Official: Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor on August 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
So you are using Klitchkos fight, a fighter who is RETIRING and was the main draw for the fight, as the proof of a bright future for boxing? :laugh::laugh:

lolwut? it's Joshua who is the excitement machine, as successful as Klitschko was people, outside of Europe, didn't like him because he wasn't entertaining. Joshua is a big, powerful, brutal man who can feed people what they want to see in the heavyweight division and has the UK audience and media at his feet.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Hope lots of people cashed in on Mayweather. Best odds you will ever see for a fight - should have been -1500 and got under -400 for awhile. This will be the new example they give when explaining "public" betting lines to people.

As for the fight, McGregor surprised by doing decent early. But Mayweather by stoppage was always the best bet, so no surprise there.

But McGregor's terrible cardio strikes again. You've seen it in UFC fights, it was going to happen tonight for sure.

Pretty crazy here in Vegas, busiest night I've seen. Lots of celebrity sightings. Ran into Nate Diaz about an hour before the main event.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
lolwut? it's Joshua who is the excitement machine, as successful as Klitschko was people, outside of Europe, didn't like him because he wasn't entertaining. Joshua is a big, powerful, brutal man who can feed people what they want to see in the heavyweight division and has the UK audience and media at his feet.

Really it comes down to brand recognition and Klichko brings in the viewers.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC

Don't bother, Morozov. This guy thinks boxing will cease to exist as a professional sport by the end of the year.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Really it comes down to brand recognition and Klichko brings in the viewers.

Wow, the 41 year old long term champion was a more known name than the 27 year old who hasn't even had 20 fights? and yet, tell me more about Wlad's PPV numbers in his career? Wlad's brand, and I was a big Wlad fan, was synonymous with boring, especially among the casual Boxing audience. Joshua is exactly what the casual fans want to see.

The Joshua brand is blossoming, people had been hailing him as the future of the Heavyweight division and that fight was seen as the dawning of the new era.

Your knowledge of Boxing is so limited, why you continue to make a fool of yourself commenting on something you have no idea about is beyond me.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Hope lots of people cashed in on Mayweather. Best odds you will ever see for a fight - should have been -1500 and got under -400 for awhile. This will be the new example they give when explaining "public" betting lines to people.

As for the fight, McGregor surprised by doing decent early. But Mayweather by stoppage was always the best bet, so no surprise there.

But McGregor's terrible cardio strikes again. You've seen it in UFC fights, it was going to happen tonight for sure.

Pretty crazy here in Vegas, busiest night I've seen. Lots of celebrity sightings. Ran into Nate Diaz about an hour before the main event.

Did he smoke you out? That'd be a great story.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006

That was as close to free money as you'll ever find. To put it in perspective I normally don't bet more than $5 on a particular game or event. Had no reservations throwing $50 on Mayweather tonight. Was expecting Mayweather payout to be so low it wouldn't be worth it (like -1000 or so). Cannot believe I got him at -330, and incredibly it was down to -290 by the time the fight was about to start.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
Wow, the 41 year old long term champion was a more known name than the 27 year old who hasn't even had 20 fights? and yet, tell me more about Wlad's PPV numbers in his career? Wlad's brand, and I was a big Wlad fan, was synonymous with boring, especially among the casual Boxing audience. Joshua is exactly what the casual fans want to see.

The Joshua brand is blossoming, people had been hailing him as the future of the Heavyweight division and that fight was seen as the dawning of the new era.

Your knowledge of Boxing is so limited, why you continue to make a fool of yourself commenting on something you have no idea about is beyond me.

He's just a delusional Conor fanboy lashing out. Pay no mind.

Rocko604

Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC

Heard Nate's a good dude. Is that true?

Were you at the fight or just in Vegas to soak in the atmosphere?

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California

Anthony Joshua/Deontay Wilder next year.

Rocko604

Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
That was as close to free money as you'll ever find. To put it in perspective I normally don't bet more than $5 on a particular game or event. Had no reservations throwing $50 on Mayweather tonight. Was expecting Mayweather payout to be so low it wouldn't be worth it (like -1000 or so). Cannot believe I got him at -330, and incredibly it was down to -290 by the time the fight was about to start.

Wasn't Rousey favoured vs Nunes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad