5 against NHL teams before this game. Just sayin...

Oh come on, yes good start, but there’s only one direction that team is headed in the standings. I’m glad they in the division.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Who was it who told me Nuge sucked and would never be as good as Kadri and I said Kadri took a while to be good and their careers took similar paths and this year would be Nuge's breakout.

Yeah.

Told you

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
Oh, and it looks like I got my wish! Klefbom woke up! I just got home, so yeah, I have no idea how the game has gone, but gonna check it out.

Told you bitching him out would work. Haha.

We probably don't score 8 on a real goalie.

That doesn't change the fact that this game was extremely one sided.

Were any of the goals weak? Most of them were goals any goalie would be very unlikely to stop. The Oilers almost certainly get 6 against anyone. Klefbom's goal=no chance, Nuge's goal=no chance, Maroon's=no chance, Benning=stoppable but not weak. Deflections are tough and that was a nice one, McDavid's PP goal=very little chance, McDavid+Nuge's 2nd goals=little chance on beauty snipes in the slot, Letestu-No chance. I'm also not convinced that the Maroon goal is waived off and a penalty if it's not a kid in net. The Oilers scored a lot on REALLY high quality chances. Vegas looked like an expansion team.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Who was it who told me Nuge sucked and would never be as good as Kadri and I said Kadri took a while to be good and their careers took similar paths and this year would be Nuge's breakout.

Yeah.

Told you
It was me and Kadri had 61 points last year and has 16 in 19 this year so no you haven’t told me anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad