North Bay Battalion 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Great win by the guys. Was a little worried late in the third but that Jake Henderson pickup was key. We're gonna need some hard grinding shifts from our bottom lines to avoid letting Kingston cycle our D. The Eemeli Rasanen goal was a thing of beauty. We need to avoid that.

Really hoping Riley Bruce settles in this series. He needs to play some safe but physical brand defense. Preventing that seam pass is imperative.

Reactions: too_long

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Just finished watching the replay, great road game by the Troops. Outstanding saves by CP33 with 5 1/2 and then 3 1/2 min. to play. Good sign for me was watching the 3rd period unfold, Troops up 2, then 1, they never stopped pushing the pace of play, got many strong zone exits and then had players deep on the forecheck. As mentioned above things did get a little dicey as the 3rd wore on.
Jake Henderson's goal was preceded by his outhustling a KGN. defender to nullify icing, then outworking E. Rasanen (who eventually quit on the play), then getting to open space to receive a great pass.
It's a little early to predict the outcome and KGN has many elite players who simply cannot be overlooked. But so far, the team has one more win than some (including me) had predicted.

Reactions: H0CKEY17

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
..if the Batt get $2.50 a ticket for approx. 70000.....works out to over ??......do they supply concessions...yes I think.......that should cover a lost "home" date...

Last edited:

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Setting a record for attendance at the Women's World Championships...

Yeah, how someone could find negativity there is mind boggling.

Greatger

May 11, 2007
Great officiating in the game yesterday. It's no wonder people don't attend. There was so many interference & hooking calls not called on Kingston. Obviously they certainly didn't want North Bay to go up 2 - 0 in the series and it showed.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
The Voodoos fired their coach for having a couple beers with legal age players after the game? That is ridiculous.

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
To: V.F.T.N.

There will be dozens, for sure. Apparently the fan bus is almost full, so that means 40+, and I personally know of another 2 going by car, and also another 2 Sudbury residents who are committed to attending.

Gr8northscout

Aug 29, 2012
Ontario
Any of guys could provide me some sort of scouting report on Brazeau, I think he is an interesting pickup in the late rounds with the breakout year he is having. Particularly intrigue to know about his skating and compete level?

Think Dave Andreychuk and Ray Shephard. Neither could skate well but boy could they score.

Gr8northscout

Aug 29, 2012
Ontario
...the NB Battalion lose ONE playoff game....the curling is drawing about 12,000 a day..the Battalion get ALL concessions...BEER...and I belive $2,50 a ticket..do the math...not hurting...first crowd for Kingston MIGHT get 3,000.....I for one would not be surprised..playing Butler hockey to see a first round upset....

You're assuming this. Abbott has a good contract but I doubt he gets anything from National events.
Post the contract otherwise stop assuming.

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
...I do not believe the contract is restricted to provincial/local events....trying to get hold of contract
..googled Battalion arena contract......looks like all tickets to "any" event although at certain points it mentions "hockey" tickets.....all concessions.....reads to me ....a layperson....nice dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: View from section 9

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I was at the game, there was about 1100 people, but the crowd was vibrate. It was good, hard hitting, fast skating playoff game. I thought first period was great and intense, Propp made some highlight saves in the first, and like how he battles and his intensity.

Second period, NB came out a little flat, and took few penalties, and it was turning point of the came. Sean Day is such a beautiful skater, and he dominating back there, it was hard for NB to get by him.

Third Period, NB came out strong scoring early, but Kingston came back not much later, and took over the game and shutdown NB.

It was entertaining game in most part.

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
From my seat Burghardt punched the Kingston player in the face after taking a hard whack. No match necessary.

In the end #3 & #17, out best players for the most part invisible tells me we're being out-coached, badly.

Re: your assessment of Pu, yes I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad