Post-Game Talk: Oilers 8 - Vegas 2

John Connor McDavid

Apr 17, 2017
With his stock so high it's the perfect time to trade Nuge. Especially if Cammalleri shows some signs of chemistry with McDavid. Imagine the puck-moving D-Man you could get in exchange for him. I don't think his value will ever be higher.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
"Hey guys, RNH is playing below his potential because of low confidence."

"No, he's just been figured out at the NHL level and has always been overrated."

"No, no. Eakins did a real number on him."

"No, he's just too weak and predictable. You're just a fanboy who doesn't know hockey."

"Yeah, well you're stupid."

"You're stupid."

"No, you just wait and see."

"Oh, you were right."

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I applaud you for sticking with him. Although it should have been obvious that he’s a damn good player for years now to anyone with some ability to get past the “what have you done lately” mindset.

Absolutely. I just couldnt let go of the fact that he was such a smart and talented player for his first few seasons as an Oiler. There was just so much about the player that stood out.
Talent and brains dont just disappear.

Really happy to see the old Nuge again. :nod:

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
And one shorty.

This was as dominant a game as it gets. Men against boys.

Despite Drew trying his darnedest to pump up Vegas' tires, they sure looked like pretenders tonight.

Owned. I love it.

And who is this Nuge and where has he been for 3 years? The dude's fire.

Man...cant believe I forgot the shorty. First one this year. :thumbu:

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
With his stock so high it's the perfect time to trade Nuge. Especially if Cammalleri shows some signs of chemistry with McDavid. Imagine the puck-moving D-Man you could get in exchange for him. I don't think his value will ever be higher.
Who plays 2c if nuge goes? If it's Drai then who plays 1rw? I think we need to hang on to the nuge. He gives us options.

Reactions: SomeDudeOTI

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
The only good trade for Nuge was when he was in the conversation for Seth Jones. Other than that, no can do, Nugey isn't going anywhere.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Hopefully Connor got a little more faith in his shot after tonight. That guy can shoot. We need to strap some blinders on his visor so he stops looking for Drai and Maroon.

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
About Nuge, Friedman was on Oilers Now a couple of days ago and answered Stauffers question on whether or not Nuge is a 2nd or 3rd line centre. He, Friedman, said he would be 3rd in Edmonton (which I understand, I mean obviously McDavid and Drai) but when he said 3rd in Calgary I nearly flipped. Freidman said and I quote, maybe behind Monahan and Backlund? Honestly I felt disrespect for Nuge. If you ask me he would be their number 1.

Friedman has been down on Nuge for awhile, just based on his banter with other media personalities. Was claiming RNH for Pacioretty(playoff ghost) was a no-brainer. Saying things like Monahan/Backlund>RNH. And the weird part is nobody within the Oilers management/coaches nor most media guys have expressed anything but good things about Nuge.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Conclusion I make from tonight is that Jokinen was doing voodoo magic to curse our team, and Chia broke the spell. There is really no other way to interpret today's events.

John Connor McDavid

Apr 17, 2017
The only good trade for Nuge was when he was in the conversation for Seth Jones. Other than that, no can do, Nugey isn't going anywhere.

What if OEL becomes an option in exchange? Phoenix is desperate at the moment and I think there's a deal to be made:

OEL+Christian Dvorak for RNH+Nurse

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
The boys hit the bodies and scored the goals tonight.
Klefbom looked like Klefbom again, which is awesome!

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Oilers went from 31st in the NHL in goals to 26th...in one game

Also improved their number of power-play goals by over 40% tonight, going from 7 to 10. While this could be the win that helps turn the season around, they also can't take the pedal off the medal; they need to climb out of the hole they're still in a bit, get over .500 and make a run for the highest position in the standings they can. They played a great game, but hope there's no let down next game from too much back-patting in the room. But they deserved this result, and I hope this gets a lot of guys' game's pointed in a better direction. Now keep it going. We need a streak! Go go Rangers streak style!

Last edited:

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
"Hey guys, RNH is playing below his potential because of low confidence."

"No, he's just been figured out at the NHL level and has always been overrated."

"No, no. Eakins did a real number on him."

"No, he's just too weak and predictable. You're just a fanboy who doesn't know hockey."

"Yeah, well you're stupid."

"You're stupid."

"No, you just wait and see."

"Oh, you were right."
As a big RNH doubter, he deserved all the criticism he got last year and all the praise he gets this year. He played bad last year. Hes playing good this year. Both of these are facts.

To be fair, there was some posters on here who predicted he would get back on track. Kudos to them. You guys saw something I missed. Hes playing great this year. But he did not live up to this potential last year and he deserved the criticism.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
You kind of wish you could put some of these goals in your pocket and have house chips for the next game. Always nice to get off the snide. Lots of fun tonight and my only thing is the 8 goals kind of magnified what a lame goal song we have. I know its been two years (I think) with this one but man, can they get anything better? please? I sometimes turn the volume down so I don't have to hear the goal song. maybe the crowd could be louder;)

This is the 3rd fun night at Rogers so far this season, there needs to be many more like this.

no that wasn't me at the game, I'm far better looking..

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
Great game.

Let's talk about the real hero BHG. Someone get his face on a t-shirt and in the dressing room.

**** the biker jacket that thing is so dumb. Let's get a long gray hair wig and red bandana.
Best oiler moment since the fly!

FlyCam.jpg

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
You kind of wish you could put some of these goals in your pocket and have house chips for the next game. Always nice to get off the snide. Lots of fun tonight and my only thing is the 8 goals kind of magnified what a lame goal song we have. I know its been two years (I think) with this one but man, can they get anything better? please? I sometimes turn the volume down so I don't have to hear the goal song. maybe the crowd could be louder;)

This is the 3rd fun night at Rogers so far this season, there needs to be many more like this.

no that wasn't me at the game, I'm far better looking..

I feel like you are one of my best friends and I don't even know it. Because like him, you always have to bitch about something no matter what.

I imagine you as a soldier on the day that WW2 ended. "Ugh yeah I guess it's cool the war is over but damn such a long trip home. I'm gonna be jet lagged AF."

Reactions: ThePhoenixx

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Is it just me or has Letestu gained weight, not in a good way? he seems heavier, slower, can't cover, and -1 in an 8-2 game lol. The guy though all season is a tirefire at EV. He's nowhere close to earning his pay. One of the worst players on the team. But McLellan has wood for him so you know he gets his minutes.

Nice to see it happening for Khaira, needs to continue to work like that and not take any game for granted. When he is determined to get pucks to the net he's a handful. But he needs to be doing that every game. He at least is earning starts.

John Connor McDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Honestly, I love both RNH and Nurse this year. I make the deal 10 times out of 10.

Gives us some tantalizing looks depth-wise given Dvorak's pedigree (120 pt 19yo season in OHL, good rookie season):

Maroon-McDavid-Strome
Lucic-Draisaitl-Puljujarvi
Cammaleri-Dvorak-Kassian
Khaira-Letestu-Pakarinen

OEL-Larsson
Klefbom-Sekera
Russell-Benning

Reactions: Forgot About Drai

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I feel like you are one of my best friends and I don't even know it. Because like him, you always have to ***** about something no matter what.

I imagine you as a soldier on the day that WW2 ended. "Ugh yeah I guess it's cool the war is over but damn such a long trip home. I'm gonna be jet lagged AF."
What can I say, I'm a music critic too. But do people actually like that goal song? I always prefer one that rocks or gets people pumped or something. I don't even know who its by tbh.

ps your friend sounds pretty cool..;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad