Official: Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor on August 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Boxing was exposed tonight for being a sport on the decline. This was a win for McGregor and the UFC, regardless of the outcome.

And that's why I love Chael Sonnen, calling out the corrupt judges on live TV.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Embarrassing fight for McGregor. But at the end of the day, he made more money in one fight than he has from all of his fights combined. Anyone saying **** about boxing doesn't know what they're talking about. There is a reason why he tried hard to fight may weather. Conors net worth is 30 million... And Mayweathers is 300 million.

It's probably closer to 800-900 now and was over 600 before this fight. But the point stands.

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
Riiight and guessing that will get million+ viewership?:laugh:

Considering the fact that Canelo has just done 1 million PPV buys in his last fight and 2.2 million PPV buys against Floyd Mayweather I think you look pretty clueless and ignorant right about now.

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
You guys are all so bitter, it was a fun show and something to watch. Hopefully they brought a lot of attention to the sport of boxing.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Embarrassing fight for McGregor.

For Mayweather too though if he imagines that this takes him past Rocky Marciano somehow. Rather he hurt his own legacy and not for the first time. Pity, because he really is good enough to do it better.

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
When Usain Bolt won his Olympic gold were you complaining on how it's weak ass effort since he doesn't have to jump. Hurdles winners are the ****? Amirite?

No. The problem was the olympic track. In real life you aren't on a track.
He should have had to climb a few fences, and navigate bumpy terrain; grass, gravel, asphalt, sidewalk.

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
Yeah some people actualy combat in their combat sports, see in a real fight you dont have the luxury to only fight with your hands.

Actually its not a real fight considering you cannot use weapons, hit people in the groin, or gouge out their eyes

Everything has rules to it, combat sports are what they are: sports. They are not real life scenarios considering the fact that most serious fights involve weapons and more then 2 people.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
It's kind of insane that Mayweather is damn near a billionaire.

To be fair, he's probably a significant amount lower in cash/estate than his net worth is calculated as due to his extravagant lifestyle. But the guy is still filthy rich, even after he pays his taxes. :laugh:

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Boxing was exposed tonight for being a sport on the decline. This was a win for McGregor and the UFC, regardless of the outcome.

And that's why I love Chael Sonnen, calling out the corrupt judges on live TV.

Care to elaborate? Boxing ain't had a heavyweight since Tyson, yet it still holds strong. MMA is new(and doing well), but boxing has a broader appeal, and when they get a stable of heavyweights, it will take off again.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Really, 600? I checked 4 days ago.

I did it from a different site, seems like Forbes is giving him 340. I don't remember where I looked it up but I think it was 620 or something like that.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Actually its not a real fight considering you cannot use weapons, hit people in the groin, or gouge out their eyes

Everything has rules to it, combat sports are what they are: sports. They are not real life scenarios considering the fact that most serious fights involve weapons and more then 2 people.

Sure, but its hell of a lot closer to real life fight than boxing is, besides its way more exciting.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Yeah boxing is still so immensely more popular worldwide over UFC.

Fact of the matter is Canelo/Golovkin is a way bigger draw than any UFC show has ever done in the United States.

UFC fails in one big aspect: when they are rolling around. Its just boring. Nobody wants to see two men rolling on top of each other. Most dudes aren't into that stuff.

A lot of fans don't understand the grappling. Hence why they boo.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010

Stop shattering my illusions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad