Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid 2, More Flyers Rumors & Media Mentions: Say It Like You Mean It

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Btw - I'm putting this in a separate post but...

I genuinely love PHLY Flyers, I think the production quality is great, they are up to date on their news - and they know the team inside out. Like Bill is a wealth of knowledge. He does his HW. I regularly listen to like 10 podcasts across all my teams (lol)I can't say that about everyone I listen too. It's clear when someone doesn't know.

I'm a huge Bill Matz guy, I align with his opinions hard. He is not on board with giving TK a big deal, and wonders how they are going to get top end talent without tearing this thing down. I understand Charlie isn't everyone's cup of tea and can be off-putting for some - but I think he's the best beat in this city. He is basically like one of two people in the locker room covering the team who uses advanced metrics and data to support his opinions. Kelly and JP provide nice value to the show too.

Maybe I'm overrating the show because there's not much else out there like this - but I really enjoy the coverage.

I'm also assuming that the Flyers coverage is also not as in demand as the Eagles, Phils, Sixers - there's just less people backed by a news outlet, or TV - doing shows like this.

I enjoy them too. The production is good, the flow is a lot better than BSH, and it's generally an entertaining listen. I am definitely not a fan of the ad reads - and I get it that ads are how they make money, but man, the entire show now is interrupting my experience with 2+ minute ad reads that are not as clever as they think they are. I'm pretty close to abandoning the show at this point.

There's still Locked on Flyers and Flyers Daily for my Flyers fix.

Reactions: usahockey22flyers

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don’t know how people can listen to the same podcast every single day. I listen to all of them less because of it. But I’ll listen to every 32 Thoughts (not all the interviews though) because it’s twice a week, and 3 in the playoffs

Reactions: Curufinwe

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
I don’t know how people can listen to the same podcast every single day. I listen to all of them less because of it. But I’ll listen to every 32 Thoughts (not all the interviews though) because it’s twice a week, and 3 in the playoffs
yea
. i tried doing the Rogan podcast during the Covid horseshit..

but eventually i was just this is to much time...

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
Been back and forth between USA and Italy a lot last 10 yrs. When i’m in Italy I try to listen to the Sportsnet Hockey Central show - now I think it’s the Jeff Marek show??? I would listen every day.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Been back and forth between USA and Italy a lot last 10 yrs. When i’m in Italy I try to listen to the Sportsnet Hockey Central show - now I think it’s the Jeff Marek show??? I would listen every day.
Jeff Marek's own show is every day, yes.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
1714432356363.png

1714432385797.png

I don't even think Homer was this bad with these lmao

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
Would they be happy with Farabee, if Rocky wasn’t coaching the PP, and he could get a point or two there?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Would they be happy with Farabee, if Rocky wasn’t coaching the PP, and he could get a point or two there?
Our good forwards get shit talked around the league and even by their own team because their point totals are undercut by a league worst PP.

I wonder if Torts thinks he’s a pissant too.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The guy basically has a contract until the end of his career, what's the point in changing agents now?

Not happy with how his agent went to the media regarding his benching?

Does he want his agent to negotiate a deal with Cure Auto so he can get in one of those commercials?

Who knows for sure but when you switch to a Brisson who’s the top agent/agency in the league you either have an upcoming contract you’re trying to cash out on or you’re looking to explore trade options. The first one is obviously out of question here. The second one possibly?

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
The guy basically has a contract until the end of his career, what's the point in changing agents now?

Not happy with how his agent went to the media regarding his benching?

Does he want his agent to negotiate a deal with Cure Auto so he can get in one of those commercials?
No way, he's holding out for the West German BMW commercials like Richards used to do. The pinnacle of advertising.

Reactions: BernieParent

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad