Post-Game Talk: Oilers 8 - Vegas 2

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Trust the Pro-cess, my friends.
I lurk and your doom and gloom is morbid.

***Please smile more Oilers fans.***
Cl95_WtVAAAM8ny.jpg
latest

I feel like I'm getting closer.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Bad goaltending and bad Vegas defense. I feel we could have cycled forever if we wanted to.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Told you *****ing him out would work. Haha.

Finally worked. I've been trying that for weeks it seems now. ;)

I did say in the game thread that I had a feeling Klef would bust out tonight, but then qualified that with saying it was more of a hope. Should've left the qualifier out. Hey, whatever works. I'm fine with that. :D

Reactions: Samus44

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Like how recently, medias been discussing RNH's high shooting percentage. 2 Goals on 2 shots, and both were zingers.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Two very solid forward lines. If Cammy can come in and make something happen with Strome I think we will have a very solid forward group

Reactions: snipes

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Oh come on, yes good start, but there’s only one direction that team is headed in the standings. I’m glad they in the division.

I expect them to fall down the standings too. Doesn't change the fact that at this point in time, they were 10-5 and undefeated against the west so better than an AHL team. Hell, there were some posters who were saying in the pre-game that Vegas was the superior team which I laughed off of course.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
Just seen Nuge on Sportsnet for Post game interview. Looks like his Movember stash is really coming along, what a soup strainer.
:biglaugh:

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
Who was it who told me Nuge sucked and would never be as good as Kadri and I said Kadri took a while to be good and their careers took similar paths and this year would be Nuge's breakout.

Yeah.

Told you

No he's a bum weakling who's terrible defensively. Who cares that he played the toughest minutes last year in the league and his linemates were poor with one getting traded and another fired, and those were the good ones! lol.

Seriously though it's nice to see it's always been clear to me Nuge was an excellent player who's sacrificed a lot for this team and thankfully Lucic has been a lot more helpful and better this year, especially post Philly loss, meaning he's actually got some help. Hopefully with Puljujarvi and Slepyshev, two big righty's who shoot, that second line can have 2 effective players for Nuge to work with.

McDavid has been a lot worse taking on some of his tough minutes but in the long run him and Draisaitl at their salary are going to have to produce in those situations.

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
Glancing through the Golden Knights twitter feed, many things were the first in franchise history for them tonight; least of which was snow.

Last edited:
Reactions: CycloneSweep

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Obviously happy with the win, but it was also satisfying to finally watch a Vegas game where they get shit on like the expansion team they are. f*** the feel good story, GMGM has made some laughable decisions and I want to watch them suffer the consequences.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Welcome to the no needless negativity zone. :D

That was a feel good hockey game for sure. :nod:

The team really needed that win. I think Ol Jase correctly called it a statement game.

One thing I really liked in this game is that I did see mistakes but the team didnt compound a mistake with another mistake. They played a clean game for the most part.

Have to think the trade gave them a bit of a jolt tonight.

Looking forward to some added offence in the bottom 6 from Cammalleri.

Very good day today for this team. :thumbu:

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Fun game to watch. We were the better team by a large margin tonight. Think we get the Blues a couple of times in th next 4 games - we will really need our A game for those games if we hope to finish November at .500. :)

Hopefully this us the season turning point!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad